Oasis of the Seas Boardwalk View - Last cabin or 3 down?

The reason they put the sofa next to the balcony in ALL the cabins designated for 3 people (on Oasis/Allure/probably same on Harmony) is because the sofa IS the 3rd bed, and when it is opened up as a bed it constricts passage in the cabin, therefore being a safety issue if it were placed between the real bed and the cabin exit. There is very little space between the end of the sofa bed and the vanity once that sofa bed is opened. You can barely get through to the balcony with the bed opened, but during the day when it is just a sofa, it creates a roomier feeling living space right by the balcony, which is nice when you have 3 people in those cabins! :D

9028782610_3a57e06731_c.jpg

Oasis_Boardwalk_Balcony_Cabin_3198.JPG

77640ee944c9ffe62b556986ddf2ea60.jpg

Thank you for clarifying the room layout. That does make sense now. Also, I truly appreciate the pictures of the cabin. They give me a perfect view of what to expect. I am thankful for all your help with my decision. I went ahead and booked 9729. Thanks a bunch!!

We are just off Allure in cabin 8729. I would not choose it again. The picture of the cabin shown above seems to have a few more inches in width than our cabin did. Our cabin had only about 4 inches between the sofa bed and the vanity and one foot at the end of the bed to the wall. Only one person at a time could be out of bed. The cabin was 7 feet wide - very narrow.

The walk was way too long to get anywhere. The Oasis class ships are so huge that you won't want for exercise wherever your cabin is.

You had to be at the railing to have any view at all. There was no view from inside the cabin, except of cabins on the other side of the ship.

There was also quite a bit of movement in the cabin, even though the seas were very calm. I've been off the ship for 5 days, and I've still got mal de debarquement.

Adventure Ocean is all the way at the forward end of the ship, so that may be a consideration for your kids.

Thank you for your input. I'm glad to hear the pros and the cons of this cabin. Since I'm traveling with 3, and I don't want to spring for a Suite, our room options are limited. All the cabins available for us were around the same size. I'm prepared for a "tight" cabin, but not overly concerned. My kids are teenagers, so they are rarely in the room and won't need the kids club. They enjoy roaming the ship with their friends, so the walking shouldn't be a huge issue. I decided I'd rather have a balcony with "some" view than an OV cabin on deck 3. (that's all that was left for us)

I have had cabin 10729 on 2 cruises on Allure; I would move down one level and get that cabin. It is awesome; I love sitting on the balcony and watch the water show and people watch. Also love the ocean view. Enjoy Shirley

It's great to hear from people that have actually stayed in that particular cabin. I booked cabin 9729 and I'm going to keep and eye on 10729, in hopes of it coming open. Thanks for your opinion!

Thank you for your input. I'm glad to hear the pros and the cons of this cabin. Since I'm traveling with 3, and I don't want to spring for a Suite, our room options are limited. All the cabins available for us were around the same size. I'm prepared for a "tight" cabin, but not overly concerned. My kids are teenagers, so they are rarely in the room and won't need the kids club. They enjoy roaming the ship with their friends, so the walking shouldn't be a huge issue. I decided I'd rather have a balcony with "some" view than an OV cabin on deck 3. (that's all that was left for us)

The teen club is aft on Oasis, so they're all set if they do want to hang out in the Living Room or Fuel. ;)

It's great to hear from people that have actually stayed in that particular cabin. I booked cabin 9729 and I'm going to keep and eye on 10729, in hopes of it coming open. Thanks for your opinion!

I would not be too worried about moving up the one deck! When I stayed in 10729, as great as it was, I often thought it would be even better to be down one deck, on deck 9!

Below is a link to some photos I found here on Cruise Critic that are taken from "your" balcony - 9729.

Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43152089&postcount=5

Glad you did that. I was getting ready to say "stop asking and book one of those choices before they're all taken.

Enjoy the cabin.

Roy

Why ???? You're lucky to have booked #9729...no need to keep stressing

I would not be too worried about moving up the one deck! When I stayed in 10729, as great as it was, I often thought it would be even better to be down one deck, on deck 9!

Below is a link to some photos I found here on Cruise Critic that are taken from "your" balcony - 9729.

Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43152089&postcount=5

Bonnie, you have been a tremendous help with all your information and pictures. You've convinced me to just keep the cabin I have and stop worrying about it. I was making it a much bigger deal than it needed to be. haha Besides, our friends are right down the hall on deck 9, so it would be silly to move up to deck 10. Thanks a ton!!!

I had 9329 on Oasis a few years ago. I loved that location ! We had great views of the aquatheatre and the wake. It was interesting to watch the shows from our balcony. While it was a long walk, we liked that to force us to get some exercise for all of those great meals! It was very easy to find the cabin as others have posted.

Great to hear!!! Thanks!!!

We have 11329 on the Oasis in December. Looking forward to the view. It was not showing as available when I booked so I called my RCCL vacation planner and it was showing available on her site. Don't trust what you see on the web site we view. She grabbed it for me immediately and I am ready to pack. We had an ocean balcony on the Allure a few years ago but decided to see what a Boardwalk balcony has to offer. Any balcony is great in my book.

I had 9329 on Oasis a few years ago. I loved that location ! We had great views of the aquatheatre and the wake. It was interesting to watch the shows from our balcony. While it was a long walk, we liked that to force us to get some exercise for all of those great meals! It was very easy to find the cabin as others have posted.

That's what I keep telling myself...... Long walk = guilt free eating.... hahahaha

We have 11329 on the Oasis in December. Looking forward to the view. It was not showing as available when I booked so I called my RCCL vacation planner and it was showing available on her site. Don't trust what you see on the web site we view. She grabbed it for me immediately and I am ready to pack. We had an ocean balcony on the Allure a few years ago but decided to see what a Boardwalk balcony has to offer. Any balcony is great in my book.

I agree with you about the balconies. I usually have an OV balcony, so this will certainly be something different. That was the appeal to me. My kids are excited about being able to see all the action on the Boardwalk. I had the same thing happen to me regarding the cabin. RCCL showed my cabin unavailable, but it actually was available, so I booked it right away. I just wish it was this June, instead of next year! haha

You can also just look down at Johnny rockets in the morning after you wake up to see how busy they are for breakfast. If you get up and dressed and see they aren't busy, it is not too far to run down and get a table for a cooked to order breakfast that is no additional charge. Only available on oasis class ships too!

You can also just look down at Johnny rockets in the morning after you wake up to see how busy they are for breakfast. If you get up and dressed and see they aren't busy, it is not too far to run down and get a table for a cooked to order breakfast that is no additional charge. Only available on oasis class ships too!

Oh, that's great news for my kids. They love Johnny Rockets. I thought there was a charge to eat there?

Oh, that's great news for my kids. They love Johnny Rockets. I thought there was a charge to eat there?

Breakfast at JR is free on Oasis class. Extra charges at lunch and dinner.

• 3 months later...
I have sailed in 10729 and it was great! I would absolutely take the end aft cabin on deck 9 before taking the 3rd from last on deck 10! The end balconies are great! Deck 9 will be awesome! Enjoy!

Hi Bonnie, We just booked 10329 on Oasis have you ever had this cabin ?

any thoughts ? Thanks

Hi Bonnie, We just booked 10329 on Oasis have you ever had this cabin ?

any thoughts ? Thanks

I had 10729 (on Oasis) which is the same end boardwalk cabin as you, but on the opposite side of the Boardwalk (the balcony directly across from your balcony). I shared it with my adult daughter and at the time teenaged son. We loved the cabin! It was a novelty for sure. Normally we go for the ocean facing balconies, but not once did we regret having that balcony facing the boardwalk/Aqua Theater. And we had a great view of the ocean as well, so didn't feel like we were missing out on anything! I thought having the last boardwalk balcony on deck 10 was just about perfect for people-watching and viewing the various shows in the Aqua Theater.

I had 10729 (on Oasis) which is the same end boardwalk cabin as you, but on the opposite side of the Boardwalk (the balcony directly across from your balcony). I shared it with my adult daughter and at the time teenaged son. We loved the cabin! It was a novelty for sure. Normally we go for the ocean facing balconies, but not once did we regret having that balcony facing the boardwalk/Aqua Theater. And we had a great view of the ocean as well, so didn't feel like we were missing out on anything! I thought having the last boardwalk balcony on deck 10 was just about perfect for people-watching and viewing the various shows in the Aqua Theater.

Thank you so much !