On Diamond not live

shredie

Well, here I am in Auckland. I can see the ship from my hotel window. I will try to check in when I can to tell you stuff, but I'm not promising anything. Let's see how the Internet behaves on board.

That flight from LAX was brutal. But my luggage made it!

Well, here I am in Auckland. I can see the ship from my hotel window. I will try to check in when I can to tell you stuff, but I'm not promising anything. Let's see how the Internet behaves on board.

Bon Voyage!! Hope you didn't bring any food (EF) into the country. :eek:

Bon Voyage!! Hope you didn't bring any food (EF) into the country. :eek:

The cute beagle at the airport would have stopped me. This cruise originated elsewhere and we are joining it mid cruise. Dumb me didn't find out where it came from. Anyone know?

Glad that you & your luggage made it to Auckland...Buon Viaggio!

Uh oh! We're flying from LAX to SYD next week. Hope it's not too brutal since we're in business class on Virgin Australia. Actually we are flying from Cincinnati prior to the LAX flight.

We'll be on the Diamond starting March 16. Can't wait.

Edited by Alaska05

Uh oh! We're flying from LAX to SYD next week. Hope it's not too brutal since we're in business class on Virgin Australia. Actually we are flying from Cincinnati prior to the LAX flight.

Having flown all over the world I too find any flight down under from the US to be the most brutal of any worldwide.....though flying business class will soften it up! :D

Having flown all over the world I too find any flight down under from the US to be the most brutal of any worldwide.....though flying business class will soften it up! :D

Hi,thats a walk in the park.We flew LHR to AKL 3 years ago after 27 hrs and landed ON TIME with the Diamond sailing 6 hrs later.Believe it or not this was a Princess air arranged flight,cheers,Brian.

This is a beautiful ship. Almost as lovely as Sapphire. [emoji1]. Teak loungers on promenade. Nice string trio in the atrium. MUTZ tonight is The Intern. Smoking restricted more on this ship than others. Salmon and tri tip on menu along with some CS concoctions. Looks like prime rib night for me. Took me awhile to get online. Had to stand in the hall. Stewart asked me what I was doing. LOL. More later.

This is a beautiful ship. Almost as lovely as Sapphire. [emoji1]. Teak loungers on promenade. Nice string trio in the atrium. MUTZ tonight is The Intern. Smoking restricted more on this ship than others. Salmon and tri tip on menu along with some CS concoctions. Looks like prime rib night for me. Took me awhile to get online. Had to stand in the hall. Stewart asked me what I was doing. LOL. More later.

Take lots of pictures and post when you can (even if it is when you are home) for those of us who will likely not ever make it on the Diamond (or the Sapphire for that matter) now that they are in the East. Thanks for the comments so far. :)

Yes Stewart!!! :D

When you get the chance please tell us what Curtis Stone dishes they have in the MDR menu, interested to see if they are the same as in Nov.

Thanks so much for posting.

Have you noticed how Kai Sushi is looking? Crowded or no?

Thanks!

When we were on Oct/Nov I walked past Kai Sushi many many times, not one person in there over 34 days, really can't understand why they didn't re purpose it while Diamond was DownUnder.

We did LAX to SYDin business class with Virgin Australia a couple of years ago, its not too bad at all, we slept most of the way after a lovely dinner and a couple of glasses of wine to help it go down.

Enjoy your trip.

Cruising the Diamond this month from Australia to Japan.

Looking forward to hearing about your impressions and experiences on board.

When we were on Oct/Nov I walked past Kai Sushi many many times, not one person in there over 34 days, really can't understand why they didn't re purpose it while Diamond was DownUnder.

Thanks! I appreciate your observations.