Summit Bistro on 5

llarosa

Just off the Equinox and ate at the Bistro twice. It was as good as ever' date=' we always get the crepes. Sometimes it was empty and sometimes it was 3/4 full. Just like sometimes Cafe al Bacio is empty and sometimes a line!!

[/quote']

Really, Cafe El Bacio is sometimes empty! I swear on our Eclipse sailings every seat has been occupied from opening to closing every day. Some people seem to spend all day there. We've given up going there and expecting to find a place to sit. We just go for take out now and grab a seat somewhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really, Cafe El Bacio is sometimes empty! I swear on our Eclipse sailings every seat has been occupied from opening to closing every day. Some people seem to spend all day there. We've given up going there and expecting to find a place to sit. We just go for take out now and grab a seat somewhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, often empty! We enjoyed just grabbing our coffee to go, to bring to breakfast or back to our balcony. Quick and easy. That being said, sometimes there were no seats to be found at al Bacio. Most of the time, easy peasy.

I'm sailing on Summit in May and I really hopping for the sushi. I feel celebrity is missing a place with nice sushi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sushi us served in the buffet at 5pm every night, free.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got official word via Captian Kate (on instragram)... Bistro on 5 will not be converted to Sushi on 5 with this dry dock. It will stay a Bistro on 5.

Just off the reflection a couple of weeks ago. I was also not happy about the Sushi on five- but must say- after experiencing it have changed my mind. We do not eat sushi, but many other options to enjoy "cooked" food. They had a Ramen noodle soup with big chucks of lobester, and other great Ramen soups. They had dumplings also. I was told by the restaurant manager that they would gradually introduce other cooked food options for those guests who enjoy terrayaki style food.

Also, I found that Sushi on Five had many more guests most days then at Bistro on Five. I guess you have to give it a chance if it comes. Currently if you really dislike seafood-as my DH currently Sushi on Five really isn't for you. Since we had the unlimited dining option on the Reflection, he just enjoyed a Martini at Sushi on Five, while I sampled some cooked food. We then went to the Grill for his lunch.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I certainly hope that all those who keep applauding Bistro on 5 actually start to eat there....$'s talk....posts here don't. If it continues to remain essentially empty, other than officers having a quiet coffee meeting, it will and should be replaced by something....sushi, mongolian barbeque, BBQ, ethiopian....could be anything.

How about something Vegan/Vegetarian? ;)

I am looking forward to our Bistro on 5 visits this May, while on board the constellation. Hope it stays!

Heather

• 2 weeks later...
Just off the reflection a couple of weeks ago. I was also not happy about the Sushi on five- but must say- after experiencing it have changed my mind. We do not eat sushi, but many other options to enjoy "cooked" food. They had a Ramen noodle soup with big chucks of lobester, and other great Ramen soups. They had dumplings also. I was told by the restaurant manager that they would gradually introduce other cooked food options for those guests who enjoy terrayaki style food.

Also, I found that Sushi on Five had many more guests most days then at Bistro on Five. I guess you have to give it a chance if it comes. Currently if you really dislike seafood-as my DH currently Sushi on Five really isn't for you. Since we had the unlimited dining option on the Reflection, he just enjoyed a Martini at Sushi on Five, while I sampled some cooked food. We then went to the Grill for his lunch.

This is great news! Thanks for sharing!

I personally do not like Sushi, but I would definitely try any cooked items such as soup, noodles, or dumplings...and most certainly any teriyaki offered.

That being said, I hope they still have Bistro on 5 on Summit in October when I sail!! ;)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

We will be on the Summit again in August. The family members joining us on this cruise have never been on the Summit and I would like them to dine in Bistro on Five. Sushi on five will not work for them unless the terrayaki dishes are available. None of them eat seafood cooked or raw. I am crossing my fingers that the transition dosen't occur before then.

We will be on the Summit again in August. The family members joining us on this cruise have never been on the Summit and I would like them to dine in Bistro on Five. Sushi on five will not work for them unless the terrayaki dishes are available. None of them eat seafood cooked or raw. I am crossing my fingers that the transition dosen't occur before then.

I will be on the Summit the week after you 8/14 and I am crossing my fingers, toes and anything else that I can hoping Bistro on Five is still there too! Not one of us are sushi fans and the cooked food that might be offered will probably be nothing different than I can get in a local restaurant.

Also will be with family that has never been and was hoping to have them enjoy lunch there the day we board!

We were on the Summit earlier this month and I don't think I ever saw more than two people in the Bistro on 5. We looked at the menu and thought it was okay - but didn't try it. I'm wondering if it is used more for lunch when there are more days at sea? (We had only one day at sea.)

If I were Celebrity, I would definately think about changing it over to something that is more popular with the guests.

We were on the Summit earlier this month and I don't think I ever saw more than two people in the Bistro on 5. We looked at the menu and thought it was okay - but didn't try it. I'm wondering if it is used more for lunch when there are more days at sea? (We had only one day at sea.)

If I were Celebrity, I would definately think about changing it over to something that is more popular with the guests.

Actually on the Reflection in March the Bistro was changed to Sushi on five and it had many people in it- not only on boarding day but everyday. When we were in one port, a couple of other Celebrity captains who had ships that were docked at the same port ( think it was St Maarten) joined our captain for lunch at Sushi on Five. The Reflection is the first ship that had implemented the Sushi on Five and I "assume" other ships will follow in the months ahead.

Again, I am not a fan of Sushi- never will eat it- but apparently many people are- But as I had said in previous posts on this thread, Sushi on Five intends to roll out more cooked food including meat and veggie dishes.

I think it may be here to stay for now.