empress first 6 sailings canelled

baron9

I am glad you get so much enjoyment out of torturing me.;) If we ever meet, you owe me a bunch of drinks.

I thought Enchantment was one of your personal faves; why booking Majesty? :confused:

Also, look at the MSC boards. I lobbed a nice softball there right up your alley ;)

This will come as no surprise to anyone, I assume.

I just got off the phone with a lovely man at the C&A D+ desk.

I was calling to make final payment on my Empress cruise of May 19, which I am assuming will happen. :eek:

As we were chatting, I asked how things had been going with the cancellations.

He agreed with me that people were very unhappy that no other options were offered other than another Empress cruise, a Majesty cruise or a refund.

He also told me that all they were allowed to say was printed on a sheet of Talking Points.

So, you suspected it was true. It's true. There IS a sheet of "talking points".

:D :D :D

I just got off the phone with a lovely man at the C&A D+ desk.

Are there different phone numbers per tier? Like a C&A Emerald Desk? C&A Diamond desk?

If so, where are the numbers found?

Are there different phone numbers per tier? Like a C&A Emerald Desk? C&A Diamond desk?

If so, where are the numbers found?

No there is only a D+ and Pinnacle line, but after hours, it is actually routed to any available agent. Other tiers have the C&A phone number. :)

we too where on the April 11th Empress Cruise going with friends. I called Royal and waited on hold for over and hour, I asked about other alternitives and they said if I wanted to go on the Navigator it would be an addiotional $894 dollars. I then asked about other ports, Canaveral and Tampa, and was pretty much told that could not be done with out paying the differencek which I didn't mind, but after reading somepeople got that cruise for an additional 200, why was I quoted over 400$ a person? Since we were traveling with friends this was going to be a nightmare. Lucky for me I was able to confrence in my friend and we decided to go on the May 9th Empress cruise. I knew I would have no trouble in changing days at work, my husband is retired, and my friend has her own business and her husbands job is flexable with vacation. From start to finish it took a little over 5 hours to rebook cruise, change flights and request a change in hotel days. The April 11th had a nicer Itinery, now we are on a cozmel overnight.

I am glad you get so much enjoyment out of torturing me.;) If we ever meet, you owe me a bunch of drinks.

Grills, in between your two PC Majesty cruises. You said it was a great place to go for port visits. A B2B is kind of a port visit

There is the factor of credit limits on credit cards. Not everyone has extra credit to cover a situation such as this where the provider of goods or services can't deliver on what was agreed upon when the charge was placed. There is a delay for the refund. I sympathize with the OP. Not their fault.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have had success in calling a credit card company to get a temporary increase in my ceiling. A $6500 Celebrity booking I wanted to put on my Celebrity-branded card with a $5000 limit. Last minute thing, no time to do a partial payment, pay off the card, then do another payment. The card company acted totally cool with the whole deal.

we too where on the April 11th Empress Cruise going with friends. I called Royal and waited on hold for over and hour, I asked about other alternitives and they said if I wanted to go on the Navigator it would be an addiotional $894 dollars. I then asked about other ports, Canaveral and Tampa, and was pretty much told that could not be done with out paying the differencek which I didn't mind, but after reading somepeople got that cruise for an additional 200, why was I quoted over 400$ a person?

Royal's argument for this is different cabin purchases. IE an interior on Empress vs Interior on Navigator is probably really close in price, compared to an Empress JS and a Navigator JS.

But...BUT Royal's argument is flawed because the price of the cabins right now on Navigator, Indy, Allure etc. (all other cruises leave around same time as cancelled Empress sailings) are ridiculously over priced.

Maybe so Royal can convince a few saps to pay $894 for an "upgraded" cruise when in fact you wouldn't have paid as much had you booked the Navigator rather than Empress. Also so Royal can tell you "No Majesty" since they overpriced the other sailings

Grills, in between your two PC Majesty cruises. You said it was a great place to go for port visits. A B2B is kind of a port visit

Very possible, assuming the Majesty cruises are not cancelled :rolleyes:, and we're at Terminal 1. Make sure to remind me.

Edited by clarea

I have had success in calling a credit card company to get a temporary increase in my ceiling. A $6500 Celebrity booking I wanted to put on my Celebrity-branded card with a $5000 limit. Last minute thing, no time to do a partial payment, pay off the card, then do another payment. The card company acted totally cool with the whole deal.

The Royal Caribbean credit card was issued with a $5000 limit initially. I called them the same day that we received it, and told them it was meant to be a vacation card.

She asked to pull and review my credit report and it was immediately raised to $10,000. It later went up to $14,000.

We are still seriously considering cancelling the RC card for one with better benefits. :)

My husband and I are ROYALLY disappointed that our cruise was cancelled with not even having as much as a 2 week notice. We can only afford to go on vacation every 2 years and this would have been our first vacation as a family with our 21 month old daughter (who has special needs). For the past 21 months, we have delt with our daughter having 30+ broken bones, 7 surgeries, countless x-rays and CT scans, therapy four times a week, doctors’ appointments, arguing with insurance companies to get her what she needs, etc. We even planned her 8th surgery around this vacation and we wanted her to have a good time before being stuck in another spica cast for 8 weeks. This vacation was something that we desperately needed for our family…we needed to spend some time together without thinking about doctors, appointments, therapies, and surgeries; we needed to get away and forget about “life” for a while.

Thankfully, our daughter is too young to understand what is going on and sadly, the “compensation” that Royal Caribbean is offering won’t do us any good because this is the only time that worked out for us. Maybe, just maybe, if they would have let us (and everyone else) known sooner, then we could have been able to come up with something else to do. I just don’t understand why they didn’t let everyone know about this sooner.

So for anyone who says to “get over it” or “stop whining,” I say get a clue…and a life! You have no idea what is going on in anyone’s life to give you the right to say anything like that. Would you say something like that to a child whose wish (from the “Make A Wish” foundation) was to go on this cruise? Or how about to a couple whose last chance was this cruise to save their marriage? There are so many reasons why people are disappointed and ALL of the reasons are valid no matter what they are! You have no idea what is going on in anyone’s life to give you the right to say anything; so shut it!

I hope I didn’t offend anyone…I just needed to vent.

My husband and I are ROYALLY disappointed that our cruise was cancelled with not even having as much as a 2 week notice. We can only afford to go on vacation every 2 years and this would have been our first vacation as a family with our 21 month old daughter (who has special needs). For the past 21 months, we have delt with our daughter having 30+ broken bones, 7 surgeries, countless x-rays and CT scans, therapy four times a week, doctors’ appointments, arguing with insurance companies to get her what she needs, etc. We even planned her 8th surgery around this vacation and we wanted her to have a good time before being stuck in another spica cast for 8 weeks. This vacation was something that we desperately needed for our family…we needed to spend some time together without thinking about doctors, appointments, therapies, and surgeries; we needed to get away and forget about “life” for a while.

Thankfully, our daughter is too young to understand what is going on and sadly, the “compensation” that Royal Caribbean is offering won’t do us any good because this is the only time that worked out for us. Maybe, just maybe, if they would have let us (and everyone else) known sooner, then we could have been able to come up with something else to do. I just don’t understand why they didn’t let everyone know about this sooner.

So for anyone who says to “get over it” or “stop whining,” I say get a clue…and a life! You have no idea what is going on in anyone’s life to give you the right to say anything like that. Would you say something like that to a child whose wish (from the “Make A Wish” foundation) was to go on this cruise? Or how about to a couple whose last chance was this cruise to save their marriage? There are so many reasons why people are disappointed and ALL of the reasons are valid no matter what they are! You have no idea what is going on in anyone’s life to give you the right to say anything; so shut it!

I hope I didn’t offend anyone…I just needed to vent.

Well said, those saying stop whinning are the ones that hide behind the computer screen and don't have marbles to say it to people's faces.

As a cruise passengers I find what Royal has done here is wrong and no way to treat the customers. Royal made this mistake and they need to own it and work towards making the customers happy. What they offered was more a slap in the face than a attempt to fix the situation.

As a owner and shareholder (very very tiny share) I am even more upset with Royal and believe the company has some deep problems that need to be addressed. Short of sinking a ship, this year Royal has been a PR nightmare. And this is reflected in a 25% lost of stock value in 2016.

They never should have booked these early cruises, if any questions about the ship being ready. And if a major problem was found it should have been at the start of the process, not when the ship was set to come out of dry dock. Maybe it is time for a management change.

Well said, those saying stop whinning are the ones that hide behind the computer screen and don't have marbles to say it to people's faces.

OMG Garavar, are you seriously saying your situation is similar to kbset?? Your parents raised you as a special snowflake. kbset's child has serious issues.

Good gravy, reality is going to be harsh!

###

OMG Garavar, are you seriously saying your situation is similar to kbset?? Your parents raised you as a special snowflake. kbset's child has serious issues.

Good gravy, reality is going to be harsh!

###

I never said my situation was remotely similar. I praised the poster for standing up for themself and calling out the rude people on this board.

Where did I say my situation is similar? And what is my situation? I have said nothing.

Mheinrich...adding extra nights and such is on you...that is not RCIs fault. People can be livid, I would of been, but you choose to be on a phone for supposedly 6 hours so... It's one thing to vent, but your piling on lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When rich people, I effected, going on 4 b2b cruises (which we think is ridiculous period but it's a free country) chimes in with "sentiment", LOL Really!!?? Go get a spa treatment cause NO one cares about your cruising plans. Totally irrelevant. Now...for those who got screwed...I can't imagine! Royal should of bent over backwards and "Wow"d you all...take a hit $$$, but get amazing PR! Where guests could say wow...they screwed up huge but they took amazing care of us! (Hospitality ...15 years)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So its ok to cancel the cruise because some people can afford to make changes? Talk about envy, I bet michigan45 is green with jealousy. So if No one cares why did you post about it?

I would be upset too and I am not wealthy, so is my anger ok then? So sick of class warfare mentality. Name one person who doesnt want to be wealthy....

RCCL dropped the ball and making ANYONE change plans on the fly is bad and they should offer more OBC or a discount to reboom, that is just good customer service.