Just off 2/14 Liberty sailing...

We enjoyed a wonderful Cabin Crawl w/ about 9 or 10 different cabins being offered. Including the Ben & Jerry Sweet, the Royal Family Siute and the Owner's Suite. We offered up our JS but the one cabin we really would have enjoyed seeing was the new Panaramic View cabin on Deck 12. I did take this pic from the heliport. They are located in this pic in the top row of windows. Just above them is Liberty Dunes.

Thank you for your review - I'm a sucker for details. :-)

This is our first sailing in a junior suite and both myself & husband along with our 2 young boys are beyond excited. Any thoughts on your junior suite (pros/cons)? And I know this is a silly question, but any chance they provided bath robes?

Thanks!

Kelly

You should be excited! The amenities offered in a JS do include two robes. If you don't have them hanging in the closet, ask the cabin attendant for them on day one. A JS is about 1 1/2 times the size of a std balcony cabin. The balcony will/should have 2 loungers and 2 chairs. It also offers a full size tub/shower vs the tube style showers. There is also a coffee maker although it's pretty lame. The mattress was a pillow top style but I suggest that you order an egg crate cushion. :) For us, the best part of a JS is double the points for Royal's loyalty program.

Enjoy your cruise!

... And I know this is a silly question, but any chance they provided bath robes?

Thanks!

Kelly

Bath robes are one of the perks of having a JS. If you don't have them when you first neter your stateroom, speak to the stateroom attendant. Sometimes they don't show up until the evening turndown because they are still washing the robes from the previous cruise.

The closet in a JS is better than the closet in a GS.

Thanks for the review. Now that they don't rotate the bartenders anymore, how were the bartenders at the Pool Bar? If you went there that is. Also - if you got in the pools, how was the water temp?

Good point about the closet space!

The bartenders at the Pool Bar & Sky Bar were all good to go. One thing that I noticed, none of them requested that you sign the receipt. Not once. I guess perhaps it speeds things up, etc. But I started sliding a single here & there. On a scale of 1 to 10, w/ 10 being the highest, I give the group of bartenders a 9.5. They were very efficient, which is important at the bars around the pools.

We never got into the pool but hit the hot tubs quite a few times. I wish they were dialed up to be a tad warmer.

Hi Guys, I was on the Liberty as well, my son was your neighbor! We had a great time too. Derek Lewis is such a great Entertainer. The beds were not as bad as I expected. MTD was indeed a first night disaster, by day 2 was great. We had some lost and torn up luggage, they fixed them promptly. I only hit the Diamond Lounge once, seemed ok. There were a lot of kids onboard but they were all experienced and great travelers! I love this size ship, not too big or small. Such fun and I miss my cabin already!

Thanks to all that responded to my questions about the Junior Suite - so helpful. And yes, I agree with the egg crate as we have always requested one (just in case). Traveling with a 4 and a 5 year old means there will be more time in our room (late night that is) and I love the idea of relaxing/lounging on the balcony with a glass of wine.....in a robe of course.

So, is it November yet? ;-)

The Planner... is an excellent tool to plan your evening activities and dinner times as well. Hope this helps those that are attempting to set your your dinner times!

Planner_zpslt4uxvnk.jpg

Thank you for this. It's just what I needed to fix my dining plans.

Hi Guys, I was on the Liberty as well, my son was your neighbor! We had a great time too. Derek Lewis is such a great Entertainer. The beds were not as bad as I expected. MTD was indeed a first night disaster, by day 2 was great. We had some lost and torn up luggage, they fixed them promptly. I only hit the Diamond Lounge once, seemed ok. There were a lot of kids onboard but they were all experienced and great travelers! I love this size ship, not too big or small. Such fun and I miss my cabin already!

Hmmm, I'll have to keep an eye on this for my April cruise and consider a specialty dining for that night.

Can you tell me when if they bring your purchased liquor the night before you disembark or do you have to go get it yourself? Also, where is the diamond lounge for disembarking? Thanks!

It was delivered around 9pm on our last night.

I'm not sure where the Diamond Lounge is located. We stumbled into a lounge that had a large sign on it that said, The Suite Lounge. On the door was a typed up 8 1/2 x 11 sign that stated the Suite Lounge was for Suite Guests, Pinnacle Guests, & Diamond Plus Guests. I figured the Diamond Guests had other arrangements. The Suite Lounge is located on Deck 14.

It was delivered around 9pm on our last night.

I'm not sure where the Diamond Lounge is located. We stumbled into a lounge that had a large sign on it that said, The Suite Lounge. On the door was a typed up 8 1/2 x 11 sign that stated the Suite Lounge was for Suite Guests, Pinnacle Guests, & Diamond Plus Guests. I figured the Diamond Guests had other arrangements. The Suite Lounge is located on Deck 14.

Diamond Lounge is on the same deck, just the other side.

I took the question from the other poster as asking where the disembarkation lounge was for Diamond level guests.

When you get to posting the "As You Depart" flyer, it should be clear.

Diamond Lounge is on the same deck, just the other side.

I took the question from the other poster as asking where the disembarkation lounge was for Diamond level guests.

When you get to posting the "As You Depart" flyer, it should be clear.

Thanks for the clarity, clarea :D

I guess it's time to move to the desk top as the laptop is having issues with the scan software. I'll work on some of the Cruise Compasses tonight.

Thanks for all your hard work. I appreciate greatly all you have been sharing.

Might you know, how close to your sail date are you able to begin making online reservations for shows and dinners? How does that process work? We are doing our first RC cruise August 14.

Thanks again!