Smoked salmon at breakfast?

T8NCruise

HAL calls Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon "Eggs Royale".

On the Noordam last May we had every breakfast in the Pinnacle. I can't be sure what it was called on the menu, but the waiter (we had the same waiter almost every day) always called it "Eggs Neptune" when he delivered it. I had that every second day.

On the Noordam last May we had every breakfast in the Pinnacle. I can't be sure what it was called on the menu, but the waiter (we had the same waiter almost every day) always called it "Eggs Neptune" when he delivered it. I had that every second day.

Maybe he called it that because you were in a Neptune suite :D;).

Yes, that's the name. As much as I like smoked salmon I'm not fond if it that way.

Neither am I.

I used to go with the smoked salmon and bagel, until one ship started burning every bagel I ever ordered! I like the grilled salmon much better anyways!

v

That is another reason I do not eat sashimi...too woogly. If I could pass it over a flame a few times it might tempt me...LOL:D

Are you sure you aren't thinking of gravlax vs smoked salmon?

Grilled salmon is served at breakfast in the lido or dining room?

Never much cared for smoked salmon......too woogly for me:o

I know exactly what you mean.:D Woogly is an excellent word for it.

So I guess neither of you wants to hear about the awesome fresh oysters I enjoyed recently :D

What is gravlax? Sounds awful:confused:

I entered "what is gravlax" in google and the very first and second responses provided an explanation of the differences between smoked salmon and gravlax.

So I guess neither of you wants to hear about the awesome fresh oysters I enjoyed recently :D

How about a nice grilled ribeye, hence the name CowPrincess....not woogly oysterprincess.

Bury it in tabasko and lemon juice so it is unrecognizable.....quite possibly swallowable.;)

Grilled salmon is served at breakfast in the lido or dining room?

Never much cared for smoked salmon......too woogly for me:o

The Japanese Breakfast has grilled salmon! In the MDR, not sure if this is available in the Lido, as we rarely go there for breakfast.

c

The Japanese Breakfast has grilled salmon! In the MDR, not sure if this is available in the Lido, as we rarely go there for breakfast.

Now this sounds good.....grilled salmon,,,,,,Japanese breakfast. You will find me in the MDR.

I entered "what is gravlax" in google and the very first and second responses provided an explanation of the differences between smoked salmon and gravlax.

The last time we saw gravlax served on a ship, it was as an appetizer. Quite good I might add.

Edited by Typhoon1

Yes, gravlax is often served as an appetizer.

Smoked salmon has many uses but is most commonly known with bagels and cream cheese. :) Certainly, there are many other ways it is incorporated into menus/dishes.

Edited by sail7seas

How about a nice grilled ribeye, hence the name CowPrincess....not woogly oysterprincess.

Bury it in tabasko and lemon juice so it is unrecognizable.....quite possibly swallowable.;)

Oh yeah I'm good with a ribeye :) but prefer filet. Medium to med rare please. Do you want me to discuss beef tataki, and how I sometimes make it as a special treat? Probably not ;)

Hmmm maybe I should ask Walt if I can change my screen name :)