New dining package on Anthem -- BOGO 2 Night Dining Package - 2 meals for $30!

I really enjoyed Wonderland. There's enough different stuff that even if you just eat the entrees you'll do OK at $15 per person (much harder to justify at $49). See if they'll give your meat eater the huge short rib on the bone!

I haven't gone thru cruise planner, but do you pre-select the restaurant(s) & time or RCL chooses for you. I'd like to try Wonderland at $15 and not $49 or $25 with a bogo d+ coupon.

I haven't gone thru cruise planner, but do you pre-select the restaurant(s) & time or RCL chooses for you. I'd like to try Wonderland at $15 and not $49 or $25 with a bogo d+ coupon.

No - it had me pick the time I preferred and it cancelled my first night reservation (but not my second night's which I thought was odd). It said I would find out our "assignments" once we are on board the first day but that we can change them at that time if we like. It also said that at that time we could add the kids at a "discounted" rate but it didn't say what that would be. I have heard $10 but since we adults are only paying $15 per dinner each that seems kind of high.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No - it had me pick the time I preferred and it cancelled my first night reservation (but not my second night's which I thought was odd). It said I would find out our "assignments" once we are on board the first day but that we can change them at that time if we like. It also said that at that time we could add the kids at a "discounted" rate but it didn't say what that would be. I have heard $10 but since we adults are only paying $15 per dinner each that seems kind of high.

When we sailed Oasis this Feb., they were running a luncheon special of $45 per for 3 S restaurants, and $5 per child per restaurant (tot. $15).

When we sailed Oasis this Feb., they were running a luncheon special of $45 per for 3 S restaurants, and $5 per child per restaurant (tot. $15).

That's not bad, but the lunch menus are typically a subset of what they have for dinner, correct? I know that lunch at Jamie's is $20 but does not include the lamb chops and maybe so other stuff.

Is anyone seeing this package offered on your non-Anthem cruises? How about if you have DD Classic booked on Anthem?

Is anyone seeing this package offered on your non-Anthem cruises? How about if you have DD Classic booked on Anthem?

We have DD Classic booked on Anthem and I just signed us up for this BOGO offer last night, so it is available for us too.

That's not bad, but the lunch menus are typically a subset of what they have for dinner, correct? I know that lunch at Jamie's is $20 but does not include the lamb chops and maybe so other stuff.

DD classic should have no bearings on any Specialty Restaurants reserves or dining. I'm scheduled for 6PM DD classic on Anthem 8/26n sail and we'll either use our 2 D+ coupons, bogo offer, plus our free SR from our TA.

We have DD Classic booked on Anthem and I just signed us up for this BOGO offer last night, so it is available for us too.

I was just wondering since an earlier reply suggested that it was a way to get people out of the regular dining rooms the first couple of nights. If you have a standing reservation at a specific table that they can't give to someone else, then getting you to eat elsewhere isn't of any benefit to them (other than less people to serve).

I just booked the 2 dinner BOGO for Anthem. When I booked it only asked what time we want to eat on the first night and only added the first night to my calendar. Did anyone else have that experience? I want to be sure I really get 2 dinners. Thanks.:confused:

I just booked the 2 dinner BOGO for Anthem. When I booked it only asked what time we want to eat on the first night and only added the first night to my calendar. Did anyone else have that experience? I want to be sure I really get 2 dinners. Thanks.:confused:

That's exactly what happened to us too. I reread it to be sure it clearly states 2 dinners and it does so I'm not going to worry too much about it. We leave on Monday so I will report back in s couple of weeks lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You have to choose the other two dinners when you get onboard.

This was the 2 night BOGO so we are supposed to have specialty dining assigned the first two nights. It was weird because it made me cancel my existing reservations for the first night but not the second night. The way it reads we should have 2 specialty dinners for effectively $15 each dinner.

This was the 2 night BOGO so we are supposed to have specialty dining assigned the first two nights. It was weird because it made me cancel my existing reservations for the first night but not the second night. The way it reads we should have 2 specialty dinners for effectively $15 each dinner.

That is correct. They obviously don't have it implemented perfectly quite yet. In theory, that would allow one to pre-book dinner the second night to make sure that you get what you want, but I'm not sure what would happen when they tried to make a reservation for you that night.

I am looking forward to your report as to how well this worked out.

Edited by MisterBill99

Not really. First, there is only one other dinner. Second, they make a second reservation for you, which you then supposedly have the option to change (along with the first) if you are not happy with what they have booked.

Not really. First, there is only one other dinner. Second, they make a second reservation for you, which you then supposedly have the option to change (along with the first) if you are not happy with what they have booked.

Sorry, I misread the post and thought they were asking about the 3,4,5 night dining package.

• 2 weeks later...
On Royals web site the promo says "from $30". Is it possible that if you opt for the more expensive specialties they increase the charge to 50% of list price for those restaurants (ie: Jamies $15, chops $19.5, Wonderland $24.5)?

You've paid for the dining package once you order it online. It would be very poor form to charge extra once you're on the ship, especially when you consider any two would be over $30 at half price. I think you're looking for a problem where one does not exist.

On Royals web site the promo says "from $30". Is it possible that if you opt for the more expensive specialties they increase the charge to 50% of list price for those restaurants (ie: Jamies $15, chops $19.5, Wonderland $24.5)?

I just wanted to add that if you look at any item on the site, even individual meals at specific restaurants or the Dreamworks Character Breakfast, the "PRICES STARTING FROM*" wording is there. And the asterisk footnote on the bottom of the page says "* Prices are per person unless otherwise noted and shown in USD. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity."

So it is not specific to this dining package and there is no reason to believe that the $30 price will be subject to supplements. It's always best to understand the fine print before posting conspiracy theories.

Edited by MisterBill99

Do you think Wonderland will be one of the choices for the BOGO?
There is nothing on the website to indicate that it would not be.

Hopefully someone who booked this will be sailing soon and will be able to report back on how it worked for them.

Not sure how soon this started appearing for sailings, but I'd really like some feedback for people who did this! Did you get what you wanted/were you able to make changes if you didn't like the venue?

I'd love to do this, but one of my family members does not eat asian food, so Izumi would be out. I'm hoping they would just schedule us for Chops and Jamie's. Wonderland would be great too.

Not sure how soon this started appearing for sailings, but I'd really like some feedback for people who did this! Did you get what you wanted/were you able to make changes if you didn't like the venue?

I'd love to do this, but one of my family members does not eat asian food, so Izumi would be out. I'm hoping they would just schedule us for Chops and Jamie's. Wonderland would be great too.

Best I can tell, it started at the beginning of April, which is when I posted the thread. SMHCPA posted on the 14th that they were leaving on the 18th and would come back in a couple of weeks to report on how it worked. So hopefully we will hear something this week.

Given that you are supposed to be able to change the reservations, where they put you initially should not be a big deal, of course changes would be subject to availability.