All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I found that same dress in a different photo...looks very warm to me:

https://poshmark.com/listing/Tildon-Ruched-BodyCon-Tank-Dress-590266362ba50a97ce006385?utm_source=gdm&gdm_bottom=false&campaign_id=731570126&utm_campaign=731570126&enable_guest_buy_flow=true&gclid=CjwKCAjwjJjOBRBVEiwAfvnvBOMS83bgsJgj4L44V58J-m5qA6F6m_Q7z5OraYoU7s6Q28Y18Ty0yRoC528QAvD_BwE

I know it says Tildon but if you read the fine print on Nordstrom it says that the label could be Leith or Tildon.

Don't do anything else to your memory card...you could still recover the files if they aren't over written.

https://www.recode.net/2015/1/22/11557994/how-to-recover-deleted-photos-from-your-memory-card-or-smartphone

I haven't done a bunch of research but I know you can recover deleted files so I did a quick google and this seemed like a good starting point.

Laurie, Have you looked at Ann Taylor ? There are some pretty dresses on their web site . I love Dillard's for dresses . I need to go their after the holidays since Gary's son is getting married in March . They are having a beach wedding . The weather should be perfect in march .

Laurie, a good camera shop can likely recover your pictures. They recovered almost all of ours when a non waterproof camera went for a swim a few years ago [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anita, I'm going to read through that and see what I can do. Thank you. If it doesn't work, I am going to try a professional.

Sally, I usually find things at the Loft Outlet that is in Waterloo, but I never seen to find anything in Ann Taylor or the regular Loft store. I just checked and saw some nice things there for work.

Anita, I saw this and thought about the scarves you recently bought. They were both quite different. This caught my eye.

71bd450f5cb5d15e8c56dd6180706452.jpg

I'm kind of wondering why I didn't buy it!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Seriously, I was. So we got a taxi, that dropped us off in the front and took off quickly. The door was locked. There was a doorbell. We rang it. No answer. Then we noticed the sign that said if you are checking in after 11 PM, go to their sister hotel a block and half away. Well, it was around 5 PM, so we thought it odd but we headed up the street.

Sister hotel is locked too. But someone answer the bell by opening the door and immediately walking away. We schlepped our luggage up the steps, to a crowded little lobby. No one at the desk. A maintenance worker told us he would be back, so we waited. Finally, after about 40 minutes, he comes back.

Hotel #1 has no power, no water, and is closed. We asked if they had room for us there. He said they have no water or power either, but the may have the power back on shortly. So we waited. By this time, most of us were asking if there were any hotels we could go to?

They have another sister hotel, with power, with water! Yay! So we took another taxi and arrived. I got scared. There were missing windows, and it was vacant. Then I noticed the hotel was in the adjoining building. We got through the gate, and the person at the desk was talking to his girlfriend, and completely ignoring us. We were getting eaten up by mosquitoes, and it was getting dark.

More of the story later!

What troopers you and DH are! I would have melted down by then. I always travel with Plans A&B in my pocket. After that, if I would have to go to the nonexistent Plan C, I wouldn't do well. I travel so well with my detailed plans (A&B) but, if things veer off those I would be in a heap of trouble :eek: I sometimes envy those who can travel and play it off the cuff, it sounds so adventurous but, I just can't do it. It's not in my FIREY/Classic/Yin makeup :(

Laurie, I'm kind of wondering why you didn't buy it too!!! I'm waiting patiently for the trip to continue.

Anita, I really like both scarves. (Who would have thought?) I'm wondering though if the first scarf, although great colors and lovely, doesn't match your vibe as well as the second scarf? I'd wear the second scarf with jeans (because jeans go with everything) and boots, my off-white lace sleeveless T and any neutral-colored jacket/sweater I owned. Earrings with both the blue scarf color and whatever jacket color would tie everything together. Like this, maybe?

https://www.google.com/search?q=smoky+blue+and+olive+earrings&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUrrmAgMHWAhVX92MKHZykCRwQsAQIJQ&biw=1313&bih=891#imgrc=bnzoCbmGaOhWGM:

I've been known to take my jewelry pliers and remove or add parts of earrings according to what I'm wearing any particular day or. . .just, because.

Debbie...I get what you are thinking regarding the first scarf, but the whole idea of that scarf was to pair it with a very Yin cardigan sweater. I felt like I needed to add a bit of Yang to complement rather than build more Yin into the outfit. I'm believing that this is the key for me to feel at home in an outfit...

So far, I found that that smaller scarf was a perfect head band...I wore it yesterday with that aqua tee shirt dress that I posted before with the big sheer flowery scarf. Worked very well...

I'm thankful for the ideas for the other scarf. I don't have too many ivory or cream colored shirts though...I'm thinking that would be a good staple for me though.

I do like those earrings you posted.

I really dislike about 90% of the Talbots catalog, and then they throw a wrench in it. Love the soft moto with the sort of giraffe print top, and the luscious color of this sweater (less pink than it's showing on my screen.)

TalbotsJacket.jpg.e573650f91d25890b7aabfb7d11f9549.jpg

TalbotsBlouse.jpg.27c0dd2c58971440ad7f98e1c1cb654f.jpg

Too funny Sally. My go to every cruise silk pants are the only thing I've ever bought from Talbots.

Margaret, I love that giraffe print top & jacket, but I'd fade into the background in it. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Talbots is normally my go-to jam, but this latest trend to put a ruffle on anything and everything has me puzzled. Margaret, I immediately went to the Talbots site and looked for the jacket and top. I can't find the top, but found an asymmetrical-zip suede jacket that looked interesting. Too bad that it had a huge floppy collar since streamlined collars look better for me. Then I looked at the other-view pictures and realized--it's the exact picture you posted. LOL Exactly what I've been looking for, but my health issues won't allow the weight of suede. I'd want to wait for a really good sale, but may check in the store to see if it isn't quite as heavy as I imagine. I'd wear that top and the jacket in an instant. Love. It.

I like the sweater on someone else, but I'd be dragging it through my coffee. It would irritate the snot out of me before lunchtime and I'd be miserable. I think that is a great revelation for me. I can admire it on others and realize I don't need to drag it home with me only to be disappointed with buyers' remorse.

So, what about the Kibbe picture? I'm guessing Dramatic and Yin Natural. The curly-headed model was hard for me to decide between yin/soft and yang/dramatic Natural.

Ahh, Anita. Light-bulb moment! Totally understand the balance of the scarf. I've been trying to find an example of funky scarf/jewelry combo that I've been using. A friend brought me Liberty of London pocket-square as a thank-you gift this summer for watering her plants while she was across the big pond. I wasn't sure what to do with such a tiny scarf but she suggested I add a short necklace to the mix. When I did, it turned out something like this, but longer:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/130111876709546934

I will probably also use it as a bracelet after I retire, but as much as I'm at the keyboard, bracelets aggravate me right now.

Debbie...that's a fantastic way to wear a smaller scarf! I haven't seen anything like that before. I'm thinking the gold is too shiny for me, and something a bit more, idk natural 😂, would be better for me...maybe even just using a simple wood circle? I'll have to explore that idea.

I've been noticing that I like it when I see scarfs and necklaces together. At first, I thought too much, but I've seen a long necklace peeking out from a billowing scarf and I really like it.

http://pin.it/SwUAMLR

There are elements of that outfit that I really like...been thinking how I can adapt the look with my aqua tee shirt dress.

Margaret...I love the suede jacket and textured shirt combo. I've learned though, that while I admire the animal prints on other people...I don't really like them on me. That one might be a good one though, as it is low contrast and the higher contrasting prints are what simultaneously attract me on other people and make me feel uncomfortable when I see them in the mirror. Debbie...it is like realizes how you like things on other people, but ultimately need to leave the admiration there and not try to take it home.

By the way, that isn't black in the scarf. It is gray. I think the overhead lighting in the store was off a bit. The ivory and gold were wonderfully warm. The pink, when mixed with the gold in parts, became a really nice warm orangey kind of color. When it was by itself, it was cool. But overall, it felt earthy to me. This is kind of neat, because it is so hard to find earth scarves that don't scream fall. They had a lot, and it was just $14.99. I'll probably go back and grab it. I have a thing or two in the gold color that it will work great with - work or casual.

Anita, you may recall that I love animal prints. But I find that I don't wear them. I have small accents, but whenever I buy an animal print clothing item, I love to look at it, but not wear it. That may go back to prints in general. I have a bracelet, and a little clutch that I use. As a matter of fact, the clutch is gold and brown, and I used it with the brown dress on my cruise.

I think the snake print dress would fall under the animal print category. And I like that and wear it. I think I need to take it in a little now, but I love the styling. I wonder if the fact that I love how the dress fit and how the style looked is the reason I overlook the print?

Anita, please post pictures of how you wear those scarves. I have never really worn smaller scarves before, so I find that intriguing. I just never knew what to do with them.

I had a shirt from Talbots once, a long time ago. My husband bought it for me. We were looking around right after we were married, and this particular store is in the village of Skaneateles. It is an oddity, because it is on a village street, across from a lake, and all other stores are little boutique or antique types of places. But we spent a few days there after we were married, and we wandered in. I found a wonderful orange-red shirt there, long before I started considering colors. I decided it was too expensive, but he grabbed it and bought it for me...

I love the colors of the jacket and shirt, although I am unsure about the style. Debbie, you said that when you looked at it online, the collar wasn't overwhelming? I will have to go to their website. It doesn't do me favors to add extra fabric across that area of my body.

Oh, and I'm not a ruffle fan in general. But all the big sleeves and stuff...I like them, until I put them on.

Now, back to my story for a bit.

I was rather apalled by the hotel we were dropped off at. We were kind of being ignored for a personal call. He was expecting us, and quickly gave us a room. After he got off the phone, that is.

The room...how do I describe it? The door just had a lock on the handle, and it didn't lock right. One lamp was broken. There were huge gobs of dust hanging off the ceiling fan. And these are the positive features.

When we pulled back the comforter, a bug flew out. The sheets were dirty. Mildew on a leaky ceiling tile. I think you get the picture. But it was getting dark out, and we were hungry, and we just needed to stay somewhere, you know? So we went down the street and found a cute little Italian restaurant, and ate. We headed back, and put our luggage and a chair in front of the door.

I left out that between all this, we realized there were no towels in the room. The attendant found us two bath towels. Those looked cleaner than the sheets, so we laid them over the pillows and down part of the bed. I put on my compression tights I had with me for the ship gym, because they covered my legs. And socks. And one of my husband's long sleeved shirts buttoned all the way up. He dressed similarly.

And as hard as we tried, we didn't go to sleep. There were people going by our room all night/morning long. We decided in the morning that we couldn't bear to stay there. That's when I saw the Jet Blue email. They were adding flights! We got on the phone, and got our tickets. Our flights weren't until evening, but we were leaving that place. We had to stand outside (the desk is outside, on a covered porch) for someone to arrive and let us check out. We got to the airport around 9:30. I was soooo relieved.

But I have to tell you this. The night before, sitting in that room, I started to cry. I asked my husband if I was a bad person? We were polite to everyone, and were understanding of the plight that they were going through after Irma. But here I was, freaking out about being in a dirty, sketchy place when some of those people had to live that way. And a poor place such as San Juan, was losing money by the day because they had no water or power.

And I was able to go home to my creature comforts, and only miss one additional day of work that I was able to use personal time for.

Then after I got home, and Maria went through there, I felt even worse. We are so, so, so fortunate.

I can't say it was over once we got home though. Both places try to charge me for 7 days. Booking.com wasn't much help. They removed one set of charges, but I had to contest the second one. The funny thing is, the charges were for the middle hotel - not the one we booked, nor the one we ended up at for one night. I was able to get most of it straightened out though.

And my travel insurance reimbursed me for the one night at the hotel and for the extra taxi fare.

I'd post pictures of the hotel room since I took them on my phone, but I don't think you want to see them, lol.

Laurie, I've been having trouble finding work blouses in patterns I like that don't have those long ruffles that start on the forearm and go to the wrist? I'm seeing them everywhere and I just can't wear that and work too. Or puffy sleeves with gathered wrists... those are everywhere too. argh.

I'm not surprised that the stress of the situation in PR got to you. All the unknowns in a strange country where things weren't working right... you should cut yourself some slack. I had friends who were in Mexico years ago when a hurricane hit. They were evacuated from their resort to a shelter for five days where they were robbed of their money and their shoes before they could finally come home. It's easy now after things turned out ok for you to be hard on yourself, but when you look at the kinds of situations some people ended up in, there are a million ways that could have been you too, and you were right to be concerned. JMO.

BTW, if I had that suede jacket and the top, I would probably wear some kind of red pendant and red lipstick with it. :) I'm such a drama queen, but in a good way. :)