Oasis of the Seas Boardwalk View - Last cabin or 3 down?

I'm looking to book a cabin on the Oasis and have read many reviews stating the last cabin in the BWV category was the best to get. Specifically, a lot of people suggested #10729. I normally book a cabin midship, so was hesitant to book so far aft. Many reviewers complained of the long walk. I don't mind the walking, but was worried my children would not be happy about it. So, after much thought, I decided it was a beautiful view and worth the extra walking. Unfortunately, that particular cabin is no longer available. (even though it was still open a couple hours ago!) My question is this... Would it be better to book a cabin 3 from the end (#10725) or drop down one floor and still have the very last cabin (#9729)? I was worried that deck 9 might not be high enough to enjoy ocean views. My options are limited because I have 3 people in our cabin. My friends traveling with us only have 2 in a cabin and they have a much better selection of cabins. Any pictures, advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

I was in 10725 in September 2015. We had a great view for a Boardwalk Balcony. I did think it might have been better to be in the aft most room for the better ocean view but it wouldn't have been much better.

I've never stayed in a Deck 9 Boardwalk Balcony so I can't comment on that.

I have not stayed in that room, but have been researching this quite a bit after booking 10293, and 11293 on Harmony. As far as Boardwalk rooms go I don't think you can do much better than any of these. I would grab 9729. FYI - the bed is away from the balcony.

watch this for 10727 and 10729 videos

Do you think it would be better to go down to Deck 9 and be the last cabin, or stay on Deck 10 and be the 3rd from last cabin?

I have sailed in 10729 and it was great! I would absolutely take the end aft cabin on deck 9 before taking the 3rd from last on deck 10! The end balconies are great! Deck 9 will be awesome! Enjoy!

we have a b2b booked on oasis in cabin 10329 which I believe would be 10729 but on the opposite side of the ship. is that one available? i don't think there is much difference.

Hi tinkertwo.... #10729 is the cabin I was going to originally book, but someone beat me to it today. I was very disappointed, but can only blame myself for not booking it when I found it available.

The only other available cabin on the very end is on deck 9. I just wasn't sure if that deck was high enough for good views. Thanks for your help.

I have not stayed in that room, but have been researching this quite a bit after booking 10293, and 11293 on Harmony. As far as Boardwalk rooms go I don't think you can do much better than any of these. I would grab 9729. FYI - the bed is away from the balcony.

watch this for 10727 and 10729 videos

Well, I certainly appreciate your input and the pictures. I prefer to have the configuration of the bed next to the balcony, but that doesn't seem to be an option for me. All the cabins I've looked that will accommodate 3 people, have the setup with the bed next to the closet. Seems a little odd, since there will be additional people in the room. Thanks for all your help.

I have sailed in 10729 and it was great! I would absolutely take the end aft cabin on deck 9 before taking the 3rd from last on deck 10! The end balconies are great! Deck 9 will be awesome! Enjoy!

THANK YOU!!! I was really hoping someone would have an opinion as to which cabin would be the better choice. I did all my research on 10729 and was convinced that was the best of the "aft" boardwalk cabins..... I haven't been able to find anyone that has been on deck 9 and raved about it (as opposed to all the wonderful reviews for deck 10). Thanks for your advice!

I'm looking to book a cabin on the Oasis and have read many reviews stating the last cabin in the BWV category was the best to get. Specifically, a lot of people suggested #10729. I normally book a cabin midship, so was hesitant to book so far aft. Many reviewers complained of the long walk. I don't mind the walking, but was worried my children would not be happy about it. So, after much thought, I decided it was a beautiful view and worth the extra walking. Unfortunately, that particular cabin is no longer available. (even though it was still open a couple hours ago!) My question is this... Would it be better to book a cabin 3 from the end (#10725) or drop down one floor and still have the very last cabin (#9729)? I was worried that deck 9 might not be high enough to enjoy ocean views. My options are limited because I have 3 people in our cabin. My friends traveling with us only have 2 in a cabin and they have a much better selection of cabins. Any pictures, advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

A different line of reasoning:

Take 9729.

Kids will never get lost.

Just tell them: Last cabin at the end of the hall.

:D

Those last cabins are always in high demand.

Couldn't you take 9729 and waitlist 10729? You of course can always watch on your own for it to become available again. If it's a cruise in 2017, lots of things can and do change before final payment.

We book cabins we're o.k. with if nothing changes but often look after booking for a path to a better location within the category.

John

We're excited to have all four of the aft cabins (9729,27,25 &23) booked on deck #9... on HOTS...now our only concern is how much of that view we'll actually have because of the Abyss...oh well ;)

Well, I certainly appreciate your input and the pictures. I prefer to have the configuration of the bed next to the balcony, but that doesn't seem to be an option for me. All the cabins I've looked that will accommodate 3 people, have the setup with the bed next to the closet. Seems a little odd, since there will be additional people in the room. Thanks for all your help.

The reason they put the sofa next to the balcony in ALL the cabins designated for 3 people (on Oasis/Allure/probably same on Harmony) is because the sofa IS the 3rd bed, and when it is opened up as a bed it constricts passage in the cabin, therefore being a safety issue if it were placed between the real bed and the cabin exit. There is very little space between the end of the sofa bed and the vanity once that sofa bed is opened. You can barely get through to the balcony with the bed opened, but during the day when it is just a sofa, it creates a roomier feeling living space right by the balcony, which is nice when you have 3 people in those cabins! :D

9028782610_3a57e06731_c.jpg

Oasis_Boardwalk_Balcony_Cabin_3198.JPG

77640ee944c9ffe62b556986ddf2ea60.jpg

We are just off Allure in cabin 8729. I would not choose it again. The picture of the cabin shown above seems to have a few more inches in width than our cabin did. Our cabin had only about 4 inches between the sofa bed and the vanity and one foot at the end of the bed to the wall. Only one person at a time could be out of bed. The cabin was 7 feet wide - very narrow.

The walk was way too long to get anywhere. The Oasis class ships are so huge that you won't want for exercise wherever your cabin is.

You had to be at the railing to have any view at all. There was no view from inside the cabin, except of cabins on the other side of the ship.

There was also quite a bit of movement in the cabin, even though the seas were very calm. I've been off the ship for 5 days, and I've still got mal de debarquement.

Adventure Ocean is all the way at the forward end of the ship, so that may be a consideration for your kids.

We are just off Allure in cabin 8729. I would not choose it again. The picture of the cabin shown above seems to have a few more inches in width than our cabin did. Our cabin had only about 4 inches between the sofa bed and the vanity and one foot at the end of the bed to the wall. Only one person at a time could be out of bed. The cabin was 7 feet wide - very narrow.

The walk was way too long to get anywhere. The Oasis class ships are so huge that you won't want for exercise wherever your cabin is.

You had to be at the railing to have any view at all. There was no view from inside the cabin, except of cabins on the other side of the ship.

There was also quite a bit of movement in the cabin, even though the seas were very calm. I've been off the ship for 5 days, and I've still got mal de debarquement.

Adventure Ocean is all the way at the forward end of the ship, so that may be a consideration for your kids.

I'm pretty sure all the boardwalk balcony cabins are the same size regardless of location. I agree though that the angle of the photos I posted above make it look roomier than it actually felt! There is no question those cabins are tight with 3 passengers and the sofa bed extended! But, I have also sailed in standard ocean view balconies on Oasis/Allure and those cabins are set up exactly the same way....small and tight!

If you are going to book a Boardwalk balcony then I still think the best choice is the furthest aft cabin on either deck 9, 10, or 11! Granted the view from inside the cabin is of other boardwalk balconies across from you, but the view from the balcony itself has a little bit of everything to see! Ocean - Aqua Theater - Zip line - and everything that goes on all over the Boardwalk itself! It is a fun and happening place!

The good news is that Oasis/Allure are such amazing ships with SO much to do, you are almost never IN your cabin anyway! :D

I'm pretty sure all the boardwalk balcony cabins are the same size regardless of location. I agree though that the angle of the photos I posted above make it look roomier than it actually felt! There is no question those cabins are tight with 3 passengers and the sofa bed extended! But, I have also sailed in standard ocean view balconies on Oasis/Allure and those cabins are set up exactly the same way....small and tight!

If you are going to book a Boardwalk balcony then I still think the best choice is the furthest aft cabin on either deck 9, 10, or 11! Granted the view from inside the cabin is of other boardwalk balconies across from you, but the view from the balcony itself has a little bit of everything to see! Ocean - Aqua Theater - Zip line - and everything that goes on all over the Boardwalk itself! It is a fun and happening place!

The good news is that Oasis/Allure are such amazing ships with SO much to do, you are almost never IN your cabin anyway! :D

ALL of the balcony cabins are the same size on Oasis class ships.

D of any number, oceanview; boardwalk view; central park view.

The cabins themselves are the same pre-fab units.

:)

Couldn't you take 9729 and waitlist 10729? You of course can always watch on your own for it to become available again. If it's a cruise in 2017, lots of things can and do change before final payment.

We book cabins we're o.k. with if nothing changes but often look after booking for a path to a better location within the category.

John

That's a great idea and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Thanks for your help!

I have had cabin 10729 on 2 cruises on Allure; I would move down one level and get that cabin. It is awesome; I love sitting on the balcony and watch the water show and people watch. Also love the ocean view. Enjoy Shirley