Dispute charge with credit card

I already asked to be reimbursed the 40% from double to single occupancy, even in obc, no deal. RCI told me to dispute the charges with my cc if I wanted to.

That's very disappointing. I guess you could try disputing that portion of your bill once you get back. Consider it a sport, and if you get back some money, good.

I would explain the supplement charge system, and that you were placed into a single-only room that usually carries the lesser charge, yet you were charged the full rate. Attach photos of a 'regular' double room and your 'single' interior studio.

Really hope the original poster has a favorable outcome. This is extremely devious by RCI and totally unacceptable.

Sorry you are having to go through so much hassle and disappointment on what is supposed to be a fun process - keeping my fingers crossed RCI realizes how absurd they are being and either finds a way to upgrade you or offers you substantial OBC/perks to make it right. Please keep us posted!

Sail date is April 29, 2016 so I have paid in full. Ship is sold out. There are 3 studios. I would have never booked if they had included this category in the inside stateroom GTY.

As a banker who has handled disputes, I think you have a case to dispute the charge. But...

Your biggest problem is timing. It's likely RCI's dispute resolutions area will sit on this past your sail date. You MAY get your money back, but then you won't be on your cruise. Second, your dispute is you did not get what you ordered, so you need to provide evidence to the CC company of what you ordered. Chances are the CC company will submit he dispute, but again timing is against you.

Bob, I know that you have had difficulty in the past, but I have disputed two charges from RCI on my BofA card with no blackball.

Good Luck.

The following is what shows when booking an inside guarantee on a Radiance class ship with RCI.

There's no way a SI studio cabin even comes close to meeting what is the minimum that can be assigned for this type of guarantee but RCI feels it can be hard nosed with the OP in this situation just because the OP is sailing solo and that cabin will do in this situation because it can accommodate one person even though a two person size cabin was paid for. They wouldn't have done this to a two person's booking.

Definitely RCI should provide what was promised or guaranteed and paid for as currently this sailing is no longer sold out as there is one Category K inside, 4 OV cabins, a Family OV (FO) and 6 balconies is currently showing available.

attachment.php?attachmentid=382894&d=1460773707

InsideGty.jpg.408f813223a94dc490931b316bb70801.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

The following is what shows when booking an inside guarantee on a Radiance class ship with RCI.

There's no way a SI studio cabin even comes close to meeting what is the minimum that can be assigned for this type of guarantee but RCI feels it can be hard nosed with the OP in this situation just because the OP is sailing solo and that cabin will do in this situation because it can accommodate one person even though a two person size cabin was paid for. They wouldn't have done this to a two person's booking.

Definitely RCI should provide what was promised or guaranteed and paid for as currently this sailing is no longer sold out as there is one Category K inside, 4 OV cabins, a Family OV (FO) and 6 balconies is currently showing available.

When I put in one person for this sailing, an interior guarantee comes up, as you describe. When I put in two people, an interior guarantee does not come up. So they are trying to get rid of those SIs, but the description they provide is incorrect and sneaky. Price is $1367.04 total for one person.

OP is that what you paid? Because it seems like a good price for a 16 day cruise. 2 people in a non-guarantee interior would pay $3216.08. And that 30% off sale is in effect so who knows how they are calculating the single supplement.

Edited by marci22

If RC can show proof of their interior guarantee includes any or all categories of inside cabins you will lose this dispute. I would submit it anyways just to create work on their side and the fact that the charge will be held in a pending state until resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If RC can show proof of their interior guarantee includes any or all categories of inside cabins you will lose this dispute. I would submit it anyways just to create work on their side and the fact that the charge will be held in a pending state until resolved.

I think if the OP had a screen shot with the guarantee description that included the 165 sq ft part, then they would have a legitimate basis for dispute.

Edited by clarea

I think if the OP had a screen shot with the guarantee description that included the 165 sq ft part, then they would have a legitimate basis for dispute.

You can still see the guarantee for the April 29 sailing of Serenade:

Interior Stateroom Guarantee

This standard stateroom offers two twin beds, a private bath and all the amenities of our standard staterooms.

Beds

2 twin beds (can convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long)

Pullman beds

Also says: 'occupancy 2-4 guests' and

Size: varies by ship

No sq footage listed on the guarantee

But it is listed at less than half the price of booking as a single into a non-guarantee interior. And there are no interior guarantees for 2.

So I am thinking that OP cannot really contest this. Based on availability only to singles, and price. I still think they should make it clear that this is a SI guarantee rather than a 'regular' interior guarantee. And at least everyone knows about the Sneaky Studio Guarantee now.

Edited by marci22

Thanks Marci, I though the OP had mentioned a sq footage at some point, but I must be confused with another thread.

It does say 'two beds', which implies a roomier room.

Their descriptions are always a little off because they don't want to individualize them. They try to apply them across all ships and it's very inexact when you're trying to determine what you're getting.

Lovescruising, I didn't book an IS (108 sq ft), I booked A GTY inside sleeps 2-4 at app. 160 sq ft. Paid 200 %. Didn't know IS existed, but that is what was assigned.

Let me preface what Im about to say with I definately do not feel you got what you paid for even with a guarantee and I would be fuming as well.

You did however book an IS GTY - what you got was an SI which doesn't even show on the deck plan that I could find.

Was just curious why you would book an inside cabin with being claustrophobic?

We had one once and never again!

As somone else stated - Cabin 9005 Cat K inside is available - it is very forward and a connecting cabin tho

It should be very easy for the OP to determine what category inside guarantee they booked as the exact category of their guarantee should be listed on their invoice in the General Information section. This has been so for the many guarantee bookings we've done with RCI.

We have a guarantee booked for our next cruise which originally was an inside Cat. Q-Gty and was upgraded by us to a OV Cat. I-Gty. The exact category guarantee shows in both invoices we got from RCI.

If the OP's invoice shows a Z or exact inside category, like Q, with-GTY that should be a regular inside not a SI studio which they were assigned.

Thanks Marci, I though the OP had mentioned a sq footage at some point, but I must be confused with another thread.

Actually, above the guarantee option, it says, 'or let us choose for you-

With this best-value option you'll be assigned to one of the staterooms listed above.'

And listed above is the interior room with the 165sq ft description...

This standard stateroom offers two twin beds, a private bath and all the amenities of our standard staterooms.

So it's definitely confusing regarding expectations.

Interior for one:

$2,879.00 USD*

AVG $2,879.00 / PERSON USD*

+ Taxes, fees and port expenses $169.04 USD*

Guarantee for one:

$1,198.00 USD*

AVG $1,198.00 / PERSON USD*

+ Taxes, fees and port expenses $169.04 USD*

Edited by marci22

Weird that I can get a guarantee for one person for a balcony, but not for two. The regular balcony price for single is nearly 5k. The guarantee price is $1767.04 with taxes and fees included. Not much more than the interior guarantee price. $1767 balcony guarantee vs $1367 inside guarantee. For one person only.

I've got to stop thinking about this. It's using up my life minutes!

Edited by marci22

Weird that I can get a guarantee for one person for a balcony, but not for two. The regular balcony price for single is nearly 5k. The guarantee price is $1767.04 with taxes and fees included. Not much more than the interior guarantee price. $1767 balcony guarantee vs $1367 inside guarantee. For one person only.

I've got to stop thinking about this. It's using up my life minutes!

That pricing does not make sense. For $400, I would not bother with the inside guarantee.

That pricing does not make sense. For $400, I would not bother with the inside guarantee.

I know, it seems glitchy. If I were OP I would take the $100 obc and pay the $400 for the upgrade to a balcony guarantee. It's a 16 night cruise.

Edited by marci22

I know, it seems glitchy. If I were OP I would take the $100 obc and pay the $400 for the upgrade to a balcony guarantee. It's a 16 night cruise.

Plus, the large balcony window should help alleviate the claustrophobia.

dedosr, I agree with you. I have never had a problem with GTY before and never complained if the location was not ideal. But, this circumstance is a little more complicated than just complaining about a room assignment. Without going through the whole thing again as stated in previous posts, RCI did a bait and switch on me. They still have not fixed their website in that they are not informing passengers that they could be assigned a studio. I am surprised that I haven't heard from anyone defending these studios. Like good location, roomy, anything?

May be this is suggested among next few posts...but add another name to the rezzie and have them no show. That would force them to move you to another cabin. The only extra cost would be the taxes, which I believe you'd get back at no show time.

Agree this is a bait and switch, and even more crazy is that had you had two names on rezzie from start they could never have put you in a studio, so there is definitely some issues RCCL must consider for public relations as well as legal reasons.

Maybe local press would like to get involved and put RCCL on the spot in a bad light. Would be easy for RCCL to find a way to make it right still.

May be this is suggested among next few posts...but add another name to the rezzie and have them no show. That would force them to move you to another cabin. The only extra cost would be the taxes, which I believe you'd get back at no show time.

Agree this is a bait and switch, and even more crazy is that had you had two names on rezzie from start they could never have put you in a studio, so there is definitely some issues RCCL must consider for public relations as well as legal reasons.

Maybe local press would like to get involved and put RCCL on the spot in a bad light. Would be easy for RCCL to find a way to make it right still.

OP sails in two weeks and the booking was made for a single. Don't think they can add names at this point.