New! Register to Attend OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

Of course. In that scenario, I would be the weak link. What part don't you understand?

Its very simple if you signed up and didn't show up you are at fault. Carnival represented. Cruise Critic didn't.

You chose to not attend for whatever reason.

Well if they are watching here, what would you want them to do?

I would want them to host the M&M they advertised...."Carnival will host private parties for Cruise Critic members who have signed up prior to sailing – a private room and refreshments and snacks will be provided by the cruise line."

Been on fourteen or so cruises and went to a Cruise Critic M&G ONCE. Won't make that mistake again....

My PERSONAL thoughts is that CC is grasping at straws to keep this web site relevant in today's social media world. The addition of having CCL sponsor M&G's in some way won't help substantially. Based on feedback from the few M&G's sponsored so far, it doesn't appear to have made any difference.

See you on Lido deck (I'll have a Gin & Tonic in my hand)!

I would want them to host the M&M they advertised...."Carnival will host private parties for Cruise Critic members who have signed up prior to sailing – a private room and refreshments and snacks will be provided by the cruise line."

Which they did this last week on Magic.

Been on fourteen or so cruises and went to a Cruise Critic M&G ONCE. Won't make that mistake again....

My PERSONAL thoughts is that CC is grasping at straws to keep this web site relevant in today's social media world. The addition of having CCL sponsor M&G's in some way won't help substantially. Based on feedback from the few M&G's sponsored so far, it doesn't appear to have made any difference.

See you on Lido deck (I'll have a Gin & Tonic in my hand)!

I agree...

Its very simple if you signed up and didn't show up you are at fault. Carnival represented. Cruise Critic didn't.

You chose to not attend for whatever reason.

Sorry, but f I signed up for a meet and greet, I would expect it to be no later than the second day, but would prefer it to be embarkation day. To stick it 30 minutes before formal night while we were getting ready for dinner is inconvenient and outright dumb.especially 5 days into the cruise.

I would like to know who calls the time and place. That would be the missing link. And The only thing missing would be me.

My PERSONAL thoughts is that CC is grasping at straws to keep this web site relevant in today's social media world.

THIS. You said it best. It's silly you cannot even mention social media sites on these forums. Our roll call on CC has I believe 4 people? Our roll call on other social media sites has 75 and counting. Most of those people don't even know about this site and the others that do, will not come to Cruise Critic due to various reasons they've mentioned.

It's 2016. Everyone has social media apps on their phone, everyone has accounts there, it's simply easy and instant. Rather than pull up a browser, come to some forum, login, find a thread, etc etc.

How do you un-register for the M&M? I registered for my sailing when this was first announced. Now I would like to un-register because without knowing the day and time of the meet I have no way of knowing if it will fit into our schedule. I'd rather back out now than be a no show.

How do you un-register for the M&M? I registered for my sailing when this was first announced. Now I would like to un-register because without knowing the day and time of the meet I have no way of knowing if it will fit into our schedule. I'd rather back out now than be a no show.

I very much want the answer to this question as well. I am not a liar, but my name on that sign up makes me one. I signed up for this before I knew how much of a joke the partnership between Carnival and this place is. I have no intention of going to this now. John and CC hate each other. I have no interest in experiencing the afterbirth of this "union".

THIS. You said it best. It's silly you cannot even mention social media sites on these forums. Our roll call on CC has I believe 4 people? Our roll call on other social media sites has 75 and counting. Most of those people don't even know about this site and the others that do, will not come to Cruise Critic due to various reasons they've mentioned.

It's 2016. Everyone has social media apps on their phone, everyone has accounts there, it's simply easy and instant. Rather than pull up a browser, come to some forum, login, find a thread, etc etc.

I would love to see private messaging active on here again as well as the ability to get instant notifications via an actual app like the other site. It would be nice to access roll calls and such. Maybe more people would participate on here then.

hi there

So if these meet and greets don't work out because most of the people that signed up don't show up we can go back to the way it was before. We will make some arrangement through our roll call and as was usually the case, most of the people wont show up.

People complained why can't Carnival arrange these meeting like the other cruise lines. Now that they do, people don't show up and complain that they didn't like the time or whatever. If you don't show up you are the problem. It isn't Carnival or CC. It really doesn't matter whether you show up or not, there is no commitment, but if you don't show up you shouldn't complain. I know people really like complaining, but in the scheme of things, this really isn't an issue that could possibly rise to the level of being worth complaining about.

happy sailing

Ours was a total bust on the 4/9/16 sailing of the Miracle. 60+ people had signed up. The room they assigned us was double booked, so we had to kick some of the entertainment staff out. Once we got in the room there was nothing...nothing...in there to indicate there was to be an event of any type taking place. I went to Guest Services, where the gal at the desk made two phone calls and finally told me no food, no beverages, no nothing. I should also note that the event listing in the Fun Times was asterisked with "Not affiliated with Carnival Cruise Lines."

We would have been better off contacting John Heald and having him arrange something for us. Lesson learned...

Edited by Jenbo57

Trumpster, your pix look great! I so wish we'd had the same experience on the Pride, 04/15 sailing. There was nothing....not even a sign telling what was going on. However, there was mention in the Funtimes, which let me know I was in the right place at the right time. Other than that.....nothing.

Trumpster, your pix look great! I so wish we'd had the same experience on the Pride, 04/15 sailing. There was nothing....not even a sign telling what was going on. However, there was mention in the Funtimes, which let me know I was in the right place at the right time. Other than that.....nothing.

Well the Magic clearly was putting on the appearance of taking it seriously, even if they hope it all goes away. But this is what 85 people looks like on Cruise Critic appearently.

Seems like they did on Trumpster's cruise, my guess is they are still working through the implementation as they have different levels of participation by staff.

Edited by jimbo5544

Seems like they did on Trumpster's cruise, my guess is they are still working through the implementation as they have different levels of participation by staff.

A guess would be speculation in an attempt to pass off as fact. With a rise of wishful thinking. You may as well state you don't know this to be true at all.

Meet and mingles are not new to CC nor to CCL. Why it can't be done with 1 example of a "success" is a major fail.

Someone let the ball fall. Sounds like a communication issue. Communication issues seem to run rampant at Carnival.

A guess would be speculation in an attempt to pass off as fact. With a rise of wishful thinking. You may as well state you don't know this to be true at all.

Meet and mingles are not new to CC nor to CCL. Why it can't be done with 1 example of a "success" is a major fail.

Someone let the ball fall. Sounds like a communication issue. Communication issues seem to run rampant at Carnival.

Actually a guess is a guess, nothing more or less. You have drawn your own conclusions already, so no need for any input for me.

Are you on the 4/8/17 Vista sailing? I thought I saw you on the roll call? (Not to steal the thread).