Sailing from Cape Liberty/Bayonne

bugsy43

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can answer a quick question for me. The last time we sailed from Cape Liberty, we still had to go through the tedious process of taking the buses between the terminal and the ship. While on that cruise, they were in the process of building a new terminal directly in front of the shop that would make boarding and disembarkation a much more pleasant experience.

From what I recalled being told at that time (3-4 years ago), it was supposed to be ready in a short amount of time.

I am therefore wondering is this new terminal up and running and for those that have sailed the old tedious way, how does this new terminal compare?

Any opinions or thoughts are welcome.

Thanks, :):)

The new terminal is very nice. It's like sailing out of any port with separate areas for boarding and disembarking passengers. It's an escalator ride and a walk across the gangway now, no bus ride. You pull up right in front of the building to drop your bags and then park. There is a short 2 min bus shuttle from the parking area to the terminal. I sailed once with the old terminal and once with the new one and it is a nice difference. Since I was there in June they opened a parking garage, so parking should be closer to the terminal now too.

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can answer a quick question for me. The last time we sailed from Cape Liberty, we still had to go through the tedious process of taking the buses between the terminal and the ship. While on that cruise, they were in the process of building a new terminal directly in front of the shop that would make boarding and disembarkation a much more pleasant experience.

From what I recalled being told at that time (3-4 years ago), it was supposed to be ready in a short amount of time.

I am therefore wondering is this new terminal up and running and for those that have sailed the old tedious way, how does this new terminal compare?

Any opinions or thoughts are welcome.

Thanks, :):)

Did the new terminal last year and it was great compared to the old system, I think we were on the ship in five minutes. AS far as the new garage, posters on the east coast departure board are suggesting that if you don't have any problem handling the luggage just go to the garage and park. They say the garage is so close there is not need to drop people off and then parking and doing the reverse on the way back. RCCL did a good job with the new terminal.

We sailed out of the new terminal last May -- it's up and running. Disembarkation was also less of a hassle. We're going out again in June and just wondering how they are going to handle luggage going to your car in the parking garage?

parking at the pier is easy. It is worth the $20/day fee. Friends of ours park at Newark Airport for $7/day and take a transfer/taxi back and forth. On a short cruise it isn't worth it. On a 2 week cruise, it can be a nice savings. I prefer parking at the pier for the convenience. Drop bags, park, and get on the ship. At the end, disembark, get bags, and drive away. It is a pleasure.