Buying a Soda card--will they fill my bubba keg?

Hi all,

Went on a carnival cruise about 1 1/2 years ago going again in April. Getting the soda card or unlimited bubbles--whatever its called.

Last time I did not think to bring my bubba keg cup and I just kept getting puny little plastic cups from the bar. If I give them my cup even if it is a big'un will they fill that?

just wondering because I could float the boat with how much diet coke I drink ;)

Nope. You don't even get a full 12 oz can. More like 9-10 oz in a glass.

Workaround: Fill your bubba keg with ice from the lido deck water station and go around and order sodas with no ice. Repeast until bubba is full. May have to wait 5 min between refills.

Doubtful, they will only give you one 12oz can per transaction even though you have the package and they will most likely make you wait 5min between drinks. As another member said you could always just fill your cup up with ice and go for a stroll around the ship stopping at different bars and just asking for the whole can.

I suppose it depends on the bartender. We brought 24 oz Tervis cups with us on our last cruise and had bottomless bubbles. Every time we went to any bar they just filled up the bigger cup, even though it took like 1.5 cans to do it with the ice. No problems. We never had to ask them to, they just took our cups and did it. The Bubba is probably bigger though, so that may be harder to get them to do.

I would have to doubt it, unless you are tipping, and establish a relationship with a bartender. However, I too drink enough Diet Coke to float the ship...and I have had excellent luck with bellying up to the bar, ordering a Diet Coke, and then chugging the first one immediately....after that, they will refill me. And then refill me again. Without re-ringing it. Because they know (see) it's all going to me.

I've been looking around the forums for an answer to this, maybe one of you will know. I don't drink soda, so if I were to bring my own cup, could I get it refilled with just water all the time? I usually drink almost a gallon a day, and no one is posting about water, its all booze and soda! Lol

While we are on the subject... I have a few weird questions about the Bottomless bubbles program.

I use an obscene amount of ice in my sodas. As well as I like it poured low and slow. I know... Don't ask. My kids remind me of how weird and obsessive it is ALL the time [emoji51]

So, my questions are this...

I am going to bring my Carnival tervis tumbler. Will they fill this with (a lot of ) ice? Or should I fill it on lido before going for my soda?

Will I be allowed to pour my own soda if I do not leave the bar area while doing it? I was going to ask if I would be allowed to take the can with me because with as much ice as I use, I actually get very little soda in the cup each time. However, that will not really matter, will it, since it is bottomless bubbles.

Thanks for any help you can give. And thanks for not reminding me I am a tad bit OCD when it comes to my soda [emoji851]

We're going on our first carnival cruise this June. Is it possible to get fountain soda anywhere, or is it just cans?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just cans, I'm afraid...

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

Each person can bring a 12 pack of soda onboard. You can also get a 12 pack on any port stops. If you drink that much soda why not fill Bubba yourself and save the cash? We did exactly that last year.

Edited by musikfans

Hi all,

Went on a carnival cruise about 1 1/2 years ago going again in April. Getting the soda card or unlimited bubbles--whatever its called.

Last time I did not think to bring my bubba keg cup and I just kept getting puny little plastic cups from the bar. If I give them my cup even if it is a big'un will they fill that?

just wondering because I could float the boat with how much diet coke I drink ;)

I see on one of your posts there is 4 of you. Bring 4 cases.

We're going on our first carnival cruise this June. Is it possible to get fountain soda anywhere, or is it just cans?

A few ships have the soda guns scattered around the bars.

Edited by BallFour4

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

if you go to the red frog and blue iguana bars on the lido deck they have soda guns for a more fountain-like drink