Bank of America Royal Caribbean Visa - Heads up

This from what I was told was a breach on March 1st. or at least that is when they caught it. When he said if effects thousands I thought at least it wasn't millions. I know new cards were ordered and the old numbers will be complete dead on March 22nd.

There must be more than one group, because we received an email and a call saying that our card had possibly been compromised in mid to late February and our old card is only good until 3/10. They Fed Ex'd new cards and I'm busy changing automatic charges. I am changing them to a different card, however, because this has happened to our Royal Caribbean card before, and with the seemingly permanent RCI sales, we think the benefits aren't as good - we seem to be able to use our points only for OBC instead of companion cruises.

Margy

• 1 month later...

We've had and used this card for 13 years. I've usually had good service and only once lost points due to an inept service rep and inept travel agent. It seems that we have had to have new cards issued more frequently over the last few years because of so called breaches, but this week was something else. I noticed a strange transaction on my card that I did not make. I called and after being on hold for a long while was connected to 2 different people to report this unknown transaction. The transaction was still pending so I had assumed it would be wiped away after a few days. This morning it was still there, no longer pending but posted. I called the fraud department and asked about it, not only why it was posted as going through but if I would know what happened with this transaction. I mean, did someone just accidentally enter the wrong numbers on placing an order, or did someone hack my card? They are supposed to issue me a new card which they say will be in 7-10 days. The first rep the other evening was very nice and helpful. This morning not so much. She was impatient and condescending. She told me they would take care of the charge but wouldn't know how or what happened. I'm mean... Wouldn't you think they would investigate a little, like calling the vendor? I am tempted to do so myself but I don't want to confuse the issue with the card company. So annoying!

I was never notified of the breach but was surprised by a new card on Saturday in the mail. They confirmed there was a breach but didn't necessarily mean my card was compromised. Would have been nice to get a heads up. :rolleyes:

The last two times we've been notified we're getting a new number because if s breach, we've been told as usual that we could use the old card till the new one arrived. We were traveling the first time.

When we went to charge dinner in a restaurant and it had already been cancelled. 500 miles from home. Luckily we had a couple of other cards.

Then last time it happened my card was rejected at the grocery store, had to use another one and when I home my husband said BofA called. Card will be cancelled but we can use the old one till we get the new one. They speaketh with forked tongue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 10 months later...

Beware! This is a bank of America card! We applied for the card in December to use the points for our cruise in May. The promotion on the RC website advertises 10k points with your first purchase plus an additional 7,500 points after purchases totaling 1K for a total of 17500 points. Well, we got the first 10K points but in typical BOA way, after hours of dealing with their rudest customer service, BOA is refusing to credit us the 7,500 points because according to THEIR website that is not the promotion they are offering. I've tried to give them the RC website where this offer is advertised and where I applied for the card and they won't look at it. I even had a RC rep call BoA while I was on the line and got the same response... They wil file an investigation and get back to me in about 30 days. If I had realized this was a BOA card when I applied I wouldn't had completed the application! :mad:

Beware! This is a bank of America card! We applied for the card in December to use the points for our cruise in May. The promotion on the RC website advertises 10k points with your first purchase plus an additional 7,500 points after purchases totaling 1K for a total of 17500 points. Well, we got the first 10K points but in typical BOA way, after hours of dealing with their rudest customer service, BOA is refusing to credit us the 7,500 points because according to THEIR website that is not the promotion they are offering. I've tried to give them the RC website where this offer is advertised and where I applied for the card and they won't look at it. I even had a RC rep call BoA while I was on the line and got the same response... They wil file an investigation and get back to me in about 30 days. If I had realized this was a BOA card when I applied I wouldn't had completed the application! :mad:

I have problems also with BofA Royal Caribbean card.

I charged $730 for a Mardi Gras party during our Cruise to New Orleans this party was at a place called 709 Events , well 709 didn't live up to the deal and burned over 220 cruises

I contacted BofA last Monday they said to allow 30 days will 55 minutes after I called to dispute the charge I received a call saying DISPUTE declined and case was closed.

They refused to even listen to my plea . We paid all the money for Grand Stand viewing only to find NO GRAND STANDS according to Bank of America I should have left since I didn't leave the moment we seen no grand stand I was not entitled to any money back.

here is the direct quote from the Bank of America "We understand that you weren't satisfied with the outcome of the service the merchant provided , but they have the right to receive payment for any services that were rendered"

Good Bye Bank of America

I have problems also with BofA Royal Caribbean card.

I charged $730 for a Mardi Gras party during our Cruise to New Orleans this party was at a place called 709 Events , well 709 didn't live up to the deal and burned over 220 cruises

I contacted BofA last Monday they said to allow 30 days will 55 minutes after I called to dispute the charge I received a call saying DISPUTE declined and case was closed.

They refused to even listen to my plea . We paid all the money for Grand Stand viewing only to find NO GRAND STANDS according to Bank of America I should have left since I didn't leave the moment we seen no grand stand I was not entitled to any money back.

here is the direct quote from the Bank of America "We understand that you weren't satisfied with the outcome of the service the merchant provided , but they have the right to receive payment for any services that were rendered"

Good Bye Bank of America

Miz....

I see they are still in business. I hope you said your peace on their facebook page. Also hit them on Trip Advisor.

Are you doing a TA in 2018?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Miz....

I see they are still in business. I hope you said your peace on their facebook page. Also hit them on Trip Advisor.

Are you doing a TA in 2018?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

No TA in 2018 yet

Trip Advisor wouldn't accept reviews on 709 Events

The BBB has 709 rated as a D+