Anthem keeps docking us around

shaun07

It's weather. Blame your God(s) and stop whining to everyone that someone else needs to keep you 100% safe at all times.

Who cares more about your life other than you? No one. Take responsibility for yourself. Perhaps don't put yourself in danger... ever. Perhaps a plastic bubble.

You can analyze a weather forecast as well as anyone else. Why did you get on the ship? Perhaps it is your fault.

Since every Monday morning quarterback meteorologist seems to have claimed to predict this major event, it now seems foolish on your part as to why you got on the ship in the first place.

Seems odd that nobody, not even you, were aware of the storm of the century. Why?

Fact is, NOBODY predicted that it would get as bad as it did.

Of course, the forecasters all hedge their forecast bets by saying "it might" or "it could" so they can all claim accuracy after the fact. They are all hacks.

Fact is, you did not make a poor decision by getting on the ship. Neither did the captain by sailing. The storm blossomed more than expected. The storm moves way faster than the ship. It's Nobody's fault. Its weather. It is unpredictable.

1000000% agreed !!

Because according to cruise critic rules there is no mention that I have to post it in a thread made just for Anthem. Cruise critics want us to make new threat otherwise that why is the option to create a new threat available?

I'm not understanding what a "new threat" is?

FOX News! Wow .... They are hardly likely to go for just the sensational aspect, after all they are part of the Murdoch empire. :eek:

I can just imagine the threads here if Anthem had delayed sailing and the storm had not escalated.

"I am stuck in Port and there is no reason we could not be cruising. This is the last cruise I do with RCI"

"Don't RCI realise their ships are built to sail in poor weather. My vacation is now ruined. The Captain should be sacked"

"I have been sailing for XX years and we have been through far worse. I remember back in .... <long irrelevant anecdote> .... so I cannot see why we did not sail."

"I am D+ and cannot believe they have delayed me. I did not even get a personal visit from the captain to ask my valued opinion. Royal now ignores the advice we give them. It's not like the good old days"

Then some others will point out that it was the safe thing to do, but they will get flamed for their opinions.

Sail or not sail. Either way ...... it's been fun. :D

My husband and I got off of the ship on Saturday. Our sailing was delayed by 1 day and our entire itinerary was changed from Western to Eastern Caribbean. Sure we were disappointed but better safe than sorry. This ship has a GREAT crew. I'm sure they are doing everything that they can to accommodate the passengers. It stinks that the Port of NJ can't get them in, in a timely fashion given that they knew the ship was headed back 2 days ago.

The problem with RCCL is not that they hit a storm or that there is damage to the ship. The problem is how poor their communication is or lack there of.

Edited by jul1221

Anthem in view from a webcam in NJ. I think it is the Anthem.

http://njbeachcams.com/northern-new-jersey/sea-bright-weather-beach-cam-and-surf-report

Webcam is panning from left to right. It is in the top left corner.

I see it too! MUST be Anthem.

But what I also see, is some WHACK NUT with a surfboard:eek::eek:

Who actually surfs in 30 degree weather?:eek:

Edited by KPfromCT

That is your opinion and I certainly respect that. I disagree with you and that is my opinion. The storm was predicted. It was upgraded to hurricane force. The captain and or the powers that be at RCCL either chose to out run it and got caught or chose to sail right into it. Passengers lives were put at risk. I just feel somebody needs to be held accountable for that. That's my opinion and that's what I keep getting blasted for.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but I think many people are just really exhausted with the frequency and fervor with which you have been expressing your opinion, many many many times in many many many threads over the last several days.

Give it a rest, your keyboard must be exhausted.

So easy to defend their actions and say they did everything right because no one was killed or severely injured. Many have no compassion, if you had been on that ship you would have felt a lot different. Since it didn't happen to you all is okay

I agree with you and I have no problem with fans of a certain cruise line, but these cheerleaders that defend no matter how much another person is terrified for their life makes me sick. Telling others they live in a plastic bubble because they do not want to be in a hurricane and even blaming God. Give me a break. If you choose to play in traffic then you suffer what might happen but don't take others with you.

Its not a dead horse. Its very much alive.... and RCCL needs to answer for why they put these people in harms way and have consequences. This is not OK! Be snarky all you want. You have not been affected by any of this, and you don't have lots of $$ invested for a sailing in a couple of weeks. I'm not looking forward to going on this beat up ship. They are going to do patch work to get it going by Saturday because god forbid they lose any more revenue because of it. If that captain is still on board I really do not want to go!

There are valid points being made. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean they are not warranted. Your posts are the annoying posts.

As someone who has also paid good money to go on the same cruise as you are I am not the least bit concerned. We will have our children with us and we will have a great time. I sincerely hope that we have the same captain knowing that he is able to handle whatever gets thrown his way. TBILL it would be incredibly helpful for many of us on these threads if you could post a photo of yourself so that we can all avoid your negative presence on the ship and enjoy our drama free vacation. Although I suppose if you don't I would only need to hang out at guest services for a day and I could probably guess who you are. God willing Royal Caribbean offers you a full refund on your cruise and we won't have to worry about it.

1. I'm not a troll.

2. For what reason would you hit the red triangle? I haven't called anyone names, insulted anyone. I simply comment with my take on the situation. Just because you don't agree does not mean I don't have the right to comment.

Tbill, looking forward to meeting you in person after you buy a round of drinks for our entire CC M&M party aboard Anthem in a few weeks. I would love to talk to you about your thoughts of the now sunk Seabreeze many years ago. Apparently our paths have crossed before.

As I said in the now locked thread......I now know that this ship IS sea worthy and the Captain is experienced. I will feel very safe on our upcoming cruise.

Safe travels to all still aboard and thank you so much for your posts. I posted a link to watch you come home.

nyharborwebcam.com

i just dont understand why people would think that Royal apart from putting lives in danger would also put one of their revenue generating properties at risk simply to keep an itinerary? they cancel ports and change itineraries for nothing more than a thunderstorm and now these whiners are posting from the Ship for help, what would you like the people on the internet to do? Take your free cruise and 50% off your next and call it quits already with these posts.

Wow....a light in the darkness...but alas, as Paul said, ya can't fix stupid....

Yes, can you believe those idiots at RCCL corporate deliberately put their 1 Billion dollar ship at risk and all the other billion dollar ships they put out there during hurrican season every year who have been dodging storms for years, just so we can all get our cruise on??? Shocking!!