can you try for a different guarantee cabin if booked in UK

lenbest

You must take the one given to you - The only way to change after assignment is to upgrade and pay the difference in to new price on the upgrade day. That may be cheaper or more than the day you booked on - You will also loose any offer that is no longer available.

although we usually book through a US travel agent, I have asked to go back "into the pot" on previous cruises booked in the UK. My upcoming Splendour cruise was booked in the UK (due to a future cruise cert approaching expiration) & we were allocated a GTY cabin right under the theatre, which was going to cause problems as we aren't late to bed. I called and explained the issue, they put me on hold & came back with another cabin number which was fine. I hope this helps.

In most cases you can pay to select, you pick a non-guarantee category.

Sorry thats what i meant. Why would anyone pay to select if they could get a guarantee and then swop.

Edited by debgreg

Sorry thats what i meant. Why would anyone pay to select if they could get a guarantee and then swop.

Because by the time a guarantee has been assigned, there may not be many choices left. On some ships, I would have no problem with any stateroom in a category, but on others, there are some I would like to avoid.

Wondered if its possible to place you guarantee cabin back in the pool to try again if the booking was made in the UK or do you have to accept the one issued-thanks

Depends on how good your pcc is. Or TA. Some can get you moved in the same allocated category.

They will let you go back into the guarantee pool in the UK.

I did this last week. We booked direct with Rccl UK. I phoned and asked if I could change to another cabin in the same category as ours was under the Windjammer.Been there before, noise drove us crazy.

The rep said I could not but offered to put me back to gty status.

A few hours later we got a better located cabin on deck 12.

When we have booked in the US it's never been a problem to change gty cabins as long as it's within the same category but they don't allow this in the UK but they should let you go back into the guarantee pool if you want to take the chance.

I've only ever done one GTY reservation.

It was for a TA sailing and we were allocated a room on the non sunny side of the ship.

I called RC and was told that it couldn't be changed without paying the difference in cruise fare.

So I chanced my luck and emailed the Crown and Anchor team, asked real nice for a room in the same category that had been issued from GTY but on the sunny side and my request was met.

From what I have read on here, on this and other posts on the subject, I'm gonna guess that I was just lucky and got a nice RC agent.