Wine-by-the-glass and more drink questions

vinotinto

My favourite wine is the Matua Sauvignon Blanc which is on your list, but others have just said it is no longer on the list. Are you sure your list is up to date?

I was on N.Dawn 4 weeks ago and just asked for Matua without looking at the list as I knew I liked it from previous cruises. I was told not available by the glass only a whole bottle for $$ I was very disappointed. I didn't like the North and South that the bar tender forced on me and on later occasions got the Meridian which is drinkable to me.

I am not a wine connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination but I do know what tastes OK to me and what does not. I accept that the tastes of others are not necessarily what I like.

Uh,oh...I was afraid of this happening with the "free" UBP. Can anyone else confirm that there has been a significant downgrade in the wines by the glass availability?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I thought the list in Gatsby's on N. Dawn was very cut down for wines by the glass. About 6 each of Red, White and a couple of sparkling. It all fit on the one page for certain. I was struggling to see if there was something I would probably like.

It was my first time with a UBP, we are not huge drinkers at all and probably have 2-3 per day if we are paying and probably increased to 4-5 on sea days on this cruise due to having a couple of frozen drinks in the afternoon because I had UBP. I think in future if it is not coming with no additional charges at all we will go back to pay as you go. We spent $300 for a couple on a 14 night cruise in June 2015 so not worth paying anything for a package.

I, too, would like to see an updated wine list if anyone has it.

Also, can someone tell me if UBP has to be for everyone in the cabin? I'm looking at summer 2017 or more probably 2018 on Pride of America. I'll be sailing with my 2 boys who will be 21 & 17 in 2017. The oldest one would probably love it, but the youngest might not get as much mileage out of it (although he does love his virgin daiquiris. :)).

Thanks for the help!

Also, can someone tell me if UBP has to be for everyone in the cabin? I'm looking at summer 2017 or more probably 2018 on Pride of America.

The rule for POA is that no one in the cabin can have the UBP. :D Hawaii state law prohibits any deals offering unlimited alcohol for a fixed price (or as a promotion).

Also, can someone tell me if UBP has to be for everyone in the cabin? I'm looking at summer 2017 or more probably 2018 on Pride of America. I'll be sailing with my 2 boys who will be 21 & 17 in 2017. The oldest one would probably love it, but the youngest might not get as much mileage out of it (although he does love his virgin daiquiris. :)).

Thanks for the help!

Hi.... I would call NCL directly to inquire about Pride of America and the UBP... according to the UBP FAQ, the PoA does not offer it.

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

If it is, typically everyone in the stateroom over 21 must also purchase the UBP (there is a Young Adult Waiver Form for passengers over 18 to consume beer or wine but I do not know if they have to buy the UBP)

Hi.... I would call NCL directly to inquire about Pride of America and the UBP... according to the UBP FAQ, the PoA does not offer it.

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

If it is, typically everyone in the stateroom over 21 must also purchase the UBP (there is a Young Adult Waiver Form for passengers over 18 to consume beer or wine but I do not know if they have to buy the UBP)

The young adult waiver means that with parental permission they can buy wines and beers. However NO ONE under 21 is permitted to have the UBP

The rule for POA is that no one in the cabin can have the UBP. :D Hawaii state law prohibits any deals offering unlimited alcohol for a fixed price (or as a promotion).

Well that totally stinks! Oh well, guess I'll just have to watch how much we drink on board. Thanks for the info. (Wonder if we can get the law changed in the next year or so? LOL)

if the wine list has infact changed and if anyone has an up to date version they could post be much abliged

Hey guys, found this recent post with the updated wine list. Enjoy. Also, What would you guys recommend ?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49225976&postcount=184

IMG_6003_zpsb7sgvzoc.jpg

IMG_6004_zpsgoabld9o.jpg

IMG_6001_zpsfdvfdgpi.jpg

IMG_6002_zpsphtk1qek.jpg

Check out #102 on wine list.

Thank you! Needless to say, I don't know much about wine at all. Other than the fact that there are only a few types that I like. I was looking for the word "prosecco" more as the type of wine, and didn't realize it would be after the word "Brut." Thanks for confirming that it is there. Hope it's one that I like.

Thanks for posting the updated list. I'm now reconsidereding the UBP. With only one cab by the glass, I don't see how we would not venture into "by the bottle" territory. We're on a port intensive 12 night cruise, so not sure if I'll drink the $150 tip charge with this wine by the glass list.

It is really disappointing to see that Matua is no longer available by the glass as it is our favorite wine.

Also noticed that there is quite a price increase for the bottle compared to what we paid last year. I guess that NCL found another niche to make more money from the wine lovers.

We will have to make due with what is available by the glass.

What are some moscatos people recommend?

My friend Dave from Dayton was displeased they didn't have 2014 Andre Cold Duck.

I am not a wine connoisseur by any means but I really liked the Moscato they had: the Lindeman's Bin 90 from Australia.

Beth