Red Frog Rum Tervis Cup Question

sc4125

I tried to do a search for an answer, but couldn't find anything. If I have CHEERS and I purchase a tervis cup from Red Frog or Blue Iguana - is it true that the bartender will fill the cup when I order a drink? I read this somewhere from one C.C.er, but never saw it confirmed. Just wondering as it would be nice to keep the drink cold when out on deck.

We have the Red Frog and Blue Iguana tumblers and just poured the drinks in them ourselves. I have seen it mentioned here on CC that the tumblers do tend to sell out quickly, so we bought ours on the first day of the cruise, right after boarding the ship.

I purchased a Blue Iguana tervis and when I order my drink I hand it to the bartender to fill. I don't pour my drink into it because Carnival's selling point of buying the cup is that you get a 16oz drink for the price of a 12oz. I have used the cup at all the bars on the ship (except Alchemy).

I purchased a Blue Iguana tervis and when I order my drink I hand it to the bartender to fill. I don't pour my drink into it because Carnival's selling point of buying the cup is that you get a 16oz drink for the price of a 12oz. I have used the cup at all the bars on the ship (except Alchemy).

With the CHEERS package??

I didn't have Cheers but I purchased one and just handed it over each time and they filled out without any problems. Was able to do it at any bar.

And I was getting a full 16 Oz pour for a 12 Oz price as someone else said. No extra tip necessary.

Edited by TerReuv

I didn't have Cheers but I purchased one and just handed it over each time and they filled out without any problems. Was able to do it at any bar.

And I was getting a full 16 Oz pour for a 12 Oz price as someone else said. No extra tip necessary.

When you say 16 oz pour - I assume you mean they fill the glass.

But my question is....if you order say a Captain and Coke - aren't you getting just more Coke?? I'm guessing the alcohol content is the same as the 12 oz glass....no??

Thank you for this information. This is what I was asking when I originally asked the question. I knew I heard that if you bought the cup that they would refill it (the 16oz vs 12oz.

I also appreciate all those who answered "just pour it in yourself." Gee, I never would have thought of that (lol)!!

When you say 16 oz pour - I assume you mean they fill the glass.

But my question is....if you order say a Captain and Coke - aren't you getting just more Coke?? I'm guessing the alcohol content is the same as the 12 oz glass....no??

Good question. However, I was drinking fruity slushy drinks. I can tell you that they were just as strong as if I had purchased the smaller size. So, it didn't seem like it was more mix than alcohol.

Good question. However, I was drinking fruity slushy drinks. I can tell you that they were just as strong as if I had purchased the smaller size. So, it didn't seem like it was more mix than alcohol.

That makes sense to me...if your drink is frozen, like a Margarita, then I assumed they would just fill the glass. They make the drink in the blender - no change in ratio - you just get more of it in your 16 oz glass.

But I'd still like to hear from anyone who used it for mixed drinks. My gut reaction is a single shot of whatever and more mixer to fill the glass.

Not worth buying the glass for more mixer - IMHO! ;)

Edited by happy cruzin