WOW sale is back

nyc12345

This sale was a big gimmick for us. We booked on the 18th when the 30% off sale first began. Then on Friday the 19th my sister was going to book the same category about 2 cabins down and the price had gone up $100. She called and informed and when I checked sure enough she was right. The following day (Sat) I read on here about the Wow sale and went and checked. Sure enough at 9 AM the cruise was still $100 more and $100 onboard credit so it was virtually a wash.

I called my sister and she was excited and said she would book when she got home. At 2pm when she went online to book the cruise went up another $123. So now even with the onboard credit it would be $123 higher than when I booked 2 days earlier. She didn't book. The cruise is in 2017 and I told her to just wait. It will go back down again when the sale ends or sometime soon I'm sure.

Just a shame that Royal offers these big WOW sales only to somewhat deceive it's loyal customers into thinking it's a great deal.

Glad I booked when I did.

For me cruise prices fluctuate depending on supply and demand just like airline and hotel rooms.

I monitor prices, have come to know what is a fair price, what is a really good deal and what is excessive. So it doesn't matter what prices RCI quote. I book when the price seems right to me.

There are several online TAs in the UK I use as a resource to check prices. I am sure it is just as easy in other countries.

HI All,

My dh & I 30th wedding anniversary is in 2017. I wanted to do something very special like take the Anthem out of New Jersey. I wanted to try this bigger ship with its bigger features just because; however my husband thinks that it will be a lot of hassles with so many people. He feels with the amount of people it will take the enjoyment of cruising out of it and ruin our anniversary. We were on the Freedom when she had a storm incident like the Anthem. The Freedom was bearable for him with the amount of people on it. My question for those of you who have done both the freedom and anthem, what was the difference, could you notice the increase in the crowds, was it really crowded to get off and on the ship, go to the shows, catch the elevators, go to the buffett. What is the general age group, were there a lot of children. Are the extra amenities worth the amount of people and cost of the cruise. I need honest input. My husband is willing to take the Granduer out of Baltimore that is doing the same itinerary but we have done the Granduer 5 times.

Thank you.

HI All,

My dh & I 30th wedding anniversary is in 2017. I wanted to do something very special like take the Anthem out of New Jersey. I wanted to try this bigger ship with its bigger features just because; however my husband thinks that it will be a lot of hassles with so many people. He feels with the amount of people it will take the enjoyment of cruising out of it and ruin our anniversary. We were on the Freedom when she had a storm incident like the Anthem. The Freedom was bearable for him with the amount of people on it. My question for those of you who have done both the freedom and anthem, what was the difference, could you notice the increase in the crowds, was it really crowded to get off and on the ship, go to the shows, catch the elevators, go to the buffett. What is the general age group, were there a lot of children. Are the extra amenities worth the amount of people and cost of the cruise. I need honest input. My husband is willing to take the Granduer out of Baltimore that is doing the same itinerary but we have done the Granduer 5 times.

Thank you.

Freedom carries more pax, so in a similar situation would take the big ship with less people which would be the quantum class ship. If you've never sailed this class it is a must at least once.

Freedom carries more pax, so in a similar situation would take the big ship with less people which would be the quantum class ship. If you've never sailed this class it is a must at least once.

Anthem has a max capacity of 4905 guests, Freedom has a max capacity of 4515 guests.

HI All,

Thank you.

The freedom and the anthem are virtually the same size of a vessel I believe freedom holds about 3700 passengers and anthem 4100. Not a huge difference in size but anthem is new and shinny and packed to the top with leading edge technology. If you prefer the traditional royal Caribbean style of cruising stick with freedom class if you want a bit more causal cruise I.e the ability to dine in different restaurants when you like, multiple venues for shows then give the anthem a go she is a beautiful vessel!

Anthem has a max capacity of 4905 guests, Freedom has a max capacity of 4515 guests.

Hmm I had quickly went to cruise critic professional reviews and scrolled down for pass numbers anthem showed 4180 and freedom 4515 so I trusted that instead of flipping over to Royal site My bad [emoji1] good catch Bob

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hmm I had quickly went to cruise critic professional reviews and scrolled down for pass numbers anthem showed 4180 and freedom 4515 so I trusted that instead of flipping over to Royal site My bad [emoji1] good catch Bob

Apples and oranges.

Those figures are max capacity for Freedom and double occupancy for Anthem.

Double occupancy for Freedom is 3782.

So about 400 more guests on Anthem.

I'm sure it's been said before...cruise pricing changes all the time. If you don't like the price, don't book it. They're not obligated to make the price attractive to you. Despite any arguments to the contrary, I don't think anyone needs to cruise to survive ;)

I have a range I'm willing to pay per passenger, per night on a cruise. It's probably WAY lower than for most people in this community. But I am finding I can still cruise about once per year. I'm happy with that!

I booked under BOGOHO, got a slightly lower price under 30% off but lost $50 OBC, and now with the WOW sale, maintained my 30% off price and got $100 OBC. Ahead by $143 and only had to send 2 e-mails to my TA. Others have done much better, coming out several hundred dollars ahead. If you already got a great deal, it's unreasonable to expect an even better deal (if you find one, great, but don't be disappointed if you don't).

So, if anyone is truly unhappy with things as they are...first-world problems?

I'm sure it's been said before...cruise pricing changes all the time. If you don't like the price, don't book it. They're not obligated to make the price attractive to you. Despite any arguments to the contrary, I don't think anyone needs to cruise to survive ;)

I have a range I'm willing to pay per passenger, per night on a cruise. It's probably WAY lower than for most people in this community. But I am finding I can still cruise about once per year. I'm happy with that!

I booked under BOGOHO, got a slightly lower price under 30% off but lost $50 OBC, and now with the WOW sale, maintained my 30% off price and got $100 OBC. Ahead by $143 and only had to send 2 e-mails to my TA. Others have done much better, coming out several hundred dollars ahead. If you already got a great deal, it's unreasonable to expect an even better deal (if you find one, great, but don't be disappointed if you don't).

Like%20button%20stamp_zpszu5gskcb.jpg

Well said

I was able to save an additional $309 on anthem in August. The base fare had dropped and instead of $100 CAS balc discount , I got a $112 CAS discount. So I don't think it was related to this sale, but I checked and called cause I saw this sale. I didn't have any OBC and didn't get any either.

I was able to save an additional $309 on anthem in August. The base fare had dropped and instead of $100 CAS balc discount , I got a $112 CAS discount. So I don't think it was related to this sale, but I checked and called cause I saw this sale. I didn't have any OBC and didn't get any either.

The current WOW sale (excerpt of T&Cs):

"Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates, Shareholder Benefits, and Crown & Anchor Discount programs or rates."

I believe this is why you didn't get OBC.

Sometimes you can get a better deal by forgoing the C&A discount and taking advantage of whatever the current promotion is...

WOW sale February 20-24, 2016.

Up to $200 onboard credit

Cruises 5-nights or less: $50

Cruises 6-9 nights: $100

Cruises 10-nights or longer $200

50% Reduced deposit

Combinable with 30% off every guest, every ship offer

Am I able to get a price adjustment on a currently booked room with this deal ? Are TA got us a slight adjustment but we lost out OBC. Is this correct ?

"Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates, Shareholder Benefits, and Crown & Anchor Discount programs or rates."

Sometimes you can get a better deal by forgoing the C&A discount and taking advantage of whatever the current promotion is...

I just priced without C&A discount and I would get $100 OBC but pay $123 more, so it was better to take the discount.

I just priced without C&A discount and I would get $100 OBC but pay $123 more, so it was better to take the discount.

Booked Sunday through our T/A In the long run we saved $200 and could use C&A balcony discount. Plus she gave us $50 OBC and wine....win win...cheaper the other way. Also noticed the price went UP 2 hours after we booked. Some sales are just not sales..They jack up the price so you "think" you are getting some deal! Besides, if the prices lowers on the WOW sale, you will loose the OBC....With our T/A we would not lose anything, but gain a few $ off final...

Just saying!

What does it mean: Travel agent offer or promotion? Does that mean if you are a travel agent or if you book through a travel agent and they give you additional OBC or goodies like free specialty dinners or soda packages?

What does it mean: Travel agent offer or promotion? Does that mean if you are a travel agent or if you book through a travel agent and they give you additional OBC or goodies like free specialty dinners or soda packages?

It means the promo cannot be used with special rates that travel agents get when they themselves cruise. Does not mean that you can't use a travel agent.