The Upsell Fairy is Alive and Well!

sprite.4

Booked a 4H interior deck 10 on the Valor in July. Got a phone message AND an email from Carnival about an upsell. It was too late to call them back so figured we missed out. No such thing! They called again the following day. Was upgraded to an 8E balcony for only $260 total for 2 people, same deck, literally a dozen steps from the 4H we had booked. Can't believe our good luck! :D

Booked a 4H interior deck 10 on the Valor in July. Got a phone message AND an email from Carnival about an upsell. It was too late to call them back so figured we missed out. No such thing! They called again the following day. Was upgraded to an 8E balcony for only $260 total for 2 people, same deck, literally a dozen steps from the 4H we had booked. Can't believe our good luck! :D

Guessing it's a 7 day cruise. We just did a 7 day on the Valor in an 8E balcony. I think you made a good choice. She will have the 2.0 upgrades when you sail.

Edited by lizardhowson

Guessing it's a 7 day cruise. We just did a 7 day on the Valor in an 8E balcony. I think you made a good choice. She will have the 2.0 upgrades when you sail.

It's actually an 8-day cruise, which makes it even better. I couldn't believe our good fortune. :)

Congratulations on your good fortune! Enjoy your balcony and have a great cruise!

To get an upsell call, must you have booked via a PVP or on Carnival's web site? I've used travel agents & have never gotten an upsell.

We have always booked directly with Carnival, either using the website or by phone.

On one previous cruise we were offered an upgrade from a balcony to a suite, but it was $600 more and we passed on it.