Actual Decrease in Drink Packages haha

Just found out about this when logging into my booking for Allure about an hour ago. Can confirm status on the following salings:

Allure - april 17th 2016 - discount applies to all packages.

Majesty - april 25th 2016 - no discount.

Majesty - april 29th 2016 - no discount.

Anthem - november 27nd 2016 - discount applies to all packages.

Cheers everyone :D

Pattern Found - My Ship, Liberty, not included - Not that it won't keep me from checking.

I took all the reports from this thread and did an analysis. It looks like the discounts are only being offered on 9+ day cruises EXCEPT for:

Allure of the Seas thru 5/15/16 sailing at least. Then price goes back up by 5/29/16 (Memorial Day start to Summer).

Jewel of the Seas - 7/17/16 out of Rome

Please point out if you have been able to get a discount on a 7 day sailing (besides the Allure).

OP - Thanks so much for this thread. Sounds like you saved a lot of people some money (or cost them since they weren't going to buy a pkg and now they are! :p)

should actually be a discount based on C&A society level.

Platinum 10%

Emerald 15%

Diamond 20%

Diamond 25%

Pinnacle 30 %

Vision was giving Pinnacle 50% off on last fall's transatlantic.

Again, it's NOT on the website. It will ONLY appear in your Cruise Planner IF your sailing is offering a discount.

You must go into your My Cruises page. Click on your reservation. Click on Cruise Planner.

I'm well aware of how to get this discount, as I am the OP that started the thread :D

I was continuing to look into it to see if I could find any more details to answer questions that have been posted, but alas I have had no luck and was simply saying that.

Thanks though :)

OP - Thanks so much for this thread. Sounds like you saved a lot of people some money (or cost them since they weren't going to buy a pkg and now they are! :p)

haha touche! You have got a point there that I didn't think of! :)

haha touche! You have got a point there that I didn't think of! :)

I have 3 2017 sailings. None are available, but I would have bought for anthem in February if it was there. Let them hold my money for 11 months. Probably won't buy at full price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

2 Cruises, 2 different prices in CAD

Oasis- Aug 13, 16

Select $52, Premium $65, Ultimate $78

Freedom- March 12, 17

Select $56, Premium $76, Ultimate $89

I take it all back... sneaky sneaky. The Oasis did not include gratuity, whereas Freedom did.... No sale, just RCI being RCI.

Damn....

I take it all back... sneaky sneaky. The Oasis did not include gratuity, whereas Freedom did.... No sale, just RCI being RCI.

Damn....

But they've applied different percentages.

$65 --> $76 is around 18%, but

$78 --> $89 is only 14%

Just got on my 2nd the of B2B on Serenade in Aug 2016:)

Not available on 1st leg. :(

That's consistent with what I was finding since it looks like your 1st leg is only 8 days but your 2nd leg looks like it is 16 days.

So far from what's been reported only Allure of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas have offered the discount on 7 day cruises. Everyone else's cruise on this thread that received the discount appear to be on 9+ day cruises.

So what's special about the Allure?

And it's not all the Allure's bc mine doesn't have it

Yes, so far it looks like it is just for April (after March's Spring Break & Easter sailings) and mid to late May. I haven't seen anyone mention the May 22nd sailing, but prices definitely seem to go back up for the summer starting Memorial Day weekend, if not sooner. :(

It is currently the biggest ship in the fleet.

Oops - Duh - of course!! Looks like it's just for a couple of months also. Then again I'm still not sure why they are discounting the drink packages on the 7 day Allure but not the 7 day Oasis.

Edited by YadaYadaJodi

I just added this to my cart (and will remove), because I wanted to see what it said about gratuities. Below the select the guests option was this:

"A 18% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.

Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they're added to your shopping cart. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order, and then make your purchase(s) again."

Maybe the gratuity charge is cruise by cruise, too? Would be nice if it were included.

The price (without the gratuity) is $47.20/day for the Ultimate (includes Premium and Royal Replenishment) package.

If we want a drink during the day (unlikely), we just buy as we go. We hit the Diamond Lounge at 5:00 before dinner and will go again after dinner.

Maybe it's only on longer cruises? Ours is 12 days. I didn't know anything about it until one of our roll call members told us. As I said though, we don't drink enough to warrant the cost. Sometimes I wish I could, though. A lot of those drinks look so good, but I just can't. :(

Oops - Duh - of course!! Looks like it's just for a couple of months also. Then again I'm still not sure why they are discounting the drink packages on the 7 day Allure but not the 7 day Oasis.

Allure won the coin flip.