Bank of America Royal Caribbean Visa - Heads up

You are looking to see if you have two account numbers listed instead of one. If you just have one account number, then yours has not been compromised, and they have not had to give you a new number.

Got my answer. Thanks!:)

Thanks for the heads up. Our account was included in that replacement group, I received emails and traditional mail notifying us of the breach and replacement cards coming - all went smooth except need to update auto-pay accounts with new account info. The banks are responsible for any fraudulent charges so they are quick to react and change cards to ensure they minimize their exposure. Good to see consumer protected.

Thank you for this information.

Were new cards ordered for everyone or just those affected?

Just those affected.

I was told my card ending in 8845 would be good for the next 2 weeks or until my new card arrives , however I tried to use it last night and it was dead.

when I went back online to check my account the original account ( the one ending in 8845 ) was totally gone from the account totally new account numbers everything transfered over.

Thanks for the heads up. Our account was included in that replacement group, I received emails and traditional mail notifying us of the breach and replacement cards coming - all went smooth except need to update auto-pay accounts with new account info. The banks are responsible for any fraudulent charges so they are quick to react and change cards to ensure they minimize their exposure. Good to see consumer protected.

I never received any email or text from BofA about the breach.

Nothing on mine except the horrible balance from a large car repair bill!

Sorry to hear about the large car repair bill. many years ago in the early days of the Royal Caribbean Visa card they would have specials such as double points in the Summer for gas purchases and auto repairs. or double for food purchases etc. sadly those days are gone and there are so many better cards out there . I mostly now only use it for my cruise purchases.

Just got this email from BOA. Glad I am home for a while.

Bank of America®

Security Alert: We're Issuing You a New Card To Help Keep Your Information Safe

Credit Card ending in XX0X

KAREN,

We're letting you know your card may have been part of a compromise at an undisclosed merchant. This doesn't mean that fraud has or will occur on your account and as always, you are not liable for fraudulent transactions when reported promptly. However, as a precaution, we're issuing you a new card which will arrive soon.

You may continue to use your current card until your new card arrives. Once you receive your new card, the old one will no longer be valid. Please activate your new card as soon as you receive it. Keep in mind, your current credit card will deactivate on 03/22/2016.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I reported this on Tuesday

Today I get this ( hoping its the same but what took them so long ! ) :

Bank of America®

Security Alert: We're Issuing You a New Card To Help Keep Your Information Safe

Credit Card ending in ****

We're letting you know your card may have been part of a compromise at an undisclosed merchant. This doesn't mean that fraud has or will occur on your account and as always, you are not liable for fraudulent transactions when reported promptly. However, as a precaution, we're issuing you a new card which will arrive soon.

You may continue to use your current card until your new card arrives. Once you receive your new card, the old one will no longer be valid. Please activate your new card as soon as you receive it. Keep in mind, your current credit card will deactivate on 03/22/2016.

Your security is important to us

We're continuously monitoring your account; however, if you do notice any charges you didn't make, please call us at 800.793.5755, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Security Icon Your last sign-in was 03/04/2016

To verify that this email is from Bank of America, confirm your last sign-in date is correct. To access Online or Mobile Banking, go directly to bankofamerica.com or use our Mobile Banking App.

Remember: We never ask for private information such as an account number, card PIN, or Social Security or Tax ID number in email messages. If you think an email is suspicious, don't click on any links. Instead, forward it to abuse@bankofamerica.com and delete it.

This is a service email from Bank of America. Please note that you may receive service emails in accordance with your Bank of America service agreements, whether or not you elect to receive promotional email.

Read our Privacy Notice.

Please don't reply directly to this automatically generated email message.

Bank of America Email, NC1-028-09-01, 150 N College St., Charlotte, NC 28255

Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender

© 2016 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved.

Pretty standard. Nothing new here. Have received a new card twice in the past year because of the same issue. Doesn't really amount to anything besides a new card and number. Of course if you use it to pay bills for points and you have auto-pay you have the biggest hassle of the entire ordeal to go and add your new card to all those accounts.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Better yet.... cancel that RCI card and open an account with Barclays. Get 2 points credited to travel expenses on every purchase, then a 5% bonus when you cash in. Open a Barclarys Arrival MC and get 40,000 points bonus when you charge $3000. in first 90 days. Blows the BOA RCI card out of the water.

I have another BofA Visa account and received a new card a couple of days ago because of a breach. The letter said an "unnamed merchant" and now I am wondering if it was Royal Caribbean as I used my Visa a few weeks ago to book Allure of the Seas.

So, if anyone has a BofA Visa, it might be good to check for charges that aren't yours even if it isn't a Royal Caribbean Visa.

Pretty standard. Nothing new here. Have received a new card twice in the past year because of the same issue. Doesn't really amount to anything besides a new card and number. Of course if you use it to pay bills for points and you have auto-pay you have the biggest hassle of the entire ordeal to go and add your new card to all those accounts.

Yep it is standard but they only when there has been a data breach somewhere that I have used my card in the past.

Again this started with two account showing up for my Royal Caribbean Visa card, when that happened is when I should have received that email not 5 days after I questioned it. They read the alert they received on March 1st about the Data Breach.

IF you have an up coming cruise and have already entered your Visa card info into your Set Sail account you will need to update that and re print your passes.

I have another BofA Visa account and received a new card a couple of days ago because of a breach. The letter said an "unnamed merchant" and now I am wondering if it was Royal Caribbean as I used my Visa a few weeks ago to book Allure of the Seas.

So, if anyone has a BofA Visa, it might be good to check for charges that aren't yours even if it isn't a Royal Caribbean Visa.

When I questioned the second mystery account with BofA Visa and was read the March first statement on the breach he stopped when he got to the name of the merchant LOL of course he refused to tell me who it was, then went on to say I have nothing to worry about that it was caught before any charges were made on my account

Yep it is standard but they only when there has been a data breach somewhere that I have used my card in the past.

Again this started with two account showing up for my Royal Caribbean Visa card, when that happened is when I should have received that email not 5 days after I questioned it. They read the alert they received on March 1st about the Data Breach.

IF you have an up coming cruise and have already entered your Visa card info into your Set Sail account you will need to update that and re print your passes.

Thank you for that info. I will do just that for all 3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Fortunately I was not impacted by the latest merchant data breach.

When a breach is identified, Visa will send a list of cards used at that merchant impacted by the breach.

It costs a lot of money to reissue a card for any reason. Now with the 'chip' it's even more expensive. That's why Visa will go after the merchant to recover reissue costs.

You are not required to reprint set/sail/pass. I learned that long ago from these boards.

Our new BOA card was delivered right before our last cruise and we simply handed them the new card.

Good to know, but I have personally seen delays when the last 4 digits didn't match the card handed to the processing agent at the port .

About a month ago,BoA replaced our Alaska airlines credit card as well. Apparently an unnamed merchant had a data breach and they were taking no chances. We were given an end date for our current card and a new one was already on its way to us. Everything went smoothly for us.