Summit Bistro on 5

llarosa

Rather see a conversion to Mongolian or Korean BBQ. I think sushi is too much a niche market....Plus, I hate fish of all kinds :mad:

We ate at Bistro On 5 once. We could take it or leave it.

I'm sailing on Summit in May and I really hopping for the sushi. I feel celebrity is missing a place with nice sushi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I will be on the Summit 11/19/17 and I am looking forward to a delicious steak in the Bistro! I am sure there will be some sushi in the Buffet! Bon Voyage!

I certainly hope that all those who keep applauding Bistro on 5 actually start to eat there....$'s talk....posts here don't. If it continues to remain essentially empty, other than officers having a quiet coffee meeting, it will and should be replaced by something....sushi, mongolian barbeque, BBQ, ethiopian....could be anything.

I certainly hope that all those who keep applauding Bistro on 5 actually start to eat there....$'s talk....posts here don't. If it continues to remain essentially empty, other than officers having a quiet coffee meeting, it will and should be replaced by something....sushi, mongolian barbeque, BBQ, ethiopian....could be anything.

My sentiments, exactly!!!

If it's non sushi, we will continue to eat there several times per cruise for lunch, brunch...had planned on adding 2 dinners as well when we saw the new daily specials menu, as well, but not if sushi only!

I'm sailing on Summit in May and I really hopping for the sushi. I feel celebrity is missing a place with nice sushi.

I saw review from another Celebrity ship and the reviewer seemed to know sushi very well -- and said the sushi was mediocre. From the pictures they provided - - to me it looked like low quality sushi that would not be as good as the typical strip-mall sushi place.

So i'm fine if it won't be on my upcoming cruise. Now, if they sushi is GOOD - -and they charge for it, I'd be more than happy with the new venue.

We will be on the Summit for the first time in August. I'm hoping to go to the Bistro when we get on board and have lunch there. DH is in a wheelchair and I thought that would be a good place for us to eat and relax a bit before our cabin is ready. Looking forward to giving it a try out!

We ate there in Dec 2015. It was free for us in port days since we stayed in suite. Service was slow even just with 4 people in the restaurant and crepes were cold. BO5 was always empty and it could be changed for another food place which would be more appealing to crowd.

IMO even we like sushi, we would not spent money in sushi restaurant on the ship.

Edited by cruza

I saw review from another Celebrity ship and the reviewer seemed to know sushi very well -- and said the sushi was mediocre. From the pictures they provided - - to me it looked like low quality sushi that would not be as good as the typical strip-mall sushi place.

So i'm fine if it won't be on my upcoming cruise. Now, if they sushi is GOOD - -and they charge for it, I'd be more than happy with the new venue.

Hmmm....I must have read a different review. The review I read said the rolls were pretty good as well as the nigiri with flavored rice. Negative comments were about the wasabi, the limited number of fish choices and the size of the noodle soups. Overall, it was quite a postive review that said the sushi was much higher quality than they used to serve free in the buffet area. The pictures also looked quite good, far from the mediocre sushi served locally. They also have several sakis that are on the classic and/or premium packages.

I'm going to give it a try, if I'm on a ship that offers sushi.

So happy Bistro on Five is staying as is on the summit. My husband and I enjoyed it on the Silhouette three times during our last seven day cruise. The thought of eating in the buffet every day with it being so crowded just didn't appeal to me.

We sail on the Summit in April and I look forward to their onion soup and great salad. My hubby loves their burger. Worth the extra money!

I vote for a Johnny Rockets! Those burgers, shakes and Sundaes .... Yum.:D

I'd like to see them change it to a plain old Pizza place. Get various pizza's, maybe some subs and some Italian dinners like Spaghetti and meatballs, veal parm, etc.

Just off the Equinox and ate at the Bistro twice. It was as good as ever, we always get the crepes. Sometimes it was empty and sometimes it was 3/4 full. Just like sometimes Cafe al Bacio is empty and sometimes a line!!

The service is quick, especially considering they had to make us gluten-free crepes special order. Embarkation day however was slow, to be expected with the crowd. We didn't mind at all, because our rooms were not ready.