On Diamond not live

shredie

CD is Bernie from Chile She's pretty good. We get off in Sydney. We are bouncier than ever today. Lots of empty seats in the dining room last night.

I've read that such conditions are quite common in the Tasman Sea...we had 20'-25' seas with near hurricane force winds during our Sydney to southern NZ crossing.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Good news.

You will still become Platinum after the first segment as Princess now (and has for several years) gives a cruise credit for each segment of a multi-segment cruise booked as a single cruise.

Check in with the Captain's Circle rep during the first segment to make sure her records indicate this will occur. He/she may have to arrange for the proper color cruise card when the second segment begins.

Thank you for your advice.

But first I need to correct my original message:

«...convinced us to do the B2B.» should have been «... convinced us NOT to do the B2B.»

But you got it right anyway ;).

You write: «You will still become Platinum after the first segment as Princess now (and has for several years) gives a cruise credit for each segment of a multi-segment cruise booked as a single cruise.»

But in the Princess Captain's Circle information section I find this:

«*Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days. Land portion of cruisetour does not apply.

And in the Q&A section:

Question: What happens when I hit a cruise day milestone in the middle of my cruise?

Answer: Completing 30 cruise days to become Ruby, 50 cruise days to become Platinum or 150 cruise days to become Elite is certainly a milestone to be celebrated. However, we cannot change your tier status mid-cruise. Upon completion of that cruise you will receive your new Member Pack welcoming you to the new tier. On your next Princess voyage we'll look forward to welcoming you back at your new tier level!

Edited by Montrealais

Still at sea but it has calmed down. Last night was the roughest I ever remembered. Slamming drawers and cupboard doors. We get to Hobart tomorrow so back to activity instead of vegging and watching movies. I really love this interactive TV system. I hope they eventually get it fleet wide. The Muts movie shows up on the tv the day after it was on muts. Great TomHanks one. Bridge of Spies.

Still at sea but it has calmed down. Last night was the roughest I ever remembered. Slamming drawers and cupboard doors. We get to Hobart tomorrow so back to activity instead of vegging and watching movies. I really love this interactive TV system. I hope they eventually get it fleet wide. The Muts movie shows up on the tv the day after it was on muts. Great TomHanks one. Bridge of Spies.

Yep the TV is great.

No wonder it was rough NZ to Tas.

Just wait till you cross Bass Strait, between Tas and the Mainland, it will be either as smooth as a millpond (about a 10% chance) or possibly the roughest night of your life.

Princess is giving us a 25% credit toward a future cruise to compensate for missing the two ports.

Wow, that is fantastic.

If they gave us 25% for every two Ports we've missed, I'd have a free cruise or two coming.

Missing Ports in Australia and NZ isn't really uncommon. Down South you are in some of the roughest waters in the world (the famous Roaring 40s) North there is always the danger if cyclones.

We have missed at least One Port on half of all our cruises.

Hope Bass Strait behaves for you. I have been told that when The World crosses between Tasmania and the mainland she sails near empty as most residents have had at least one bad crossing and elect to fly.

But then we have also had crossings so smooth the water looked like a mirror.

Nice. So wheres the next cruise? :)

Haha. DH says the Baltics but I want to do the Med again. We left Hobart last night for Melbourne. It has been very calm. Now we are seeing some sun for the first time in days. Italian night last night at dinner with a new fish dish I have never seen before but everything else was the same old same old. The ship is full of happy people clogging the future cruise desk. Formal night tonight. We have only two on this trip apparently. If I see a guy in shorts I'll take a picture. LOL.

Just a couple of Diamond questions if you don't mind Shredie.

Was there a noodle bar in the buffet on a couple of nights? and is the soft serve ice cream still available and free on the pool deck?

Hope you have a smooth Bass Strait crossing. What are you plans after Sydney?

Yes. Noodle bar every day. Yes sift serve. We left Melbourne today and it has been smooth sailing. I liked Melbourne. Reminded me of Chicago. We have one more sea day and then Sydney. We are going to do s couple of daysin Sydney and then back to LAX. Going to Sydney zoo.

Yes. Noodle bar every day. Yes sift serve. We left Melbourne today and it has been smooth sailing. I liked Melbourne. Reminded me of Chicago. We have one more sea day and then Sydney. We are going to do s couple of daysin Sydney and then back to LAX. Going to Sydney zoo.

Yeah Tooronga Park!! That area is my old stomping grounds.

You will love Sydney! :)

Thanks Shredie. Pleased you've enjoyed your cruise, and got a bonus to boot! You'll love Taronga Park. Hope the weather is good for you.

You write: «You will still become Platinum after the first segment as Princess now (and has for several years) gives a cruise credit for each segment of a multi-segment cruise booked as a single cruise.»

But in the Princess Captain's Circle information section I find this:

«*Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days. Land portion of cruisetour does not apply.

And in the Q&A section:

Question: What happens when I hit a cruise day milestone in the middle of my cruise?

Answer: Completing 30 cruise days to become Ruby, 50 cruise days to become Platinum or 150 cruise days to become Elite is certainly a milestone to be celebrated. However, we cannot change your tier status mid-cruise. Upon completion of that cruise you will receive your new Member Pack welcoming you to the new tier. On your next Princess voyage we'll look forward to welcoming you back at your new tier level!

Each of the segments is counted by Princess as a cruise, even if you booked multiple segments with a single booking number.

Thus, at the end of the first segment, if that gives you the number of days or segments you need to advance, you will do so.

It should be automatic. In fact if you look at such a cruise in My Princess before you take the cruise, it should show that the future has two cruise credits for the two segments.

Edited by caribill

Each of the segments is counted by Princess as a cruise, even if you booked multiple segments with a single booking number.

Thus, at the end of the first segment, if that gives you the number of days or segments you need to advance, you will do so.

It should be automatic. In fact if you look at such a cruise in My Princess before you take the cruise, it should show that the future has two cruise credits for the two segments.

You are quite correct. We have a 14 day cruise booked n the Majestic that is a combination of two 7 day cruises. Even though we have a single booking number our Personalizer shows that we will get one cruise credit for each 7 day segment.

shredie, I just found your thread and enjoyed reading your comments. We want to do an Aus/NZ cruise but will try to book one with an IC and Vines. It's too bad that those weren't added to the Diamond as they are such signature Princess features. We will probably need to get there soon before the tidewater glaciers are lost. Looking at Google Earth in appears that some of the Beagle Channel glaciers in Chile may have already receded back from the waterline.

Edited by IECalCruiser