Question:

brabrant10

Does the name on the cruise document have to exactly match name on passport -I've just noticed that my TA did not include my daughters middle -on reservations -which is documented on her passport

From what I understand, only first and last name have to match. However, I would call your cruise line to confirm.

Middle names aren't important to the cruise line....rarely will one even fit on the form! But do book everything in the name on the ID you'll be using!!!

I learned long ago to always have my air reservations and my cruise documents match my passport exactly. My passport has my middle name and all my bookings do as well.

I do wish people would use titles that actually gave sme idea what their question was about.

I agree. :)

Something in the title of the thread a little more than 'question' gives a clue if it is something we want to bother reading.

I am sure you know if you hover your cursor over the title, it will display a few words of the first sentence of the post. Sometimes it is enough to know you might or might not be interested in reading more. :)

I agree. :)

Something in the title of the thread a little more than 'question' gives a clue if it is something we want to bother reading.

I am sure you know if you hover your cursor over the title, it will display a few words of the first sentence of the post. Sometimes it is enough to know you might or might not be interested in reading more. :)

Thanks"

I actually didn't know that.

When I've got a computer back instead of relying on a tablet, I must remember.

There are so many threads with titles that don't show that the person is Adkins about.

I usually look at them, as it tends o indicate a newbie, and I try to help them.

Our cruise documents often don't include our middle names while our passports do. Never had a problem.

Of course, Yet is the operative word.

I agree the chance of a problem boarding a cruise ship without your middle name as on your passport being on your cruise ticket is not a huge risk but nevertheless somewhat of a risk.

It can be a big risk at an airport.

Last summer two or three weeks prior to a cruise on Princess, I was reading a communication from Princess that said that the names on our travel documents must match the names on our passports.

No problem, I thought.

Oops, problem.

I dug up my wife's passport and found that when I made the reservation, I mispelled her middle name.

I called Princess, and it took about two minutes for the agent to change the spelling on the booking.

Problem solved.

:)

Last summer two or three weeks prior to a cruise on Princess, I was reading a communication from Princess that said that the names on our travel documents must match the names on our passports.

No problem, I thought.

Oops, problem.

I dug up my wife's passport and found that when I made the reservation, I mispelled her middle name.

I called Princess, and it took about two minutes for the agent to change the spelling on the booking.

Problem solved.

:)

Good you caught the error........ even better (hopefully) your wife was 'understanding' about the error. :)

Hope you have a great cruise.