Query regarding feedback on Early Saver

laurenpie

Hi,

Earlier today I found that there was a significant different in cost of a cruise that I have booked.

I filled out the Early Saver form and was advised via return email that this has been approved and the difference was applied via OBC. This actually was not the case, nothing was applied to my cruise OBC (I have paid in full)

This was a large difference in what I had paid, so I called Carnival to query this. The lady I spoke with told me that she couldn't do anything and that I would need to send it through again and detail in the comments section about what I had seen/what was not applied.

I did this, filled out another form and was advised again via return email that it was approved. But again, nothing was applied to my account.

Again, called Carnival and the man I spoke with started out very helpful, he confirmed what I already knew and advised that he would speak with his manager to see if it could be applied.. After he came back, he advised me that he has not seen that rate at all (& completely different to the conversation we were having before he put me on hold)

I am really unhappy with this service. I never make a fuss about anything like this, but it was at least $500 difference that was showing up which clearly is a large amount.

Is there someone perhaps via email that I can contact about this? By phone Carnival are not any help at the moment.

Hi,

Is there someone perhaps via email that I can contact about this? By phone Carnival are not any help at the moment.

I had an Early Saver request rejected on one occasion. I e-mailed "earlysaver@carnival.com" with my request for them to review the information I provided. 1 business day later I received a response that they had reviewed my request and approved the OBC.

The OBC from Price Protection never shows up on the account page, but is reflected in the cruise documents.

Good Luck.

I had an Early Saver request rejected on one occasion. I e-mailed "earlysaver@carnival.com" with my request for them to review the information I provided. 1 business day later I received a response that they had reviewed my request and approved the OBC.

The OBC from Price Protection never shows up on the account page, but is reflected in the cruise documents.

Good Luck.

Thank you, I have just done that.

Did you take a screen shot of the rate? That is always advisable. That way you can submit it with the form and if there are questions or issues you have a copy of the sale and the rate you were matching to.

If you have a screen shot, I would go up the chain. Best solution. Also, might be good to get a PVP with Carnival as then you wouldn't have to just call the 800 number and get whoever you get. You would have someone to work with and fight for you.

Go look at your cruise docs. It should have the OBC credit listed there. I don't know why the online accounting doesn't show it, but that's how it is on my account. Only I just have $70, not $500. Way to go!

I sent an email to the address previously mentioned, they got back me today advising it can't be honored, didn't explain why.

I didn't take a screen shot, lesson learnt there for the next time..

I have checked my cruise docs, sitting at $60 - i guess look at the positives, that is better than nothing :)

If the rate is still at the lower price, you should just call Carnival and tell them you would like to apply for a price drop. Say nothing about the other issue you had. If the person you speak with says you need to fill out the form first, say thank you, hang up and call back again. There is no way I would give up on a $500+ price drop if it was legit. Can't hurt to try again.

If the rate is still at the lower price, you should just call Carnival and tell them you would like to apply for a price drop. Say nothing about the other issue you had. If the person you speak with says you need to fill out the form first, say thank you, hang up and call back again. There is no way I would give up on a $500+ price drop if it was legit. Can't hurt to try again.

That rate unfortunately is gone now.

I'll just have to keep an eye out. :)