New suite perks

ambkch22

So I get a bottle of water.... I got one of those free on my last cruise in an oceanview... does this mean I get two now? I will say Im curious about enhanced turn down service... what does that mean!?!

This reads weird - complimentary in-suite bottled water

I wonder if its bottled water that is replaced every day etc... doesnt sound like 1 bottle , guess need to wait for JH to say something so we can ask

I got the same email just now. I have an OS booked in 3 weeks and a havana cabana booked on the repo in November. I'm just as curious as everyone else what the water means and the enhanced turndown service...

Yeah no mention of the cabin being ready on embarkation which is annoying.

Also wonder how much bottled water you get & what the enhanced turn down service is.

It is a start, but come on. Need a few more perks for suite passengers.

Just got this email , i think these are the new perks

Dear Carnival Guest,

We'd like to take this opportunity to provide you some important information regarding a change to our gratuity guidelines.

Our gratuity guidelines will be increasing from $12.00 to $12.95 per person per day for guests sailing in standard staterooms and $13.95 per person per day for guests booked in suites with cruises departing September 1, 2016 and onward. In tandem with this change, in addition to priority embarkation and debarkation in all ports and confirmed main dining room preference, suite guests will now receive priority tender service, complimentary in-suite bottled water and one complimentary bag of laundry per voyage, as well as an enhanced turndown service. Guests who have pre-paid their gratuities as of May 9 will not be affected by the increase.

While gratuities are automatically added to your onboard Sail & Sign account as a convenience, tipping is always at your discretion. Please feel free to adjust, up or down, as you deem appropriate, by visiting Guest Services after the gratuities have been posted to your account.

Our shipboard team members work hard to provide exceptional service so we hope you will agree that this slight increase is well deserved.

We thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise!

Sound like a load of nothing, but we are building a new tier of tips for suite guests. But please chose the option of once a day service.

I remember a Royal cruise, where Jr. suites have the same tip rate as the common sailor, but the suites have a higher tier. Knowing this, I was wondering why my steward was putting the higher rate sheet in my Jr. Suite.

Can't wait to see the breakdown. Maybe I haven't read far enough yet. And looking to see Tom and Cheryl's expert take. If anyone knows, they do.

Sound like a load of nothing, but we are building a new tier of tips for suite guests. But please chose the option of once a day service.

I remember a Royal cruise, where Jr. suites have the same tip rate as the common sailor, but the suites have a higher tier. Knowing this, I was wondering why my steward was putting the higher rate sheet in my Jr. Suite.

Can't wait to see the breakdown. Maybe I haven't read far enough yet. And looking to see Tom and Cheryl's expert take. If anyone knows, they do.

You sailing in a Carnival suite?

Yeah no mention of the cabin being ready on embarkation which is annoying.

Also wonder how much bottled water you get & what the enhanced turn down service is.

It is a start, but come on. Need a few more perks for suite passengers.

Yeah the wording from the FTTF page has been changed back to the "old" way. No mention of your room being ready or priority luggage delivery.

FASTER TO THE FUN (FTTF)

Now guests can maximize their vacation fun with Carnival's Faster to the Fun (FTTF) package. This program is available for purchase via Carnival.com Shore Excursions.

The price is per stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase Faster to the Fun and all occupants in the stateroom receive the benefits.

Cruise durations, 4 days or shorter - $49.95 USD

Cruise durations, 5 days or longer - $59.95 USD

Faster to the Fun is offered in the following home ports: Baltimore, Charleston, Fort Lauderdale, Galveston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Miami, Mobile (starting 11/19/16), New Orleans, New York, Port Canaveral, San Juan, Seattle and Tampa.

Faster to the Fun is not offered in Honolulu, Norfolk, Vancouver and home ports in Europe.

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes and express boarding lane. This is only available on embarkation day. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests as well as guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge and proceed on board before FTTF guests.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Things to Remember

The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. For guests traveling with companions in separate staterooms, one FTTF package must be purchased by each stateroom for guests to board through the Faster to the Fun lane.

After purchasing the FTTF package, guests will need to re-print their boarding pass and luggage tags so the Faster to the Fun stamp reflects on the documents.

FTTF can only be purchased prior to the cruise; no al a carte services can be purchased onboard.

Check-In typically begins at approximately 11:00am but may vary by port. The boarding process (for all guests) starts at the published time provided in the documents as long as the debarkation process from the previous cruise has ended.

A Few Facts on Faster to the Fun

VIFP Diamond and Platinum members and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are the only guests to have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge at embarkation. FTTF guests will not have this benefit so embarkation will not be impacted in the Priority Check-In Lounge.

Similar to airlines boarding first class and then elite frequent flyers, etc., we will start with VIFP Diamond and Platinum members, followed by guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations and then FTTF guests.

The number of people who may purchase the FTTF package will be capacity controlled based upon the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing.

To view Faster to the Fun FAQs, please click here.

Yeah the wording from the FTTF page has been changed back to the "old" way. No mention of your room being ready or priority luggage delivery.

Room being ready and priority luggage are in the list you pasted; unless you mean that is the "current" and it has been removed? :confused:

Room being ready and priority luggage are in the list you pasted; unless you mean that is the "current" and it has been removed? :confused:

I was confused as well

Sorry. What I meant was, in another thread and also previously on Carnival's website, they also had those benefits listed as applying to "Guests in Deluxe Suite Accommodations". Now they aren't. Let me see if I can find that thread.

Here it is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2344722

Edited by firemanbobswife

Still awaiting "the rest of the story" (if it exists)! :)

Tom

I do have to admit I thought of you when I read this last night. We will see what else they can bring to the table. I also was scratching my head on "enhanced turn down service". I am afraid to think what it means....

Edited by jimbo5544

I do have to admit I thought of you when I read this last night. We will see what else they can bring to the table. I also was scratching my head on "enhanced turn down service". I am afraid to think what it means....

Now we know why they have confiscated everyone's handcuffs. Enhanced turn down is about to get kinky. Guess I will be disappointed if I don't get my handcuffs.:mad:

Now we know why they have confiscated everyone's handcuffs. Enhanced turn down is about to get kinky. Guess I will be disappointed if I don't get my handcuffs.:mad:

I think you're mistaken - that's their new "Enhanced Turn On" perk, not turn down... ;)

Tom