Princess Insurance or Company suggested by TA?

flip side of fifty

USAA and Costco both offer travel insurance through associated partners. Usually at a price better than calling the companies direct.

Interesting...do you have to have purchased the insured trip through Costco? I have an upcoming river cruise that I need to purchase insurance for (under deposit with another TA) and would like to follow up on this and get a quote.

Thank you

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Alliance has a yearly policy. It covers you 100 miles from home. We paid $498 for the 2 of us. Being we have a lake home 180 miles away, & hubby hunts. This policy fits the bill for us. Just throwing this out as an additional option. Make sure to read all the contact to make the decision that works for each of us, as individuals.

I can offer two ideas to this conversation. First - On one of our cruises we took the Princess platinum insurance. Because we thought their coverages were too low for medical and we were staying two days after the cruise before we flew home we contacted The Trip Insurance Store and they priced out a very inexpensive policy which covered our medical at high coverages for our entire trip.

The second idea is to just contact The Trip Insurance Store and see what it will cost to cover your whole trip. You can do this online but the medical only you would need to call for rates.

FYI - The part that makes insurance expensive is the trip cancellation and delays. I was surprised as I would have thought it would have been the medical.

The coverage on the policies need to be compared item by item and then you have to soul search what you think is the risk that you want protection from.

I agree. The conditions of coverage and amount limits influences the premium one pays.

Reading online reviews, esp claims processing, on providers may also be helpful.

]Isn't United Health Care an HMO health plan? [/color]

I have been very happy with my insurance purchases. Princess does not charge you extra for age.

I don't know if United Healthcare offers an HMO type of coverage, but my Medicare supplement thru them is not a HMO. I chose a plan that provides coverage while out of the USA, and have twice gotten partial reimbursement for onboard medical expenses, less the deductible. The entire remaining amount of those expenses were reimbursed to me, including the deductible amount imposed by my supplemental insurance, by Princess insurance. And it was done hassle-free.

Interesting...do you have to have purchased the insured trip through Costco? I have an upcoming river cruise that I need to purchase insurance for (under deposit with another TA) and would like to follow up on this and get a quote.

Thank you

Doesn't appear that way. I did a price comparison with USAA and Costco was cheaper. I purchased the trip elsewhere.

WOW

Thank you all !!

I never knew these Internet sites ever existed. And, despite being a member of USAA for 30 years I never even thought of checking them out. And, we are going to be on this trip for more than a week longer than on a Princess tour - so another good point I 'd not even thought of :eek:

I am always learning something from this forum!