!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

All I can say is AWESOME! You have set the bar even higher for reviews! Thanks so much!!!

You're very welcome, glad you enjoy it.

There's loungers for sure. I don't see any umbrellas in my photos except for at the far bar, but there's a lot of shade. The close bar has the best fish tacos!

That sounds quite interesting. So where the water taxi drops you off, how far is the beach from there? Can I walk to the beach?

I followed along with you on Facebook so I know how the situation with the neighbors turns out. However, I do not remember you mentioning that they were mocking your mom. What awful people!! Sorry you had to deal with that. :mad:

As far as your cruise next month, I really must recommend you go to St John when you call at St Thomas. There are many options to get there and I think you could do it for less than $50pp if money is an issue [hey that's just giving up a couple of adult beverages during the trip right? LOL]. It truly is BEAUTIFUL and so much more serene than St Thomas...2/3 of the island is a national park so there is far less development. Definitely worth spending the money!!

You're very welcome, glad you enjoy it.

That sounds quite interesting. So where the water taxi drops you off, how far is the beach from there? Can I walk to the beach?

It's not very far, maybe equivalent to a couple blocks, but up and down a hill. There is usually someone from one of the bars there with a golf cart to offer a ride or you can rent a golf cart if you want to explore more of the island. It's our new go to option for when were docked at Crown Bay:) the beach is nice and not crowded, the Kon Tiki party barge stops there but that still doesn't fill up the beach much.

Loved the night photos of the ship in San Juan!

I guess I can just come out and say it, I was not thrilled with this beach. This is designated a public park and managed by Magen’s bay authority. Your options for food are very limited since they only have one restaurant that is packed, and ruined by rude service. The food choices include nothing Caribbean, and not one fish item. It is also quite pricy. I guess I like choices, and a more public feel to it.

The rental chairs require a long line, and then you have to drag your chairs to the spot that you want to seat. I guess you can also tip the guy there, and he will take them for you. But they will not go too far out for you either. There is a deposit, that you have to get later on by bringing all the stuff back.

To me it just seemed monopolized and poorly managed. This is why I am asking all you for advice on where to go next month? I was thinking maybe sapphire beach? Or Coki? I am up for suggestions, I want someone where more secluded, or if not secluded, with more options for Caribbean food and loungers with umbrellas already setup. I appreciate any help :).

I am inclined to Coki, only one ship in port. I was going to head to St John, but $$$ is short since I quit my job at the end of the month.

All that said, the beach was very pretty and the water nice and clear. Although cold.

Megan's Bay was very beautiful, especially the way it appears to be snuggled between the grassy mountains. However, it didn't live up to my expectation overall. The water was beautiful, I live in NYC with no real beach near by and when you do get to one the water is grey. So this was paradise. The sand, set up and all American menu at the concession stand left a lot to be desired. This was not what I expected from a beach that was on a list of top Caribbean beaches.

We'll be doing Coki during our Escape sailing in June so I am looking forward to your review and comparison in May. We did Sapphire last year as June will mark our 3rd trip to St. Thomas. We may venture to St. John if we ever port there again.

Loving your review, writing style and sense of humor as always.

Following along, loving your review, great photos and details, and it comes with suspense and anticipation too, sorry though you had such awful neighbours!

While Florida is a looooonnnnng way from where I am, I definitely want to come and try one of these huge ships one day, hopefully sooner rather than later. It's on the list!

Again more fantastic photos my friend. Looking forward to your Holland House photos as I love that place.

Glad you enjoyed the Parrot Club in San Juan, they have great food! :)

Sent from my LG G5 using Tapatalk

We truly enjoyed our time there, I will definitely will be going back there.

I followed along with you on Facebook so I know how the situation with the neighbors turns out. However, I do not remember you mentioning that they were mocking your mom. What awful people!! Sorry you had to deal with that. :mad:

As far as your cruise next month, I really must recommend you go to St John when you call at St Thomas. There are many options to get there and I think you could do it for less than $50pp if money is an issue [hey that's just giving up a couple of adult beverages during the trip right? LOL]. It truly is BEAUTIFUL and so much more serene than St Thomas...2/3 of the island is a national park so there is far less development. Definitely worth spending the money!!

Yeah, I mentioned it there as well. That was basically the trigger that drove me from peaceful, to not have any respect to them.

Thankfully, we have the drink package included, so giving up drinks won't be an issue. I notice that most people say that they go to Trunk Bay, but when I research it, I notice a lack of food venues, and amenities. Mom can't out there without an umbrella. I could always bring our umbrella, but it is extra weight that I rate not deal with. Are there beaches there that offer this?

It's not very far, maybe equivalent to a couple blocks, but up and down a hill. There is usually someone from one of the bars there with a golf cart to offer a ride or you can rent a golf cart if you want to explore more of the island. It's our new go to option for when were docked at Crown Bay:) the beach is nice and not crowded, the Kon Tiki party barge stops there but that still doesn't fill up the beach much.

Loved the night photos of the ship in San Juan!

Thank you, I will keep this as one of the options. The only issue is the extra hassle of getting from Heaven to crown. I wish I had know about it when I was there last month.

Megan's Bay was very beautiful, especially the way it appears to be snuggled between the grassy mountains. However, it didn't live up to my expectation overall. The water was beautiful, I live in NYC with no real beach near by and when you do get to one the water is grey. So this was paradise. The sand, set up and all American menu at the concession stand left a lot to be desired. This was not what I expected from a beach that was on a list of top Caribbean beaches.

We'll be doing Coki during our Escape sailing in June so I am looking forward to your review and comparison in May. We did Sapphire last year as June will mark our 3rd trip to St. Thomas. We may venture to St. John if we ever port there again.

Loving your review, writing style and sense of humor as always.

We will be the only ship that day, so I am hoping that Coki won't be too busy. I also think that being there already, will most likely prompt me to go to the aquarium. Which will be something fun to do, not sure if mom will join me or not. Like I said, nothing is finalized yet, but I pretty much have an idea of what I want to do.

Thanks for sharing another day of your vacation with us, Gambee. I enjoyed hearing a bout your day in St Thomas. I can hardly wait to get there next month on our Freedom cruise. :D

Glad you continue to enjoy =)

Thank you for the continued support.

Following along, loving your review, great photos and details, and it comes with suspense and anticipation too, sorry though you had such awful neighbours!

While Florida is a looooonnnnng way from where I am, I definitely want to come and try one of these huge ships one day, hopefully sooner rather than later. It's on the list!

Thank you for your post, and for following. I enjoy writing them and entertaining others. You should definitely keep your eyes on one the O sisters, they are magnificent ships!

Thank you, I will keep this as one of the options. The only issue is the extra hassle of getting from Heaven to crown. I wish I had know about it when I was there last month.

Gambee, you can always try Emerald Bay. It is a 4 dollar taxi ride for Crown Bay. We went there on our cruise and there are photos on my review. No charge to get on the beach.

As for cellular in St John's, I too was surprised that there was no 3G. I could periscope from Labadee on the beach but not in the USVI. Hopefully San Juan will get better for coverage when we are there in August. I didn't read you mentioning it, so I figure it must be better.

Gambee, you can always try Emerald Bay. It is a 4 dollar taxi ride for Crown Bay. We went there on our cruise and there are photos on my review. No charge to get on the beach.

As for cellular in St John's, I too was surprised that there was no 3G. I could periscope from Labadee on the beach but not in the USVI. Hopefully San Juan will get better for coverage when we are there in August. I didn't read you mentioning it, so I figure it must be better.

San Juan gets great signal, well from US carriers. We had no issues with that.

Which ship are you doing on August?

I will go check Emerald, although we are docking on havensight. Thanks for the suggestion.

San Juan gets great signal, well from US carriers. We had no issues with that.

Which ship are you doing on August?

I will go check Emerald, although we are docking on havensight. Thanks for the suggestion.

I would commute from Havensight to Emerald. I'd return to Coki as it is much closer and a great beach with a much different flavour than Meagans.

We decided to get one more cruise in on Allure August 28th before we "move" over to Harmony.;) We stop at St Martin, San Juan and Labadee.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I would commute from Havensight to Emerald. I'd return to Coki as it is much closer and a great beach with a much different flavour than Meagans.

We decided to get one more cruise in on Allure August 28th before we "move" over to Harmony.;) We stop at St Martin, San Juan and Labadee.

Cool, that is one of the new routes. Sounds like a solid itinerary!

Hi.

We are booked on our first MSC cruise. We've wanted to try some different lines, and we happened upon a special and booked a balcony cabin for $1250 total.

But, I'm second guessing myself after reading about Oasis.

What would you do?

From looking at the drink/bar prices, it does seem like the prices have gone up. I haven't been on RCCL in a while, as we usually cruise Carnival, but even there prices seem to be creeping up as well. Oh well, what ya going to do...those of us that enjoy a nice drink, we will have to pay the price, right?

Again, thanks for the wonderful review, I'm loving what I've read so far. The pictures you take are just beautiful as it helps to tell the story along with your review.

Thanks for taking us along...now back to reading the review.