Royal Regular Retreats to NCL - Feb. 20, 2016 "Live" ESCAPE Review

Yorkvillain

It's tapas, and yes, you can make a meal of it; we did. It is a "small" menu, but plenty of variety. We tried several things and all was very good. Things we liked more than others. We both thought the lamb was excellent. I liked it better than Food Republic. I am assuming we got an "off" night at FR. I say that because of the several good reviews I have read.

Loved the Paloma cocktail there!

We ate outside .....the service and weather were perfect. One of the few food places I left an additional tip.

Thanks. We will check it out on our cruise. Reading the live reviews really puts you in the mood for an awesome time. March 5th here I come!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

Did you make it to the Glow Party?

I think I see a glow stick remnant in the Toga photo. Not sure I'm thrilled about the M/F ratio (7 to 1??) in that shot!

Never made it. And never used the beeds I bought for sailaway. In the garbage they go.

4637b0a631ec1221fd611386a2ea685e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Yorkvillain

Did I see that right? 5 ships in port at Nassau? :mad:

BTW, thanks for a great review.

My pleasure. Yup, 5 ships. As long as the passengers on the other 4 ships can't go in the Grotto, I'm fine with it.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Since I have never done NCL and always Royal or Princess, whats the TV stations like? at night when we settle down the news or a comedy is how we unwind with our son, Royal has by far the worst, whats it like there???

Also the ice cream machine in the café is it ice milk or creamy soft serve??

Thank you for your review I'm looking forward to ours in Oct

This review was great Thanks for sharing I will be traveling in April on the escape and was wondering if you knew what day the beef wellington was served. Are kids aloud to swim that the main pool the photos I saw looks like there are no kids My daughter is 10 so the kid pool will be to small

Dinner at Cagney's tonight was the worst experience of my life. Service was slow and the food was disgusting. They gave me chicken fingers when I ordered a filet. The air conditioning was broken. The ice machine didn't work so all the drinks were warm. There were no tables so we had to sit on the floor. The waiter told me I was ugly and that I was going nowhere in life. There was a bowl of bananas next to the ketchup and mayo! Who does that?? This is officially my last cruise ever.

You believe me right? Good.

Dinner was fantastic! Photos to follow.

:eek: You had me scared until you got the part of no tables. I should have known from chicken fingers - although my first thought was they brought you a kids meal from the main dining room by mistake. LOL!!

Edited by Lady Anna & Sir Troy

This review was great Thanks for sharing I will be traveling in April on the escape and was wondering if you knew what day the beef wellington was served. Are kids aloud to swim that the main pool the photos I saw looks like there are no kids My daughter is 10 so the kid pool will be to small

They have a great pool for the kids under the watersides. Take a look at some of the photos people have taken, full pool with lots of shade!

Yorkvillian, even though Del Rio fought the alligators and won, I'm not sure if he can handle the mean streets of NYC. I know you saved him from the isles of Dollar Tree as a resue rat, but the kindest thing to do might be leave him where the weather is always warm.

I think Del Rio should stowaway on a top shelf corner or between the couch cushions and surprise the next guests that stay in your cabin. I am sure he'd be willing to stay. Perhaps, he needs a little note with him stating his name and "occupation" and he can live vicariously through others for future sailings.

Imagine now, the one post wonders that will come to the NCL CC boards to post about the rat, I mean Del Rio;), that surprised them in their cabin ruining their cruise. Following that, would be their need for financial compensation for mental stress. Del Rio could continually sail Escape like legendary Oasis Gnomes of Central Park.

EDIT: I am sure you don't want to get off the ship. However, I think it is wiser to hide Del Rio VS you the in couch to surprise the next guests in your cabin.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Updated garbage can photo. Prettiest pile of rubbish I have ever seen if I do say so myself.

7748f1384a150d075edfcd163aa0a359.jpg

Geez. How are you going to give them anything to complain about if you make even your garbage pretty?

Edited by Lady Anna & Sir Troy

Since I have never done NCL and always Royal or Princess, whats the TV stations like? at night when we settle down the news or a comedy is how we unwind with our son, Royal has by far the worst, whats it like there???

Also the ice cream machine in the café is it ice milk or creamy soft serve??

Thank you for your review I'm looking forward to ours in Oct

I don't think we had the TV on more than thirty minutes total for the trip but from what we saw I would saw there are even less channels on this ship.

Several soft serve stations in Garden Cafe:

6c6f5207dd150d80f5f0f11e6b9e5549.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain