Electrical outlets

travellover3

This will be my 7th cruise on Princess, but it is the first that my DH will have a CPAP machine with him. I have never noticed if there are any outlets on or near the night stands. Or do I need to bring an extension to plug in at the desk?

I use a cpap and bring a bar along. It is like the surge protector but with out the surge protector... Forget what its called! Then we have enough plugins for ipad and phones... I plug it in by the hairdryer on the desk and it reaches just fine...

Edited by Nanaoften

I use a cpap and bring a bar along. It is like the surge protector but with out the surge protector... Forget what its called! Then we have enough plugins for ipad and phones... I plug it in by the hairdryer on the desk and it reaches just fine...

Yep. Don't use a surge protector. Ships are grounded differently the on land, no need for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is an outlet under the bed - but it is a European plug. I bought a converter at Radio Shack and we use it for my CPAP. You lose a bedside light, but it is worth it to us. We also bring a strip for the desk for all our iPads, iPhones and cameras.

We are on the Regal in September. Both my wife and I use CPAP's. I have watched cabin videos, looked at cabin pictures and ask questions. On the Regal it seems they have outlets at the desk which is beside the bed.

We travel alot and I have 2-6foot extension cords I always bring along so I have lots of options on how I am going to connect our CPAPS's. I have a great little travel surge strip that works great on land. Am working on getting something similar with no surge protections for on ships.

Hope this helps

Happy Cruising

• 2 months later...

I was also wondering about the outlets, and if there were any near the bed. I'll be in a balcony cabin (D629) on Coral, and I was wondering if I would be able to plug in a heating pad near the bed if I should need it (back issues). And I read this and realized my DH has a C-PAP machine also. Are the outlets near/under the bed on the Coral also the European type? I guess I should just bring a power strip and an extension cord, as suggested here, to be on the safe side.

If you notify special needs they'll have one in the cabin for you.

I request the extension cord and distilled water for my CPAP in the cruise personalizer. Never had a problem with them being provided by Princess. Certainly lightens the packing load.

We've always brought a power strip with us, but on our one day cruise on earlier this month from Vancouver to Seattle we were warned Princess does not allow them. We were allowed to keep it though and bring it onboard. On our 5/20/16 one day cruise from Vancouver to Seattle it was confiscated at security and given back to us at the end of the cruise. We were told Princess no longer allows them to be brought on the boat.

Not sure if this is a recent change or overzealous security at Vancouver, but we've never had a problem before these two cruises.