Hampton Inn Brickell "Elite Floor"

NayRN

I hate to start a new thread about this, but I couldn't find an answer when I searched here or on Google!

Does anyone know what the "Elite Floor" concept is at the Hampton Inn Brickell? Just wondering if it's worth an extra $30 a night! :confused:

These are the additional perks you get. You have to decide if this is worth it to you.

Keith

Elite Floor includes daily welcome drinks, Nespresso coffee machines, robes & slippers, in-room snacks and water, refrigerator & microwave oven, upgraded amenities, free premium WiFi access, extended late checkout plus an additional 1000 HHonors points per stay.

Thanks, Keith. I guess I'm just curious if it's a certain floor in the hotel. I pretty much get all the same perks with Hilton Honors. If it's a floor that needs key access from the elevator to get to, then it would be totally worth it! Not being a snob, just staying alone for two nights and always thinking of safety first!

And you know that area really well, so is anywhere I absolutely should avoid being alone? I'll be doing a lot of walking, especially to Publix for food (I'm not big on eating out, especially being there longer than a day). I know how to be "street smart" being from metro-Detroit, but I don't want to wander in the wrong direction if I can avoid it!

Thanks for always being so kind! You and Blueherons always step up to help! ;)

Edited by NayRN

Rene, hopefully someone will know about the floor. If not, might be a good idea to call the hotel.

Overall the area is fine. From the hotel making your way to the Publix and the other area of Mary Brickell will be fine and when you are out and about walking along Brickell will be very safe. Overall the area is fine and with each passing year is getting better.

Keith

Thanks, Keith. I guess I'm just curious if it's a certain floor in the hotel. I pretty much get all the same perks with Hilton Honors. If it's a floor that needs key access from the elevator to get to, then it would be totally worth it! Not being a snob, just staying alone for two nights and always thinking of safety first!

And you know that area really well, so is anywhere I absolutely should avoid being alone? I'll be doing a lot of walking, especially to Publix for food (I'm not big on eating out, especially being there longer than a day). I know how to be "street smart" being from metro-Detroit, but I don't want to wander in the wrong direction if I can avoid it!

Thanks for always being so kind! You and Blueherons always step up to help! ;)

The area here is just fine for you to be walking around. I live extremely close to the Hampton Inn as I'm out and about all the time without my husband. I also have a lot of single girlfriends who are out all the time. My one girlfriend is a bartender and would walk home (local) from River Oyster by herself.

At the bottom of the hotel is a bar called Batch that has the whole front open so people will be out t on the street all the time.

I would tend to stay on the S. Miami ave side at night which would have you making a right when you get outside of the hotel. There won't be as much foot traffic at night the other way.

As far a food to grab, you will have more than Publix. There is a sandwich shop and chinese restaurant called 3 chefs at the bottom of your building and they all do take out. Right around the corner is also a great place called My Ceviche http://www.myceviche.com. You can order online and walk around the corner and pick it up. Piola is also right there and they also do take out.

You will be just fine in the Brickell area.

The area here is just fine for you to be walking around. I live extremely close to the Hampton Inn as I'm out and about all the time without my husband. I also have a lot of single girlfriends who are out all the time. My one girlfriend is a bartender and would walk home (local) from River Oyster by herself.

At the bottom of the hotel is a bar called Batch that has the whole front open so people will be out t on the street all the time.

I would tend to stay on the S. Miami ave side at night which would have you making a right when you get outside of the hotel. There won't be as much foot traffic at night the other way.

As far a food to grab, you will have more than Publix. There is a sandwich shop and chinese restaurant called 3 chefs at the bottom of your building and they all do take out. Right around the corner is also a great place called My Ceviche http://www.myceviche.com. You can order online and walk around the corner and pick it up. Piola is also right there and they also do take out.

You will be just fine in the Brickell area.

Thanks! This made me feel better!

Just heard back from Hilton/Hampton Inn...

The "Elite" floors are the top two of the hotel......I guess that gives a better view?! But the majority of the other perks that come with the Elite Floor....I also receive with being a Hilton Honors member. I don't think it's worth and extra $30-50/night just to be in the highest floors!!

Just heard back from Hilton/Hampton Inn...

The "Elite" floors are the top two of the hotel......I guess that gives a better view?! But the majority of the other perks that come with the Elite Floor....I also receive with being a Hilton Honors member. I don't think it's worth and extra $30-50/night just to be in the highest floors!!

I would agree. This hotel has good security with everyone needing a room card to use the elevator. Too the lower floors are garage areas. So you are already up a bit. We were on the 10th floor, not an elite floor. I can't honestly tell you what our view was. Guess it was nothing special. But we weren't staying there to sit in our room. The art work around the hotel is cool. Breakfast area nice.

As a HH member we got vouchers for a free drink (didn't use), and a couple snacks (i.e. soda, candy, pretzels etc).Can't think of anything else.

DH has already asked me to book it again for next Jan. He liked the area as a change from the immediate downtown port area where we usually stay.