New dining package on Anthem -- BOGO 2 Night Dining Package - 2 meals for $30!

I just tried to book a second package (I already have BOGO) and it won't allow it because the BOGO is booked as the first night and the other package wanted to book the same time. So you're going to have to see if they'll sell it to you on board after the second day.

I just tried to book a second package (I already have BOGO) and it won't allow it because the BOGO is booked as the first night and the other package wanted to book the same time. So you're going to have to see if they'll sell it to you on board after the second day.

Thank you. A few months ago, someone on one of the Royal FB groups insisted that the 3,4,5 night dining plans don't necessarily have to include the 1st or 2nd night. Excellent point, I'd have to inquire after the 2nd night. Ah well, thanks again.

• 2 months later...
So has anyone done this, and how did it work once on board?

There were several who had reported that it worked for them, but since I am the OP and back from my cruise, I am happy to report back.

The good news is that it worked perfectly. When I got on board, I went to the area outside Jamie's where the different restaurants were trying to get people to sign up. I made a reservation for Jamie's the first night and Wonderland the second, no problems. When I got to my cabin, I found that they had booked me at Chops the first night and Jamie's the second., both at 6:30 (the time I had requested for the first night). When we ate at the restaurants, no one tried to charge us for our meals. And we enjoyed both restaurants.

Bottom line is it's a great deal and I highly recommend it.

There were several who had reported that it worked for them, but since I am the OP and back from my cruise, I am happy to report back.

The good news is that it worked perfectly. When I got on board, I went to the area outside Jamie's where the different restaurants were trying to get people to sign up. I made a reservation for Jamie's the first night and Wonderland the second, no problems. When I got to my cabin, I found that they had booked me at Chops the first night and Jamie's the second., both at 6:30 (the time I had requested for the first night). When we ate at the restaurants, no one tried to charge us for our meals. And we enjoyed both restaurants.

Glad it worked for you. That's good news.

• 1 month later...

So did they switch it to wonderland for you ? With no extra charge

Guest maddycat

We returned on Sat. from an Anthem cruise. We also purchased the BOGO dining deal for the first 2 nights of the cruise. At $30 per person it was a bargain. We had selected 6:30 for our dining time. We were assigned Chops for the first night and Jamie's for the second night, both for 6:45. We wanted Jamie's for the first night and Chops for the second night.

We went to Chops and were able to switch our reservation to the second night but the only time available was 8:15. We were told that we had to go to Jamie's to change that reservation. The host at Chops couldn't change any reservations for any other restaurants. Their computers weren't linked. We went to Jamie's and changed that reservation. At Jamie's we were able to keep the 6:45 time.

I was not pleased to have to spend the first afternoon of my cruise going to the restaurants to get the reservations that I wanted. If I can reserve all of the complimentary restaurants at home before my cruise I should be able to reserve the specialty restaurants for the first two night of the cruise also.

We returned on Sat. from an Anthem cruise. We also purchased the BOGO dining deal for the first 2 nights of the cruise. At $30 per person it was a bargain. We had selected 6:30 for our dining time. We were assigned Chops for the first night and Jamie's for the second night, both for 6:45. We wanted Jamie's for the first night and Chops for the second night.

We went to Chops and were able to switch our reservation to the second night but the only time available was 8:15. We were told that we had to go to Jamie's to change that reservation. The host at Chops couldn't change any reservations for any other restaurants. Their computers weren't linked. We went to Jamie's and changed that reservation. At Jamie's we were able to keep the 6:45 time.

I was not pleased to have to spend the first afternoon of my cruise going to the restaurants to get the reservations that I wanted. If I can reserve all of the complimentary restaurants at home before my cruise I should be able to reserve the specialty restaurants for the first two night of the cruise also.

That's odd that they couldn't do everything from Chops. On both Oasis and Allure we were able to do changes all at the one restaurant.

Guest maddycat
That's odd that they couldn't do everything from Chops. On both Oasis and Allure we were able to do changes all at the one restaurant.

We were told that their computers were not connected and that we would have to visit both restaurants.

Maddycat is correct. We were on the same Anthem sailing. Host at Chops couldn't "book" them. What they failed to mention to you is that he would "call" Jamie's and have them rebook it. Why the heck can't a multibillion dollar company have a global restaurant system? As a programmer, I find that baffling!

Beyond that, our issue was slightly more complicated and frustrating. DW and I bought the 4 night dinner package for 180 total. It was a steal considering we ate at Chops (42 X 2), Jamie's (35 X 2), Wonderland (50 X 2), and Izumi (30 X 2). Would be 314 if booking separately. But our big issue with the package....you reserve online and it says pick night one or two....we'll pick a restaurant for you at that time and you'll have the letter when you get to your room the first day...then you just book your other 3 for whenever you want.

Sounded good. Except the reservation sheet just said "4 night dining package" on night two. Nothing about what venue. We went to Jamie's and got directed to three people who said they could see we had a dining package, but no reservations. Frustrating that a) no one knew how to handle the package and b) that the site said something different then what occurs. That was a half hour of time wasted. Then we had to go book the other restaurants individually since they told us they couldn't see what the others had available!! Between all the lines, by the time we go it settled it was almost two hours later! Glad we got on at 11 otherwise we'd be dealing with it after dinner or on day two. Very inconvenient but a deal none the less.

Maddycat is correct. We were on the same Anthem sailing. Host at Chops couldn't "book" them. What they failed to mention to you is that he would "call" Jamie's and have them rebook it. Why the heck can't a multibillion dollar company have a global restaurant system? As a programmer, I find that baffling!

As a programmer, you should realize that they probably can do this, with the correct authority level. But the person at each specific restaurant likely only has permissions to change their own reservations. On Celebrity Solstice class ships, they have a central specialty restaurant desk which they don't have on Anthem. Perhaps they could do it at the station outside one of the free restaurants where people can arrange their dining for the week.

• 2 weeks later...

We had the BOGO on our recent Anthem sailing.

Upon boarding, I asked where we could make dining reservations. We were directed to Silk. A head waiter there checked our reservations online and said that we were not assigned a restaurant for either evening. DW really wanted to try Wonderland. She called there and was told that it was already full for both evenings. They agreed to honor the BOGO for a late reservation on night 3. Wonderland was great. We also booked Jamie's for the first evening. We also enjoyed that meal.

I would definitely do it again, perhaps doing Chops instead of Jamie's next time.

• 8 months later...

My family of 4 is on the Anthem this Thanksgiving and have purchased the BOGO package. We really want Wonderland on one of the nights.

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this.... Reserve and pay for Wonderland on night 2 through Cruise Planner then get on the ship, cancel reservation and re-reserve using the BOGO package. This way we know the time slot and restaurant we want is available.

I'm sure the cancelled reservation will probably go back to our account as a room credit but I'm sure we'll use the $200+/- anyhow.

Thoughts?

My family of 4 is on the Anthem this Thanksgiving and have purchased the BOGO package. We really want Wonderland on one of the nights.

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this.... Reserve and pay for Wonderland on night 2 through Cruise Planner then get on the ship, cancel reservation and re-reserve using the BOGO package. This way we know the time slot and restaurant we want is available.

I'm sure the cancelled reservation will probably go back to our account as a room credit but I'm sure we'll use the $200+/- anyhow.

Thoughts?

I'm a bit unclear what you're asking; but I pre-booked the $30.00 BOGO offer and payed for it with OBC!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this.... Reserve and pay for Wonderland on night 2 through Cruise Planner then get on the ship, cancel reservation and re-reserve using the BOGO package.

Don't think this will work - BOGO has to be on the first 2 nights and the system might not let you book "another" restaurant on the same night.

It seems Jamie's and Chops are more popular and you shouldn't have issues changing to Wonderland - just make it the first thing you do when you get on board.

I was on Anthem last Thanksgiving. We reserved the BOGO for nights 1 and 2. They gave us Wonderland on night 1 and Chops on night 2. I would suggest booking BOGO. You choose the time for your first night. Once you board you will know what place/time you have for the second night. If it doesn't work for you, it's very easy to switch. We needed to change our second night's time. You can do it at any specialty restaurant. I think there are good odds they put you in Wonderland. I have to be honest, I thought it was a bit of a strange dining experience. It's worth it for BOGO but not for full price. That's just my personal opinion. If you book the BOGO it won't let you book another reservation but don't worry. It works out well. My family did it on Anthem last year and on Grandeur this past June. Both times it was great. Good luck and enjoy!!!!!