"LIVE" from the Brilliance of the Seas 2/18 and 2/22 BTB

niksmom630

Hi there! So glad you did this, I leave on BOTS this Thursday and couldn't be more excited. Do you have any of the Cruise Compasses you could share from the 4-night itinerary?

Thanks!

ZM

I too would like to see 4 day Compasses if you have them.

No you are not. I would never let my drink float in the human soup of a cruise ship pool. However, I am going to look for them on Allure, to bring home to use in our pool this summer.:D

Oh Andrew! I am really looking forward to meeting you and Lisa in November! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I literally lost my mouthful of wine laughing when I read this post. GREAT minds think alike....I passed on purchasing these when I saw them on Brilliance but in retrospect I think these would be useful in a proper body of water (like our backyard pool) , as retrofitted. [emoji4] if you find them on Allure, please pick up a few extra for me! I'll pay any shipping and transit costs...

Until then, I'll look forward to your live review in a few weeks. Since Michael will likely be posting his LIVE blog the same week, perhaps you and I can do the same in November? Might make for a fun week on CC!

1F5DEA96-A1D0-4E20-A3FC-090854B55BA9_zpsnynmt1xw.jpg

When life gives you lemons....make lemonade and maybe add some tequila...

Oh Andrew! I am really looking forward to meeting you and Lisa in November! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I literally lost my mouthful of wine laughing when I read this post. GREAT minds think alike....I passed on purchasing these when I saw them on Brilliance but in retrospect I think these would be useful in a proper body of water (like our backyard pool) , as retrofitted. [emoji4] if you find them on Allure, please pick up a few extra for me! I'll pay any shipping and transit costs...

Until then, I'll look forward to your live review in a few weeks. Since Michael will likely be posting his LIVE blog the same week, perhaps you and I can do the same in November? Might make for a fun week on CC!

Gladly. I will keep my eyes posted for them and if they are available how many would you like, 2 or 4? Sounds like I might owe you a glass of wine as well. You must might want to keep some wipes near by in a few weeks. My plan is to owe you a bottle by the end of my live review.

As for my review I have the preamble typed up and ready to go. Sorry, I was an English Lit major at University. I still have a few grammatical things to clean up and a few photos to resize on photbucket. Once the original ones are posted I will use the CC mobile app to post along with a photo adjustment app for resizing. I even bought a selfie stick to make things easier. Lisa teased me asking why didn't I get one in Rome is May? I replied it would have broke the same day if not the next. I will go live on Friday the 11th. I have a suspicion my review might not be like Michael's or yours ;) so having a few threads run at one time should not be a problem. :)

I am toying with two thread names right now. 1) Live from Allure March 13-27-- Is there any port left? 2) Live from Allure March 13-27 -- I Like Big Beams, and I can not Lie. Yes, you got it, a word play on Sir Mix a Lots song "Baby Got Back". However, Lisa makes a good point as not everyone would get the word play on "beam" relating to the extra width of the Oasis Class Ship. Needless to say, I have a bit of time to finish the thread title. Any port left still had a nautical pun, but I think I may get be able to come up with something better. A witty, catchy title is always great to have.

As for the photo, I am assuming you are surrounded by your daughters in the second row, and your DH is right behind you with the camo hat or possibly the gent to his left with the sunglasses on his head?

Gladly. I will keep my eyes posted for them and if they are available how many would you like, 2 or 4? Sounds like I might owe you a glass of wine as well. You must might want to keep some wipes near by in a few weeks. My plan is to owe you a bottle by the end of my live review.

As for my review I have the preamble typed up and ready to go. Sorry, I was an English Lit major at University. I still have a few grammatical things to clean up and a few photos to resize on photbucket. Once the original ones are posted I will use the CC mobile app to post along with a photo adjustment app for resizing. I even bought a selfie stick to make things easier. Lisa teased me asking why didn't I get one in Rome is May? I replied it would have broke the same day if not the next. I will go live on Friday the 11th. I have a suspicion my review might not be like Michael's or yours ;) so having a few threads run at one time should not be a problem. :)

I am toying with two thread names right now. 1) Live from Allure March 13-27-- Is there any port left? 2) Live from Allure March 13-27 -- I Like Big Beams, and I can not Lie. Yes, you got it, a word play on Sir Mix a Lots song "Baby Got Back". However, Lisa makes a good point as not everyone would get the word play on "beam" relating to the extra width of the Oasis Class Ship. Needless to say, I have a bit of time to finish the thread title. Any port left still had a nautical pun, but I think I may get be able to come up with something better. A witty, catchy title is always great to have.

As for the photo, I am assuming you are surrounded by your daughters in the second row, and your DH is right behind you with the camo hat or possibly the gent to his left with the sunglasses on his head?

I'll be sure to stock up with a few magnum bottles before your review begins 🍷🍷😂 as for the drink floaties, I would appreciate 4 if you can find them!

With respect to the photo, you are correct! I am the "vertically challenged" one in the middle, flanked by my two daughters....DH is directly behind me. I now notice the selfie stick photos do nothing to enhance my stature....😎

Finally all caught up. Great job Chris.

Thanks, Tim! Hopping over to the NCL board now to catch up with yours now--I'm sure it won't disappoint!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

for the review and photos, loved following along with you.....K.O.:)

Final post and photo......

To those of you who asked for the Compasses... Sorry-I did not save them for these sailings....☹️

I really enjoyed our sailing(s) on the Brilliance. The B2B experience was great fun....particularly on the final night of the first sailing when you realize your cruise is only half over. Yay, me!

Having the same cabin for both legs was optimal- I would highly recommend attempting to secure it if at all possible. DSIL had to change cabins on the second sailing, which required some packing and unpacking...it was also nice to have the same cabin attendant for both sailings...

I'm a big fan of the Radiance class vessels...smaller and more intimate, lots of natural light and glass. DH, on the other hand was wowed by Oasis class, and now tells me he doesn't want to sail anything smaller than Voyager class. As that still gives me a multitude of choices, it's a burden I'm willing to bear! 😊

Our next sailing will be November 12th on the Harmony's "first" 7 day sailing from Fort Lauderdale, followed by an 8 night sailing on the Freedom next February....so I guess this means good bye to Brilliance of the Seas for awhile...."until we meet again"

Chris

57B9186A-B47B-46B5-B197-0A8DFF464B6E_zpsxmeqm8nt.jpg

Great pics and review! I was on the 2nd cruise of your B2B......have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as any cruise before due to the large group that was on board. I found it affected the vibe of the whole ship and cruise.

I still enjoyed my cruise overall and love the Brilliance as a ship, just didn't have the fun vibe I experienced on my previous 8 cruises with Royal including on this ship last year.

Missing Cayman was a downer as was a major reason for booking this cruise..I had done Cozumel and the ship before but still booked for the Cayman stop......

Edited by monctonguy

Hi there! So glad you did this, I leave on BOTS this Thursday and couldn't be more excited. Do you have any of the Cruise Compasses you could share from the 4-night itinerary?

Thanks!

ZM

Have a great time this week. I would love to see that compass when you get back. Are you sailing with kids?

I'll be sure to stock up with a few magnum bottles before your review begins as for the drink floaties, I would appreciate 4 if you can find them!

With respect to the photo, you are correct! I am the "vertically challenged" one in the middle, flanked by my two daughters....DH is directly behind me. I now notice the selfie stick photos do nothing to enhance my stature....

I will look for 4 for you and for us as well. I can't help you regarding the height concerns but if it makes you feel better you got a great looking family.:)

As for my review, if it isn't funny just have a little more vino. It should get better. See you on our Harmony Roll Call.

EDIT: remember good things come in small packages.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Great pics and review! I was on the 2nd cruise of your B2B......have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as any cruise before due to the large group that was on board. I found it affected the vibe of the whole ship and cruise.

I still enjoyed my cruise overall and love the Brilliance as a ship, just didn't have the fun vibe I experienced on my previous 8 cruises with Royal including on this ship last year.

Missing Cayman was a downer as was a major reason for booking this cruise..I had done Cozumel and the ship before but still booked for the Cayman stop......

Yes, the large group being "Apostolic's at Sea" I assume? If anything, I found it to be a welcome reprieve following the 4 day party sailing. The bars and pool were less crowded. We also had a large Bluegrass group, along with Emmi Sunshine and her whole entourage. I met a few of them. Nice people!

I was also bummed about missing Grand Cayman. For all practical purposes, we only had three ports in 9 nights, which included Tampa on turnaround day. So I technically only got off the ship once, unless you count my walk off thru customs in Tampa.

I will look for 4 for you and for us as well. I can't help you regarding the height concerns but if it makes you feel better you got a great looking family.:)

As for my review, if it isn't funny just have a little more vino. It should get better. See you on our Harmony Roll Call.

EDIT: remember good things come in small packages.

I'm already prepared with the vino, and yes, good things do come in small packages...unless it's a $2600 Zip drive [emoji23]

Did they offer the Punch card for Drinks or just the Drink packages. I am not a big drinker but do on occasion like a cocktail.

No, sorry. No punch cards offered on either sailing. I purchased the drink package. Whether it's a good value or not, all depends on your drinking patterns. I would have 2 frozen beverages during the day, typically. That's $28 including gratuity right there. At least 4-5 bottles of water adds an extra $10. Then in the evenings maybe three glasses of wine, or a few beers thru dinner and into the evening. Although there are three free beverages for C & A Diamond and above members, that window of time isn't when I am drinking....and you can't use them in the MDR....

Have a great time this week. I would love to see that compass when you get back. Are you sailing with kids?

I am not sailing with kids, but will definitely hold onto the compasses and share post-cruise.

ZM

I couldn't figure out how to upload them. But the 4-day Compass from the Mar 3 sailing are posted at royal caribbean blog.com

Thanks for sharing that. I usually save the compasses and upload them at the end of my review, but I completely forgot about them this cruise! [emoji51]

That is a gorgeous family photograph. I'm sure any mum/grandma would be delighted with it.

You have written a great review. I'm not travelling anytime soon, but sure enjoyed holidaying alongside you all.

:)

Thank you! I think my mother in law will appreciate the photo....😊😊 its either this shot, or the "welcome to Nachi Cocum" photo of us all wearing sombreros...😂

Really enjoyed this review. Don't know much about RCI but you definitely make me want to give it a try :D. Thanks for taking the time to write it up and post it :).

Glad you enjoyed it! I've been happy with my experiences sailing Royal Caribbean for the last 20 years, but I do wander over to the other cruise line boards on occasion to check out other reviews. 😉 a few of them have made me want to stray and try another line.....someday!

• 2 weeks later...

Starting the review from the top! (Again) I leave on my B2B this Saturday! I'll be doing 3 ship tours on Periscope if you are missing her. Follow along!

Saturday- 1:00ish

Sunday- 4:00ish (key west)

Thursday - 9:00am (turn over day 3/31)

User name: Mpoole3

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the review! It was nice to see pics of the ship I'll be on in 103 days!! :)

I'd heard a lot about Nachi and had thought about it for if I ever do a cruise that goes there, but... Did I see that right on the menu that FRENCH FRIES were $22????? Are they delivered on a gold plate and hand fed to you?? I cannot imagine what would possibly make french fries cost $22!!

Thanks for the review! It was nice to see pics of the ship I'll be on in 103 days!! :)

I'd heard a lot about Nachi and had thought about it for if I ever do a cruise that goes there, but... Did I see that right on the menu that FRENCH FRIES were $22????? Are they delivered on a gold plate and hand fed to you?? I cannot imagine what would possibly make french fries cost $22!!

Nachi is all inclusive for $55pp, I've never understood why they have prices on their menu anyways. But those prices are in Mexican peso's, so like $2. I'll be going to Nachi twice next week on my b2b!