Cruise Critic Community
nyc12345

WOW sale is back

Starts 2/20 and ends 2/24; 50% off deposit, 30% off each guest, and up to $200 OBC

Does the sale extend to Australia, I haven't seen any emails or advertising here yet.

WOW sale February 20-24, 2016.

Up to $200 onboard credit

Cruises 5-nights or less: $50

Cruises 6-9 nights: $100

Cruises 10-nights or longer $200

50% Reduced deposit

Combinable with 30% off every guest, every ship offer

Lots of other junk mail from RCI, nothing on this sale though.

Doesn't really matter, until they roll the schedule forward I am out of windows to book in and the pricing is so much higher its not worth checking for "reprices" anymore. The 30% sale lowered the cost of my cruise $40, leaving it just over $1100 higher than when I booked it this time last year and its still over 9 months out .... no way I can talk any friends/family into joining us at these prices :(

From past experience, I would say Royal is unintentionally random with their email. I periodically get non-sensical emails, such as asking me to book excursions on a cruise I don't have booked.

It makes perfect sense. After the excursion becomes sold out RCI then sells space only to people who have about zero chance of actually showing up.;)

I still think booking as early as possible is your best bet. The price seems to steadily go up as they introduce these so called "promotions". My plan book early and then watch the promotions to see if a price reduction actually occurs.

I managed to get a stateroom yesterday morning for the 12 night Hawaii sailing next May and within 24 hours has gone up 200+ dollars Canadian. Book early and book often that's my new motto

OK k have a question I just book a cruise yesterday , all cabins now show sold out in that category, so I'm sure the WOW sale is for new booking only , so could I cancel and re book over the phone so not to lose my room and get the OBC , would the cabin price change , since there are none available

I managed to get a stateroom yesterday morning for the 12 night Hawaii sailing next May and within 24 hours has gone up 200+ dollars Canadian. Book early and book often that's my new motto

Booking early generally only works when it is the earliest you can book that particular cruise, otherwise it is book last minute however then you have not much say in what cabin you can get.:D

OK k have a question I just book a cruise yesterday , all cabins now show sold out in that category, so I'm sure the WOW sale is for new booking only , so could I cancel and re book over the phone so not to lose my room and get the OBC , would the cabin price change , since there are none available

The stateroom price won't show up if that category is sold out. Don't cancel, because you could lose the booking.

Keep checking- one could open up at any time. Someone asked that same question a few days ago and within hours from them posting a cabin did open up in their category so they were able to get the adjustment

But wait there's more! If you book right now, you will get a second room absolutely free! That's two for the price of one! (Just pay a separate processing and handling fee of $5,000)

very funny. LOL

I have always booked far in advance. We have possibility of taking reposition Jewel from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome. Leaves 4/28 and has several suites available. Any suggestions on working a great deal.

Thanks

Kinda what I thought , not worth the risk for the money

Just call to get $200 OBC when WOW sale starts tomorrow. More likely you will get it under your current reservation. Nothing to lose for asking.

I have always booked far in advance. We have possibility of taking reposition Jewel from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome. Leaves 4/28 and has several suites available. Any suggestions on working a great deal.

Thanks

Wait until tomorrow to book as there is a WOW sale starting.

what is a WOW sale?

It's just RCI's marketing-speak, because they talk about providing the "WOW" factor or experience. So it's ostensibly one of their best sale promotions.

Also, when a crew member provides you exceptional service that you want to recognize, there are "WOW" cards that you fill out and provide to that crew member (this apparently counts highly in supervisors recognizing their service). The tip envelopes you get at the end of the cruise for additional cash gratuities are also part of the "WOW" recognition you can give to a crew member.

what is a WOW sale?

I think it's the current 30 off with the additional of onboard credit and discounted deposits. Probably not combinable with C&A discounts.

Thanks

We are booked on May 13 th cruise on Jewel and prices dropped on the larger suites on our sailing recently. Your TA cruise is within final payment, so you wouldn't be able to adjust price if it will drop after your booking. Two bedroom suite (fits up to 9 guests) on our sailing is less than $2,700 pp. It is more expensive on TA cruise.

It is just a term to get people excited and booking cruises before they realise that the prices actually went up 10% from last week but now they get $300 OBC or something like that.

I have an app that monitors my two current booked cruises. Every time a sale starts, I get an email that the price has gone up LOL