WOW sale is back

nyc12345

From 2/20-2/24, supposedly it is combinable with the 30% off, but we know RCCL likes to jack up the price with any sale/OBC promo...:D

That's very interesting. I booked a solo cruise on Tuesday and as of today the fare increased by $100, so looks like you're right about raising prices to offset the promo.

It would be interesting to take a snapshot of the current prices with promotions, then compare them to the upcoming WOW sale when it goes live.

I don't know if it is just a gimmick or a real sale.

I do wonder if the Zika virus will cause enough concern that they will have to drop prices for Caribbean-bound trips.

How did everyone gear about this WOW sale that will start on 2/20/16? I am a Crown and Anchor member (almost at platinum). Am I not high enough on the rewards ladder?

Thanks,

Joe

It would be interesting to take a snapshot of the current prices with promotions, then compare them to the upcoming WOW sale when it goes live.

I don't know if it is just a gimmick or a real sale.

I do wonder if the Zika virus will cause enough concern that they will have to drop prices for Caribbean-bound trips.

The Anthem of the Seas has cost RCI a ton of money, so time to increase cruise costs. After, lets have a sale! Makes business sense!

They are currently running a 30% off every guest, every ship for Caribbean, Europe and Alaska (from 2/16-4/3). Are they adding OBC and reduced deposit? I rebooked my current cruise on Monday. Cruise price went down but I lost $100 OBC. Already had reduced deposit. Are WOW sales usually only for *specific* sailings/ships or do all apply? Just wondering if I need to rebook again in a few days. ;)

Yes, they are adding OBC and reduced deposit to current 30% off sale. But just for 5 days. So you can probably call to see if you can get OBC added[emoji4]

Somehow I have the suspicion that it will come with the words NEW BOOKINGS ONLY attached to it.

That way in order to get the OBC back from those who benefited from the 30% sale but lost their OBC, they will now have to pay an increased cruise price that may be higher than what they originally had to begin with. It's RCI math 101. Make them think your getting a deal when your not.

How did everyone gear about this WOW sale that will start on 2/20/16? I am a Crown and Anchor member (almost at platinum). Am I not high enough on the rewards ladder?

Thanks,

Joe

You have to plead & beg, send lots of emails and letters, call every day for two weeks straight and sacrifice a Carnival warm chocolate melting cake and then maybe, if the IT people don't screw it up, then you will get the emails, sometimes.

Edited by Cuizer2

So some people have received news of this promotion through the RCI marketing e-mails? I have not received it. Is RCI (randomly? systematically?) selective in who from their massive mailing list gets notification of the promos?

The most recent RCI marketing e-mail I received was dated February 5, subject "Top Tips for the Best Adventures". The headlining item was "The Seeker's Guide, Volume 3". The one prior was dated January 28, "5 Fun Things To Do Onboard".

I think I am receiving their e-mails with regularity, as I usually receive a few each month.

So some people have received news of this promotion through the RCI marketing e-mails? I have not received it. Is RCI (randomly? systematically?) selective in who from their massive mailing list gets notification of the promos?...

From past experience, I would say Royal is unintentionally random with their email. I periodically get non-sensical emails, such as asking me to book excursions on a cruise I don't have booked.

Already found a catch in the fine print. Let's see how this all shakes out.

For the current 30% off promo it was and is combinable with your C&A balcony discount, and many others.

For the WOW sale, it is NOT combinable.

I was just looking at a booking on Allure - my C&A discount would be $226. So basically, I could get that or a $200 OBC it seems (if they even give that much OBC since I would be solo in the cabin).

:rolleyes:

From past experience, I would say Royal is unintentionally random with their email. I periodically get non-sensical emails, such as asking me to book excursions on a cruise I don't have booked.

I had several months of anxiety last year when I booked the surprise anniversary cruise on Enchantment. I updated my wife's e-mail address to mine everywhere I could find it on RCI's web site and also called them to update anything they had in their records, but was nervous that it got missed somewhere.

Thankfully she never found out about the surprise until my reveal :) But every time another one of those "add your beverage package!" or "book your excursions!" e-mails came through to me, my heart skipped a beat, wondering if she got a copy of it too.

Strangely, even though I haven't changed any of the e-mail addresses back on the web site, she has started getting them again (either after Enchantment or after Grandeur, I'm not sure).

So I think you're right, RCI is all over the place when it comes to...well, everything ;)