Putting spending limit on kids cards

jchris1230

My step kids (15 & 13) will be in a seperate room across the hall. They have each saved their own amount of money to bring.

Can we have guest services put a limit on their cards for a certain amount? That way they can't over spend on the account.

Thank you for any help!!

My step kids (15 & 13) will be in a seperate room across the hall. They have each saved their own amount of money to bring.

Can we have guest services put a limit on their cards for a certain amount? That way they can't over spend on the account.

Thank you for any help!!

Yes you can. My brother did it on his last cruise with his two sons.

Tony

OMG!!!! Funny story about our first family cruise. So we were stationed with the AF in Hawaii. Hubby deployed overseas from there for 6 months making some good extra money that we squirreled away to treat all our family to a nice, 2 week cruise for Christmas.

When we got our final "bill" (and back then, it was delivered the last day of the cruise, not available with a simple swipe of your card as is today), we had about a $300 charge to our 9 yr old SON'S card that we could not imagine!!! When asking him, seems he had been "giving my card to get my friends drinks because they were free".....LOL

He had NO idea they were being charged, and we all had a great laugh over it!!!!!

Edited by Debe7ing

Are you going on NCL? This is a Princess board. I'm not sure if NCL has limits or not. You might want to ask the same question over there.

Why would you think I am going on NCL? We did go on the NCL Getaway last Oct. (Ship was to darn big IMO) but we have a cruise on the Ruby Princess April 8.

OMG!!!! Funny story about our first family cruise. So we were stationed with the AF in Hawaii. Hubby deployed overseas from there for 6 months making some good extra money that we squirreled away to treat all our family to a nice, 2 week cruise for Christmas.

When we got our final "bill" (and back then, it was delivered the last day of the cruise, not available with a simple swipe of your card as is today), we had about a $300 charge to our 9 yr old SON'S card that we could not imagine!!! When asking him, seems he had been "giving my card to get my friends drinks because they were free".....LOL

He had NO idea they were being charged, and we all had a great laugh over it!!!!!

That is funny, but maybe not the moment you find out LOL.

Yes, you can place a limit on their cards down at the customer service desk. You can also go down and take off the credit card and simply put their cash down. When the cash on the account is spent there can be no more charging.

Yes, you can place a limit on their cards down at the customer service desk. You can also go down and take off the credit card and simply put their cash down. When the cash on the account is spent there can be no more charging.

That is exactly what I wanted to hear. My step son is addicted to games. On a cruise we did a year and a half ago he spent all his money on the first day, in the arcade.....ugh. His sister is the frugal one, she usually has money left.

Many years ago......one night our son showed up at the table in the MDR for dinner with a new ring on his finger! He was 11 and it was $800. Needless to say we made a trip right back to the shop onboard to return it! I had their cards shut off for charges....period. :eek:

Wow that is funny. Kids will be kids. My mother would have killed me. I don't think I ever seen $300. When I was 9 years old. Great story I love it. :D :D

Tony

Many years ago......one night our son showed up at the table in the MDR for dinner with a new ring on his finger! He was 11 and it was $800. Needless to say we made a trip right back to the shop onboard to return it! I had their cards shut off for charges....period. :eek:

OMG to funny!! Although in the moment, I would not have been laughing

These stories of cruise spending gone wild are hilarious! It's great you guys were so good-natured about it; that'd be tough! Thank goodness they do allow parents to lock down their kids' accounts. When I was a teen, I didn't even consider using my card for anything that hadn't been approved by my parents. In fact, I liked virgin strawberry Daquiris so much that I would make bets with my dad for months leading up to our cruise, and every win for me meant another onboard Virginia strawberry Daquiri. I earned enough to have one a day the whole cruise, and it was quite a fun treat!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app