New! Register to Attend OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

Our's was an epic fail as well. While the event was posted in the Fun Times there were cruise staff in the room that I had to ask to leave so that we could hold our get together.

One member of our group went to Guest Services to inquire as to if we were going to get a bar tender, a member of the staff or snacks and Guest Services had no idea what she was talking about.

We still had about 15 of the 60 that registered show up and we had a nice time but this was a total fail on Cruise Critic and Carnivals part.

On the Conquest last week. Although I got an email the week before the cruise stating I'd get an invite in my stateroom for the M&M, it didn't happen. Ours was 3pm day two, the first sea day. We had 4 staff members, coffee, tea, pastries and cookies. They also provided medals, ships on a stick and Champayne to give away. We also didn't get a great turnout. I wish they would send invites and name tags like RC.

Our's was an epic fail as well. While the event was posted in the Fun Times there were cruise staff in the room that I had to ask to leave so that we could hold our get together.

One member of our group went to Guest Services to inquire as to if we were going to get a bar tender, a member of the staff or snacks and Guest Services had no idea what she was talking about.

We still had about 15 of the 60 that registered show up and we had a nice time but this was a total fail on Cruise Critic and Carnivals part.

Attendance at M&G is always such an unknown. Sounds like a much bigger "failure" on the group as opposed to Carnival to me.

Of 182 signed up about 15 people showed. That was an embarrassment for Cruise Critic. No staff were there. Had coffee, juice, tea, danish, cookies. Most said they didn't see it in the Fun Times.

I totally agree. With results like that I doubt it will last till July for our Vista cruise.

Doesnt sound like it's any different than the meet and greets that were supposed to be set up every cruise. There was an agreed upon day and time on every cruise. Just the room; nothing more. If the leader contacted John heald he'd get 2 SOASs and a couple of expire that day bottles of sparkling grapes.

Sad. RCCL/Celebrity makes them events. Even NCL. Common denominater here. It's Carnival that seems to not be able to do it.

Doesnt sound like it's any different than the meet and greets that were supposed to be set up every cruise. There was an agreed upon day and time on every cruise. Just the room; nothing more. If the leader contacted John heald he'd get 2 SOASs and a couple of expire that day bottles of sparkling grapes.

Sad. RCCL/Celebrity makes them events. Even NCL. Common denominater here. It's Carnival that seems to not be able to do it.

This is just getting started. Give it a chance. :)

On my last cruise with RCCL about 1/2 the people that signed up for it didn't show up to the Meet & Mingle.

I read on another post that several M&Ms were scheduled at main dining time even on elegant night. That's an terrible time. Mid morning or afternoon would be best.

We will see if they change the times for these. My guess is that they picked these times so that they did not interfere with lounging around on a sea day or a day in port.

Well I'm currently on the Magic and ours is tonight in vibe at 5:30 to 6:30. We will see what its all about. It was mentioned in the fun times in the daily section.

When did your cruise start again? This sounds more like a meet and farewell party.

These meet and greets should be scheduled no later than the afternoon of day two, but best the first afternoon after boarding. I mean, that's the intent.

Hello Everyone!

We are so pleased to announce our new partnership with Carnival Cruise Lines to offer you, our members, access to exclusive onboard Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Parties!

Carnival will host private parties for Cruise Critic members who have signed up prior to sailing – a private room and refreshments and snacks will be provided by the cruise line. Meet & Mingles will be held on all Carnival sailings of 7-days or longer. The day, time & location of the party will be published in Fun Times no later than the evening prior to the party.

To attend a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle on your Carnival sailing, please register here: Register To Attend

Be sure to register soon for your sailing; there is a 14-day advance notice to Carnival!

Parties will be scheduled when there are 25 or more Cruise Critic members (family & friends too) registered to attend. Here is more information about our new partnership with Carnival to bring you Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle parties.

Parties will begin for sailings in April.

We are so excited about this opportunity for our members, and hope you will all have a great time meeting each other at these Official Meet & Mingle gatherings on board your Carnival cruise!

Laura

I just signed our family up. So far there are 24 -- need 25 for the meet and mingle. Lets make this happen! :)

Well other than the time chosen by Carnival, wednesday, mid cruise, 2nd elegant night (Wednesday? ) and at 5:30

Carnival did take it seriously, the hotel director, houskeeping director and cruise director and a hostess all attended.

We had access to a bar and juice and pastries were provided. It was a nice set up.

Cruise Critic members were the weak link. 85 signed up, no more than 12 attended. 3 were kids.

I found this forum and I am new to posting, but our family of 5 from Colorado will be on this Alaskan cruise. I signed up for the Meet and Greet Also. Kids are 21, 16, 14 - girl, boy, boy. My husband and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage in October, but are taking the cruise in May. We have not been to Alaska before. We are all very excited.

Well other than the time chosen by Carnival, wednesday, mid cruise, 2nd elegant night (Wednesday? ) and at 5:30

Carnival did take it seriously, the hotel director, houskeeping director and cruise director and a hostess all attended.

We had access to a bar and juice and pastries were provided. It was a nice set up.

Cruise Critic members were the weak link. 85 signed up, no more than 12 attended. 3 were kids.

If Carnival picked the day and time, it makes them the weak link. No way I would show up after signing up with that time of day on formal night that late in the week.

If Carnival picked the day and time, it makes them the weak link. No way I would show up after signing up with that time of day on formal night that late in the week.

Huh, you knocking Carnival, I am shocked

I'm hoping someone from CC is keeping an eye on this thread. I went to the M&M on the 04/15 sailing on the Pride. It was held in the theatre, with no refreshments/snacks/not even a bar waiter to take a drink order in sight. Very embarrassing to me. I'm not sure where the ball was dropped (Carnival or CC), but IMO people will not continue to sign up and attend unless something is fixed....and quickly!:eek:

I'm hoping someone from CC is keeping an eye on this thread. I went to the M&M on the 04/15 sailing on the Pride. It was held in the theatre, with no refreshments/snacks/not even a bar waiter to take a drink order in sight. Very embarrassing to me. I'm not sure where the ball was dropped (Carnival or CC), but IMO people will not continue to sign up and attend unless something is fixed....and quickly!:eek:

Well if they are watching here, what would you want them to do?

No. When you're hanging ten off a cliff, and you're # 8, and number 4 can't hold on, 4 is the weak link. 5 through 10 are not, but are impacted by that weak link.

And if you're #8 and just drop out, #9 and #10 would disagree with you about #4 being the weak link...