Travel insurance does not cover cancellation of port-of-calls

WeiMin

I know you are correct, cruisemom, but don't like when I meet/read of people who take but don't give.

If they come here for their benefit, I suggest it would be a considerate thing to post a comment or two when they return from a cruise. I think it's something like 'passing it forward'. :)

I suppose there are takers in all aspects of our lives.

Edited by sail7seas

I know you are correct, cruisemom, but don't like when I meet/read of people who take but don't give.

If they come here for their benefit, I suggest it would be a considerate thing to post a comment or two when they return from a cruise. I think it's something like 'passing it forward'. :)

I suppose there are takers in all aspects of our lives.

Most I've met don't seem like "takers." Not everyone is a confident communicator via posting on a message board (i.e., they feel they don't write well). Some are terrified they'll get flamed out for posting anything. And a lot just feel they don't have much to add compared to the other posters they view as "experts".

You might be surprised how many people read these forums without ever posting (or sometimes without even registering) to get information.

I constantly run into people when cruising who use Cruise Critic to get info, but never have posted.

For me it's a reminder that I'm participating in a forum to help others and provide info, not to split hairs about others' opinions or push their buttons.

Great post!!! And good reminder :)

According to one of OP's post on another thread on the cancellation of the port, HAL gave the OP 10 free WiFi minutes to send emails and obtain phone number and a free ship to shore phone call.

There was no need for the trip insurance to reimburse services that were provided at no cost to the OP.

Most I've met don't seem like "takers." Not everyone is a confident communicator via posting on a message board (i.e., they feel they don't write well). Some are terrified they'll get flamed out for posting anything. And a lot just feel they don't have much to add compared to the other posters they view as "experts".

Very good points.

Though I find most people I have met on my cruises have never heard of Cruise Critic, and some who have were very negative about it.

You might be surprised how many people read these forums without ever posting (or sometimes without even registering) to get information.

I constantly run into people when cruising who use Cruise Critic to get info, but never have posted.

For me it's a reminder that I'm participating in a forum to help others and provide info, not to split hairs about others' opinions or push their buttons.

Great post! Particularly the last paragraph. There are a lot of us new to cruising looking for help and advice.

I don't think people not posting are "takers", many are private or shy people. There are so many regular and experienced cruisers on here so it's easy to feel like others can provide "better" advice

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

Exactly!!

Like-Button.png.e9fc17e34f28439daef90cbc2ff89e2e.png

Joanie

When you buy trip insurance the insurer has no idea whether, when you start purchasing excursions, you will be pre paying for a fifty dollar excursion or a two thousand dollar excursion. How would they factor such a variable into the premium when you pay for your cruise and buy your insurance?

I have a private excursion booked for our upcoming cruise for which I have paid a 50% down payment. If the ship can't make the port my assumption is that the situation is between me and the supplier. Until I saw this thread it never even occurred to me that one might consider cancellation insurance would cover such an event.

I would not expect HAL to provide me with free internet or phone calls either. The tour was not booked through them so they have no obligation to me for any aspect of the tour. It's my problem, if it occurs. I have cruised enough to realise that ports can be missed for a variety of reasons.