Thanks Dwayne!

greenie082756

So, I booked online yesterday and thought that our FCC would be applied to the deposit.

Well I looked and did not see the OBC that would be applied when using FCC and that made me wonder why.

Checked my credit card and oh there it was..$200. Hmmmm...

Well I don't ever remember seeing the question if I wanted to use my FCC for deposit on this cruise. I thought in the past when I had done this and used the FCC that it was one of the many questions in the booking process.

Well, apparently I am incorrect.

For the very first time I called customer service for PCC. Okay..I know from what I read here that there would be a long wait. Well OH MY! My call was answered under 5 minutes.

Spoke with Dwayne in customer service and he stated that I had to call them if I wanted to apply our FCC to the reservation. He was very professional and polite. The $200 deposit that was charged to my card would be reversed in 10 - 15 days. (Like everyone else, that seems like a long time).

Is this new that you can't apply our FCC online?? Maybe I'm just getting forgetful :confused:

Thanks Dwayne!! Good service and you got a 5 from me!!:D

I've always been able to use the FCC (actually FCD) when booking online. Hopefully that isn't a casualty of the "new and improved" web site. I know that I can no longer find the pre-cruise emails on my personalizer with the new site - which is quite annoying in my opinion.

In December we booked a cruise online which we eventually transferred to our TA. When booking online I recall having the option to use a FCD and that was used for our $100/pp. deposit.

Later I noticed that Princess used my FCD that expired much later than our other FCD which would expire a year earlier. My TA got Princess to correct their mistake but it wasn't the first time they've made this mistake recently. They did the same thing on another cruise last year so I'd recommend checking your Captain's Circle account (an option in My Princess) if you have multiple FCDs available because they're not always automatically using the oldest FCD first. :(

We always book our cruises online direct with Princess. However the last 2 cruises we have booked acknowledged our FCD and applied it to the booking but then it wanted a further large deposit :eek:. This happened both times and several months apart. We had to call Princess and book it with them on the phone. There does appear to be some kind of website glitch that hasn't been remedied.

However I still beleive that the Princess website when searching for and booking cruises is by far and away better than many other cruise line websites. P&O is shockingly bad. It keeps telling you that the room you are trying to choose doesn't exist!! And no, its not because it is already booked by someone else.

I was able to do it a week ago on a new booking... not sure why you couldn't do it. It doesn't make sense. Instead of getting your FCC refunded, why couldn't you cancel the existing booking and rebook? Doesn't look like Dwayne was very helpful...:eek:

I wanted my FCC used for this booking and I did not see it applied.

That's why I called. All is good now! :D

I always book on-line from the Princess web site. During the booking process, I cannot recall ever being asked about FCC. I generally give the reservation a few days to mellow and, then, call Princess. Interestingly, enough, contrary to the OP's experience I do not recall ever having to wait for a telephone agent--although, yes, I do have to wade through two menus in order to get one. Once in contact with the agent, they have consistently been able to expeditiously apply my credit to the fare and the OBC to my shipboard account. In the most recent occurrence (last week), I booked within a month of departure. So, my CC was hit for the full fare immediately. On the call, my "Dwayne" indicated that it would take up 10-15 days (Sound familiar?) for the $200 credit to hit my CC account. In fact, it only took a couple days. The OBC hit almost immediately.