Global Entry Port Everglades?

Port Everglades website has a posting about global entry at all terminals as being "new for 2016".

Has anyone used a global entry card in 2016 which supposedly allows departing cruisers avoid long waits in line for customs? If so, what was your experience?

Thank you.

Port Everglades website has a posting about global entry at all terminals as being "new for 2016".

Has anyone used a global entry card in 2016 which supposedly allows departing cruisers avoid long waits in line for customs? If so, what was your experience?

Thank you.

Don't leave home without it.:D:D

We've used it twice at terminal 18. From ship to shuttle in under 15 minutes bypassing hundreds lining up for customs.

We get a porter and mention to them we have GE and they take us off to the right hand side, open a gate and we are next in line for customs.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Don't leave home without it.:D:D

We've used it twice at terminal 18. From ship to shuttle in under 15 minutes bypassing hundreds lining up for customs.

We get a porter and mention to them we have GE and they take us off to the right hand side, open a gate and we are next in line for customs.

Also have used twice, to the grumbles of people in the long lines. They do not have the self-service terminals yet. Best $100 I have spent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Also have used twice, to the grumbles of people in the long lines. They do not have the self-service terminals yet. Best $100 I have spent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We initially applied for our Nexus (part of GE) cards to avoid the lines when crossing the border (we drive) into the US. Finding out that it let you jump the lines for customs in FLL was an added bonus.

One other bonus for us was that Nexus cards are only $50pp for 5 years and offer all the same privileges as GE.

Yes. Have your GE card out and displayed in your hand. They will open the gate on the far right under the sign and direct you to the next available customs agent. In our case, in February (Serenade) we were directed to the handicapped line.

It saved quite a bit of time in that mess of disembarkation. :)

My friend Ken tells me the NEXUS card is even better than Global Entry!

I have been under the impression that nexus isn't able to be used when re- entering US to go thru customs. We have had Global Entry for a couple of years. Has been great coming back to U S. Was also able to use it in New Zealand when entering that country. Very nice surprise. Best $100 I have spent in a long while. Now that we can use it at some cruise terminals is an added bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have been under the impression that nexus isn't able to be used when re- entering US to go thru customs. We have had Global Entry for a couple of years. Has been great coming back to U S. Was also able to use it in New Zealand when entering that country. Very nice surprise. Best $100 I have spent in a long while. Now that we can use it at some cruise terminals is an added bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've used it twice to clear US customs re entering the US at Port Everglades. From what I have read it gives you all the same benefits as a GE card.

Can the NEXUS card be used also or just a Global Entry Card? Just wondering...

We have used the Nexus card.

Nexus is part of the group of global entry cards that also includes SENTRI and FAST.

From the CBP website,

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/nexus/global-entry-kiosks

NEXUS and SENTRI Members May Utilize the Global Entry Kiosks

All NEXUS members can enjoy the benefits of Global Entry at no additional cost through using the automated kiosks for entry at participating airports. NEXUS members will need to check their status in their Global Online Enrollment System account, as they may need to submit their 10-fingerprints or any other necessary documentation in order to receive Global Entry benefits. (GOES)

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We have nexus and used it at Terminal 18. It was amazing!! Only crazy part was one lady screaming why we bypassed the long line. LOVE it and then at the airport all craziness and we just skipped the crazy line again with TSA PRE, a must if you have small children.

Just looking into the Global Entry card. What kind of questions do they ask you at the interview for the GE card?

I don't recall many of them. They fingerprint you and take your photo, and then you chat while they send them off by email for a background check. We had a bunch of countries visited checked on our application. I explained that we are cruisers.

He replied, "Ahh cruisers, that explains it. :D"

There were a couple more about being arrested and had I ever been cited for smuggling agricultural products. (Not likely, since I am an agriculture inspector)

Edited by Coralc

Just looking into the Global Entry card. What kind of questions do they ask you at the interview for the GE card?

It depends on the person doing the interview and the information specific to the person.

My wife and I each had the interview and we each had about one question and the rest of it was devoted to taking our finger prints and photo.

However, in my case the interviewer said that she would ask more questions if I went to certain countries. The list of countries they ask you to provide are from the last five years of travel. Well six years prior to our submission we went to some counties as part of a long cruise and I suspect that might have prompted some questions.

So again this varies.

Keith

How exactly does this work? We are NEXUS members. Who/where do we first show our card to skip the line?

This is at terminal 18

We use a porter for our luggage so he takes us off th the right hand side of the terminal as you are looking at the customs inspectors. There is a gate here that they open and you will be the next in line to meet with the customs inspector. There are most likely signs although I wasn't looking for them.

It was at this point that we had to show our Nexus cards. The customs inspector just quickly looked at our passports and we were on our way. They don't have the scanners yet to be able to read the Nexus cards.

Edited by Ourusualbeach