Texas Liquor Law - Locked minibar if emptied?

oregonian123

Hi, we will have the contents of our minibar removed by the cabin steward on the first day in order to store medicines, and some juice and soda we bring onboard.

Does anyone know if the cabin steward will need to lock it on the last night if if doesn't have any beer or wine in it?

Thanks.

Hi, we will have the contents of our minibar removed by the cabin steward on the first day in order to store medicines, and some juice and soda we bring onboard.

Does anyone know if the cabin steward will need to lock it on the last night if if doesn't have any beer or wine in it?

Thanks.

Only time we have ever had our mini-refrigerator locked was on a Cruise to Nowhere. I always leave my eye drops in the frig until we are leaving the cabin/suite on the last day since they need to be refrigerated.

We happened to leave our "do not disturb" sign on during the last night while we were packing, since there were items all over the cabin in various stages of sorting and packing. We had the minibar emptied at the beginning of the cruise, but still had bottles of water in there on the last evening. The room steward did not come in to room at all while the sign was illuminated.

Thank you, everyone, for your quick replies.

We will also be on the Jade, and based on your experiences, it sounds like it is not mandatory to have it restocked and locked that last night.

I will plan on keeping the medication in there till we leave in the morning.

I might also remind our cabin steward that I will be doing that.

Speak with your steward during your cruise and explain you have medication stored in there and it cannot be locked until you leave the ship. Remind him just before last day of your cruise. You cannot be the only guests on board who have stored diabetic supplies/medications in the mini-bar.

Edited by sail7seas

Legally, the minibar needs to be locked if reloaded before the ship ports in Houston and technically cannot be restocked while ported which is why they try to do it night prior. But as noted, the stewards can usually arrange for a delay (unless they expect an inspection or compliance audit in the AM. which is very rare)

Legally, the minibar needs to be locked if reloaded before the ship ports in Houston and technically cannot be restocked while ported which is why they try to do it night prior. But as noted, the stewards can usually arrange for a delay (unless they expect an inspection or compliance audit in the AM. which is very rare)

Thank you again to everyone who responded. With all of your help, I now have a plan. Happy Cruising.