All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Something a little different. Where I had to cancel two trips this year I asked for dispensation to roll over my Hilton Gold & my American Airlines Gold. Didn’t expect anything, but both statuses have been extended until 2020 along with a note hoping I’m feeling better. That definitely made me feel better!!! Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Melody, that falls under the "it never hurts to ask" category, right? Good for you. How is the recovery going?

I decided to change my hair color. I went a bit lighter and less red this time. I had highlights done last month but I didn't like how they grew out, so I decided I'm going to go lighter very gradually, and add lowlights when the new growth is long enough. I don't want to make a dramatic change, and with my hair long in the back it will take quite some time, so I just have to be patient. I'm not ready to go gray yet, but I don't have time to go every three weeks for the auburn. Just too much work.

I was so distracted by myself in the mirror this morning, I went to work without any eye makeup on. :eek:

Laurie, our kitty was born sometime around then too, so we celebrate her birthday on April 1st also. She doesn't like treats so for her birthday she got some extra playtime with the laser pointer (her absolute favorite thing besides napping by the radiator).

I’m doing ok, still not able to tolerate carbs (except oatmeal) (forget breads!) so weight it still coming off [emoji6]. I’m back at the gym now & my endurance is getting better

When I decided to go grey (from my auburn) I did an all over dark auburn & low lighted it (twice is what it took to grow out). I then cut my hair really short & never looked back. We did our first 14 night cruise with the money I saved from the hairdresser! Melody

I color my own hair. I don't think it covers the gray as well, but it is less than $9 every 5 weeks so I can live with that. I would like something different but I'm not good about regular haircuts so if I went to salon for a cut and color, I'd need to do better. I color it close to my natural color, but it's a bit redder.

Just a few more days!

The wind today is horrible. It ripped shingles off the roof of the garage. The gusts are too strong for my husband to get up there tonight at up to 65 mph. He works overtime tomorrow and it's going to rain or snow Friday.

Melody. It sounds like you are getting there!

Margaret. I'd love to see a picture of your hair.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

I do a lousy job of coloring my hair . The one time I looked like Lucy Ricardo so I go every five weeks for a color & cut . I am thinking of going to a wig shop and trying on gray wigs to see how I would look probably old & boring . I started getting the travel bug so I booked a trip to Cuba for June 2 . I hope three times is the charm if not Cuba is jinxed for me. Well my trying to gain weight has failed . Any other time in my life I would look at food and gain weight but when I want to gain a few pounds zip. I refuse to buy all new pants . It is probably because I am in an intensive exercise program .2 1/2 hours twice a week and then 30 minutes every other day but one . It is really building my endurance .

Laurie , Have a great time ! You deserve it after an awful winter .

LOL! They are off to a great start, aren't they? I wasn't able to catch the end of the game, but I was in the grocery store after work when I got the ESPN notification about the walk off. I can't wait to see them in June! I had such a great time last year.

I'm so close now. I am on track for getting everything done. I am going to start laundry tomorrow morning, go for my physical, then finish laundry and packing when I get home. I will have a little downtime, which I think is a really good idea because it helps me to "shut off" work and start relaxing. Plus the puppies need a little bit of cuddle and play time! Then my daughters and I are getting mani/pedis.

Even with the packing, it's literally just putting things in the suitcase for me. With my husband, he still has a little figuring out to do but not much. Mostly, he needs me to do laundry because there are some things he doesn't have a lot of, such as undershirts. I did get out some of this stuff for him. He only owns two pairs of swim trunks, so he's bringing both.

We woke up to about 4 inches of snow this morning. Most is gone now, but it's still very cold - around 29 right now. Tomorrow will be 49 and raining. Saturday, when we leave, it will be below 30, but dry. So we should be all set.

I’m sitting here looking at the Soft Surroundings catalog (& watching the snow & fog outside). There are some fabulous dresses, but the prices are out of sight for a summer dress

Melody, I agree. I think if I wore it I would fill it out and it would look boxy. When I was young and thin I had a vintage sheath dress from the 50's that was a similar style but mid-calf. I loved that dress and wore it so much. The clothing from those times was so well made, and the fabrics so much better. It had two lifetimes. I finally gave it away when I realized I would never be a size 4 again. :(

That middle one is calling my name. If I wear a full skirt, it can only be full down low, past the leg crease like that. That color is yummy.