Opting Out of Royal Refreshment

I'll probably only drink one alcoholic drink per day, but will drink several sodas. If I purchase the refreshment package, am I limited only to refills in the mug that comes with it, or will they serve me a glass/can/bottle of soda at the bar and dining room(s) as part of the plan? Also, isn't it about a 3 soda per day breakeven point? If you've bought it previously, isn't it difficult to get your money's worth on port days?

You do not get cans or bottles-just fountain.

You can use in dining room-they will give you fountain sodas from any bar no need for tumbler.

I average 1 soda a day so I do not get it. Just so happens it is included on my upcoming Harmony cruise so I will use it for the Disani waters in machine

Edited by harry0

I'll probably only drink one alcoholic drink per day, but will drink several sodas. If I purchase the refreshment package, am I limited only to refills in the mug that comes with it, or will they serve me a glass/can/bottle of soda at the bar and dining room(s) as part of the plan? Also, isn't it about a 3 soda per day breakeven point? If you've bought it previously, isn't it difficult to get your money's worth on port days?

Only fountain drinks are included. If you are on a ship with the freestyle machines then you need to use your mug at one of the machines. That doesn't stop you from getting fountain coke at any bar or restaurant.

Figure about 3 bucks per beverage..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

With a can of soda running around $3, the breakeven is somewhere between 3 and 4 sodas now. Also, if your ship does not have a Freestyle machine, you would be limited to about 6 different flavors, whereas if you purchase cans, you will have more choices.

Can the soda package be purchased on day 2 of the cruise (6 nite cruise), or does it have to be purchased for the whole cruise?

Supposedly, any package can be purchased with at least 4 days left in the cruise. However, I've seen reports about the soda package that conflict with this policy. I would ask one of the bar crew members to confirm this on the first day of you cruise. Might be yet another policy that varies ship to ship.

That seams silly , and more trouble than it's worth IMO , but have never seen one of these machines before

The chip helps decrease cheating by expiring after the cruise and preventing the use of any other machine on the ship no more often than every 15 minutes.

The chip helps decrease cheating by expiring after the cruise and preventing the use of any other machine on the ship no more often than every 15 minutes.
If you get two kids in front of you putting in a little of one flavor and some of another, then tasting, then adding a third flavor, tasting, dumping, and starting over it will take 15 minutes just to get to the machine:rolleyes:

Need I mention that I'm not a fan:(

If you get two kids in front of you putting in a little of one flavor and some of another, then tasting, then adding a third flavor, tasting, dumping, and starting over it will take 15 minutes just to get to the machine:rolleyes:

I can see how that would be annoying.

Guess I am just lucky, but I have NEVER had that happen. Most times there is only one or at most two people ahead of me in line for the machine.