Tendering in Juneau

CruisingCoral

I'm going to be on the 10 day Grand Princess cruise this summer to Alaska from San Francisco and we'll be tendering in Juneau since there will be four other ships in port with us-Island Princess, Explorer of the Seas, Celebrity Millennium, and the Silver Whisper. Does anyone know where the tender dock is? I've noticed that the Princess ship that normally does the 10 day to Alaska tenders so I'm just curious if anyone knows and if they have pics of it. Thanks!

I'm going to be on the 10 day Grand Princess cruise this summer to Alaska from San Francisco and we'll be tendering in Juneau since there will be four other ships in port with us-Island Princess, Explorer of the Seas, Celebrity Millennium, and the Silver Whisper. Does anyone know where the tender dock is? I've noticed that the Princess ship that normally does the 10 day to Alaska tenders so I'm just curious if anyone knows and if they have pics of it. Thanks!

Not Princess but we Tendered in Juneau last June on the Solstice here is a photo of ships docked and us tendered. You see 2 HAL and 1 Princess ship docked and the Solstice out in the middle.

18831627824_f431b533e3_b.jpg

Not Princess but we Tendered in Juneau last June on the Solstice here is a photo of ships docked and us tendered. You see 2 HAL and 1 Princess ship docked and the Solstice out in the middle.

Thank you for the picture! Did the tenders dock on the bottom right of the picture?

Taking a Ruby cruise to Alaska in May and just curious where that incredible picture was taken from.

Thank you for the picture! Did the tenders dock on the bottom right of the picture?

Yes, tenders dropped us off to the right of that photo, just in front of the Holland America ship

here are a couple more...

19268044679_20e70efa91_b.jpg

18833511043_69b76f00f9_b.jpg

19454065135_4458676bdd_b.jpg

19458368651_c110126d29_b.jpg

Edited by LouTheGlue

Yes, tenders dropped us off to the right of that photo, just in front of the Holland America ship

here are a couple more...

19268044679_20e70efa91_b.jpg

18833511043_69b76f00f9_b.jpg

19454065135_4458676bdd_b.jpg

19458368651_c110126d29_b.jpg

Thank you so much! I know they are redoing the docks to allow larger cruise ships to dock so I'm curious how that set up will go.

I am so amazed when someone asks a question on cruise critic; the answers flow back; and sometimes they come with pictures. This thread is great; ask a question and get back several colorful answers. Thanks

I didn't realize that Juneau was ever a tender port....so, how would one know if their ship will be docking or not?

We are on Grand Princess, the Aug 29th sailing this year. So, in Juneau on Thursday, September 1.

Thanks,

Mary

It usually is reflected in your itinerary. Although rare it can get very congested on certain dates pushing some ships to anchor. :(

I didn't realize that Juneau was ever a tender port....so, how would one know if their ship will be docking or not?

We are on Grand Princess, the Aug 29th sailing this year. So, in Juneau on Thursday, September 1.

Thanks,

Mary

Here is a link to Juneau Cruise Ship Schedule http://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Juneau-JNU-2016.pdf

Match the Birth Code with this list http://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Berth-Codes-1.pdf

Then there is a map of the cruise port here http://cruiseportwiki.com/Juneau

I believe your cruise shows being docked at the same dock as the Princess Ship in the photo I posted earlier...but as Colo Cruiser mentioned earlier it should be listed on your itinerary.

Great info Lou!! Thanks for sharing!

Lou,

I have been pasting bits and pieces of info on ports and putting it together. The info you posted makes it SO much easier. Thanks! :)

You're very welcome, Glad I was able to provide some information for everyone.

I'm browsing the Princess Boards because we are interested in a Royal or Regal cruise next Fall/Winter, so I may have some questions of my own as we prepare to try Princess.

• 10 months later...