Anyone know why no sofa bed for category D8 on Allure?

We have a connecting D4 and D8 on the Allure. I just realized that the D8 only sleeps 2 so I assume the sofa does not turn into a sofa bed. Anyone happen to know why they wouldn't put sofa beds in there like the D4s? Is the space for the sofa somehow smaller? I am just curious. Thanks.

We have a connecting D4 and D8 on the Allure. I just realized that the D8 only sleeps 2 so I assume the sofa does not turn into a sofa bed. Anyone happen to know why they wouldn't put sofa beds in there like the D4s? Is the space for the sofa somehow smaller? I am just curious. Thanks.

The arrangement seems to be alternating cabins holding 2 and the next one 3. Cabins accommodating 3-4 will have the sofa bed by the balcony. The cabin for 2 will have the bed by the balcony and just a sofa.

d1's have triples and quads. therefore sofa beds.

They were talking about connecting cabins. The door between the cabins is where the sofa would be in a standard cabin. They have a chair instead. I believe some have a Pullman bed.

Like Bob mentioned above these side by side connecting cabins are the same size but RCI for the last several years have classify cabins that can sleep more than two in a higher category so they can charge more for these. If you need such a cabin therefore you must pay a higher rate to have one.

You can see on Radiance class ships all of the deck 7 obstructed, by the boat canopy and superstructure, view balconies that were Category E3 a few years back, now have the ones with third and fourth passenger pullmans classified as E1s.

The exception and difficult to comprehend part of this is that on the newer Quantum class ships all obstructed balconies on Deck 6 are classified the same, as DO, even if the cabin has a sofabed. :confused:

Edited by robtulipe

You will need to book a cabin with an available bed for all in your party...whether you plan on using it, or not! So...if you have 3 people (even if one is a small child) you will need to book a cabin with 3 beds.

The cruise line and its designers do not want all cabins to hold more than two. They want to control the potential number of 3- and 4- berth cabins.

They use the classification of "D1", "D2", etc., in part to carry that information.

• 4 weeks later...

It might also be because a lot of people want connecting cabins to hold their children. If the cabins that hold 3 or 4 cost more money, but you have a family of 5 people, then by having one cabin with a sofa bed and one without, it makes it so you can put parents in one, and the 3 kids in the connecting, and pay less money, while leaving the other sofa bed rooms for people who want to put whole families in them. Win/win (cheaper for the family of 5, cabin available for the family of 4, Royal makes more money.)

It could be that the connecting rooms used to both have sofa beds and hold 4 people, but lots of families were taking them and didn't really need both sofa beds, and using up all the rooms that hold 4 that other people may have used but couldn't because they were taken up by families who are only putting 2 kids in there. So perhaps it was a more efficient layout for the connecting cabins. Just a thought.

Edited by ColoradoGurl
To make more sense

Anybody know how these rooms are set up? We are in 7674, Is this room a sofabed with a Pullman above it?

Thanks!

if you go to Royal website look for your ship, go to deck plans. scroll to stateroom. if you see a stateroom room with a triangle that is a sofa bed. On every page on the website of deck plans with staterooms there is information about what all of the symbols mean. and - you can always call Royal and ask....