Sail=away Party ex Sydney?

Beejay4016

I'm hoping that some folks here who have sailed out of Sydney recently will respond.

We're on the Noordam out of Sydney on 25 March, sailing from White Bay Terminal which has the lovely benefit that the ship sails under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Normally we just stay in the Crow's Nest at sail-away, but last year we were on a P&O vessel which sailed from White Bay under the Bridge, and we joined the sail-away party, which was fantastic and such a great experience to start the cruise by going under that famous coat-hangar that connects north and south Sydney. Does anybody here know whether there will be a sail-away party out on the open deck for this cruise, or has anybody experienced one on a recent cruise out of Sydney?

We did this sail-away last May on the MS Oosterdam.

The ship did have a "Sail-Away" Party. Basically, trying to increase Bar Revenue. Several of our Roll Call members joined us at the Sea View Pool.

So whether the Noordam's crew sets up a Sail-Away Party or not you should be able to enjoy this beautiful experience outside at a location of your choice.

Enjoy. It's a beautiful sailing.

We did this sail-away last May on the MS Oosterdam.

The ship did have a "Sail-Away" Party. Basically, trying to increase Bar Revenue. Several of our Roll Call members joined us at the Sea View Pool.

So whether the Noordam's crew sets up a Sail-Away Party or not you should be able to enjoy this beautiful experience outside at a location of your choice.

Enjoy. It's a beautiful sailing.

Thanks Aliaschief; we'll make sure we're out on deck and not sat in the Crow's Nest.

I was on the Noordam which left Sydney from White Bay Jan 30 and it was a fantastic experience!

We had a sail-away party (with hot h`orderves) and as we sailed under the bridge there were some "Walkers of the Bridge" standing right on the top waving us off. needless to say as we passed under there was much waving and whooping!

Don`t even think about staying in the crows nest (unless the weather is very wet) You need to be on the Lido deck.

A great start to a fantastic cruise and I hope your will be just as enjoyable.

I was on the Noordam which left Sydney from White Bay Jan 30 and it was a fantastic experience!

We had a sail-away party (with hot h`orderves) and as we sailed under the bridge there were some "Walkers of the Bridge" standing right on the top waving us off. needless to say as we passed under there was much waving and whooping!

Don`t even think about staying in the crows nest (unless the weather is very wet) You need to be on the Lido deck.

A great start to a fantastic cruise and I hope your will be just as enjoyable.

Hi Charlies Aunt. Thanks so much for that; it is exactly what I was hoping to hear. We are so looking forward to this cruise, and that will be the perfect start.

Cheers,

Bev

My husband and I are also on this cruise and really looking forward to it especially cruising under the Harbour Bridge. We are originally from Sydney but moved to Adelaide 32 years ago, counting down the days and sleeps

My husband and I are also on this cruise and really looking forward to it especially cruising under the Harbour Bridge. We are originally from Sydney but moved to Adelaide 32 years ago, counting down the days and sleeps

29 days and 20 hours. Can almost feel the goosebumps of excitement starting up.

Thanks. White Bay at beginning and end.

One good thing with White Bay is that you get to sail under the Harbour Bridge which, even though I live in Sydney, I think is still pretty special. We sailed from Barangaroo (before White Bay was in existence) and when we sailed under the Bridge everyone climbing the Bridge waved. It was the beginning of a wonderful cruise on the Volendam which took us to Hong Kong.

Ozcruizer