New! Register to Attend OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

• 2 weeks later...
Well other than the time chosen by Carnival, wednesday, mid cruise, 2nd elegant night (Wednesday? ) and at 5:30

Carnival did take it seriously, the hotel director, houskeeping director and cruise director and a hostess all attended.

We had access to a bar and juice and pastries were provided. It was a nice set up.

Cruise Critic members were the weak link. 85 signed up, no more than 12 attended. 3 were kids.

We attended on the Freedom two weeks ago. About 30 or so had signed up. It was held on Wednesday (not 2nd dress up night on our cruise) after sail away from Jamaica at 4 pm. It was in one of the night clubs and they provided juice, coffee and pastries. The bar was available with one waiter for the purchase of drinks. There was about 7 of us that showed up. The only ships personnel besides the bartender and waiter was the cruise director. Although they made an effort, they picked a terrible time. We had early dining, so I didn't want to eat pastries that close to dinner. I suggested to the cruise director they do it on a sea day. His reply was "to much other stuff going on to make that work." If things don't improve, they might as well give it up!

5:30 is a terrible time. My whole family, 17 of us including the kids, are eating dinner at the early seating which would make it impossible for us to attend a Meet and Mingle at that time. Why can't something be set up for about 2PM? I was instructed that I'm not allowed to sign up the whole 17 of us myself. They allowed me a 5 person sign-up. So, I asked the rest of the family to come to the site and sign themselves up but I suspect they're not going to do this. If Carnival is going to hold these events at difficult or inappropriate times and not allow one member of a group to sign up the whole group, it's not going to work out well. I feel like what they're trying to do is a great thing. But they're shooting themselves in the foot in the process trying to figure out how to make it work when it just shouldn't be so hard.

Attended the one on miracle last week. Scheduled for 5:30 second formal night. Buried in the Funtimes. 57 people signed up, about 10 showed up, as well as Saffie, the CD, and a ship's officer. The ones who came had a free group shot.

They served pastries and juice No bartender. Bad time. Should have been in the afternoon earlier in the cruise.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

Attended the one on miracle last week. Scheduled for 5:30 second formal night. Buried in the Funtimes. 57 people signed up, about 10 showed up, as well as Saffie, the CD, and a ship's officer. The ones who came had a free group shot.

They served pastries and juice No bartender. Bad time. Should have been in the afternoon earlier in the cruise.

"Buried in the fun times"???? That takes some doing, it is a 48 page daily paper.

Edited by jimbo5544

"Buried in the fun times"???? That takes some doing, it is a 48 page daily paper.

Funtimes is a ship's newsletter. One strip is the hourly schedule Either you have never cruised on Carnival or your sense of humor is very strange.

It was fun, but scheduled at a very inconvenient time. Pastries and juices are not needed at 5:30pm on formal night, when most people are getting ready for dinner. Mid-afternoon would be better, (2:30-3:30pm).

Also, it was poorly mentioned in the Funtimes. We had 57 guests signed up, less than a dozen actually came. When I returned home, most postings on the message boards said that they didn't see it until it was too late. On the other hand, military get togethers were spotlighted in a special space several times.

It was fun getting together with Saffie.

Thank you for offering this opportunity to members

Cheryl Ccruisequeen Corwin

We are signed up for our upcoming Carnival Vista cruise. There are over 50 that have signed up, however if they have it at 5:30, not sure how many people will show up. We only have one sea day and that is the first day out, then it's all ports....so I can see why it would be after we sail away.

Royal Caribbean always had them at 10am on sea day. Had the usual continental breakfast items. But I haven't attended one in years.

The Meet & Mingle party used to have an officer and the future cruise consultant, along with a few wait staff. They talked about the cruise line and some of the new stuff coming out. They used to hand out nice gifts, along with a Cruise Critic note pad case. The last few that we went to only had one person and just gave out the CC note pad case.

Funtimes is a ship's newsletter. One strip is the hourly schedule Either you have never cruised on Carnival or your sense of humor is very strange.

Wife thinks it is strange, it was an attempt at humor. Should have used an emoticon.

This was a failure on the Carnival Dream last week. It was in the fun times for Noon on the first Sea Day in the Piano Bar. There were 75 signed up on our roll call. Absolutely no one showed up from Carnival. There were no officers or crew and no refreshments. About 10 cruise critic members stayed and chatted. I think most saw that nothing was set up by Carnival and didn't even bother to stop.

This was a failure on the Carnival Dream last week. It was in the fun times for Noon on the first Sea Day in the Piano Bar. There were 75 signed up on our roll call. Absolutely no one showed up from Carnival. There were no officers or crew and no refreshments. About 10 cruise critic members stayed and chatted. I think most saw that nothing was set up by Carnival and didn't even bother to stop.

The silence from Cruise Critic about this is deafening.

We were all waiting with baited breath for your input....... you being the great Carnival advocate that you are;)

I have to say that I am waiting to hear what they say too. Cruise Critic hyped this up, set up a sign up, sent us an e-mail to remind us, it was even advertised in the Fun Times, then someone dropped the ball and there was nothing. A little follow up on what happened would be nice since we made the effort to sign up and show up. This was disappointing. I had a great Carnival Dream Cruise and would never hold something like this against Carnival when booking a cruise or even Cruise Critic since I find this site to be a great source of information, but this was one of the few disappointments of our cruise last week.

Edited by Warm Breezes

I have to say that I am waiting to hear what they say too. Cruise Critic hyped this up, set up a sign up, sent us an e-mail to remind us, it was even advertised in the Fun Times, then someone dropped the ball and there was nothing. A little follow up on what happened would be nice since we made the effort to sign up and show up. This was disappointing. I had a great Carnival Dream Cruise and would never hold something like this against Carnival when booking a cruise or even Cruise Critic since I find this site to be a great source of information, but this was one of the few disappointments of our cruise last week.

This just gets more pathetic with each passing post.

I really wanted this collaboration between Carnival and CC to work....Our roll calls schedule a M&M on each cruise, so why not have someone provide snacks and soft drinks/juice, and perhaps a bar waiter???? It seemed like a win/win to me.

If the problem is the time of the meeting, or the day of the meeting, or someone not knowing where it is listed in the FunTimes, why can't Carnival/CC work together BEFORE the cruise to decide when/where the M&M will be? We could then advertise it on our Roll Call page, as we ALWAYS have in the past, and hopefully, it would be better attended.

I've never organized a M&M where we told Roll Call members, "We don't know the time, the place or the date, but please sign up NOW, and look for all the logistics in the FunTimes, but we also don't know in which days' FunTimes this info will be published!! And, if you sign up now and DON'T attend, regardless of what else is happening, because you won't know the time, place, or date, so how could you know what you will be doing during that time, then it's YOUR fault for the M&M failure".

Doomed from the start, I'm afraid.

Edited by CrimsonQueen

I really wanted this collaboration between Carnival and CC to work....Our roll calls schedule a M&M on each cruise, so why not have someone provide snack and soft drinks/juice, and perhaps a bar waiter???? It seemed like a win/win to me.

If the problem is the time of the meeting, or the day of the meeting, or someone not knowing where it is listed in the FunTimes, why can't Carnival/CC work together BEFORE the cruise to decide when/where the M&M will be? We could then advertise it on our Roll Call page, as we ALWAYS have in the past, and hopefully, it would be better attended.

I've never organized a M&M where we told Roll Call members, "We don't know the time, the place or the date, but please sign up NOW, and look for all the logistics in the FunTimes, but we also don't know in which days' FunTimes this info will be published!! And, if you sign up now and DON'T attend, regardless of what else is happening, because you won't know the time, place, or date, so how could you know what you will be doing during that time, then it's YOUR fault for the M&M failure". Doomed from the start, I'm afraid.

That pretty much sums it up.

I really wanted this collaboration between Carnival and CC to work....Our roll calls schedule a M&M on each cruise, so why not have someone provide snacks and soft drinks/juice, and perhaps a bar waiter???? It seemed like a win/win to me.

I've never organized a M&M where we told Roll Call members, "We don't know the time, the place or the date, but please sign up NOW, and look for all the logistics in the FunTimes, but we also don't know in which days' FunTimes this info will be published!! And, if you sign up now and DON'T attend, regardless of what else is happening, because you won't know the time, place, or date, so how could you know what you will be doing during that time, then it's YOUR fault for the M&M failure".

Doomed from the start, I'm afraid.

It's no different than on Celebrity. One time a bunch of people missed it because it was listed on the sign by Guest Services which was placed all the way in a back corner.

Edited by firemanbobswife

OK, this is going to be a frank and honest review of both the CCL side, and the CC side of the CC/CCL M&M debacles (IMHO) so far!:)

M & M - CC/CCL Meet and Mingle

M & G - CC Roll Call organized Meet and Greet.

We sailed the Magic last week 5/21/16.

CC - PRO

There was a sign up page dedicated to the Magic 21 May 2016 cruise.

There were 52 PAX registered for the CCL/CC M&M:)

I was able to post in the roll call several times about an informal M&G at sail away and on the first sea day.

CC - CON

I attempted to have a CC informal M&G at sail away and on the first sea day, no one attended either one. :mad:

No advance info available on CC about when the CC/CCL M&M would be held!:confused:

Only 4 people who signed up for the event attended.:confused:

CCL - PRO

The event was held in a large lounge (Vibes). There were soft drinks, coffee, tea and chocolate chip cookies available.

CCL Officers and Crew were already there when we arrived at 3:45, 1st port day. Amber Cove, DR.

The Cruise Director, Dr. E ; Hotel Director, Lyubormir G.; Entertainment Director, Lav; a Guest Relations REP and the Food and Beverage director.

Several of the officers/crew stayed for an entire hour, even though only 4 of us (CC members) were there.

The officers/crew were entirely receptive to feedback about how to change the format to make it work. Times, dates, crew attendance, venues, and more were all discussed. Even though this was only one ship, their input to the beards and CC Mgt, should help out in the long run.

CCL- CON

Poor announcement of the event. Small print in the Fun Times. Time was just after all PAX were to be onboard before sailing. (3:45 M&M, 4:00 departure)

Weather did play a part in the attendance, which again was scheduled to close to sailing on a port day.

Event should have been held on the 1st Sea Day. CCL staff claims that the only times are in the late mornings on the 1st sea day, to which we told them, PERFECT! 10:30 - 12:00:)

In closing, again this is all IMHO. I would hope that CC staff take note of this review, and work with CCL to refine the CC/CCL M&M's to make them more convenient for attendance to all CC Roll Call members.

Edited by jwjax