Really disgusted with Azamara

midwestchick

Good news is that we are all sorted and retain our b2b by booking the earlier 6th September cruise in place of the chartered cruise. Thanks to Richard Twynam and the Azamara UK team it was all resolved quickly.

We did the same...we'll have to compare notes. ;).

Might be interesting [emoji6]

That's what I was thinking. I've heard Richard is great to deal with. I think I was treated good but there was one part of the negotiation I wasn't thrilled with. It will be fun to chat.

I'm not holding my breath on the b2b....I just hope one of them doesn't get chartered. To be on the safe side, I'm not posting my countdown clocks.....don't want to jinx it. I totally love the itineraries.

If you've been to any of the ports in the past, maybe you can offer some suggestions at some point.

That's what I was thinking. I've heard Richard is great to deal with. I think I was treated good but there was one part of the negotiation I wasn't thrilled with. It will be fun to chat.

I'm not holding my breath on the b2b....I just hope one of them doesn't get chartered. To be on the safe side, I'm not posting my countdown clocks.....don't want to jinx it. I totally love the itineraries.

If you've been to any of the ports in the past, maybe you can offer some suggestions at some point.

Yes Richard is a great guy to deal with, 100% customer focussed, no complaints about our treatment but you have to remember the UK booking conditions are very different from other markets.

Hopefully that will be the only charter and we can enjoy 20 nights on Quest.

Yes Richard is a great guy to deal with, 100% customer focussed, no complaints about our treatment but you have to remember the UK booking conditions are very different from other markets.

Hopefully that will be the only charter and we can enjoy 20 nights on Quest.

I know they're not the same as the U.S but aren't they similar?

I know they're not the same as the U.S but aren't they similar?

In most respects yes but we have certain consumer protection legislation that must be written into the contract, won't go into the details but we get a level of protection that US customers do not. I am always being told its this protection that means UK customers have non refundable deposits and often higher deposits. I haven't checked Azamara's but most booking conditions also make having travel insurance a condition of booking.

I know many UK customers book with US travel agents to get the cheap cancellation option but we are happy to book here as when we choose a cruise it's committed to our plans. To date we have completed 75 cruises with 12 booked and this is the first cruise we have ever had cancelled, maybe that was why it was a bit of a shock!

In most respects yes but we have certain consumer protection legislation that must be written into the contract, won't go into the details but we get a level of protection that US customers do not. I am always being told its this protection that means UK customers have non refundable deposits and often higher deposits. I haven't checked Azamara's but most booking conditions also make having travel insurance a condition of booking.

I know many UK customers book with US travel agents to get the cheap cancellation option but we are happy to book here as when we choose a cruise it's committed to our plans. To date we have completed 75 cruises with 12 booked and this is the first cruise we have ever had cancelled, maybe that was why it was a bit of a shock!

True that we do have a better cancellation policy. I will monitor pricing just in case as I always do. I do purchase insurance once final payment is made and because of the way My TA's travel company works, it does cover pre existing conditions. We have never had a cruise cancelled either, albeit we certainly haven't cruised as much as you. We started cruising later in life after having other types of vacations.

I must say I'm extremely happy with our stateroom and we have the same one on both legs of the cruise, like we had before.

Hope to meet and have a lovely chat over a drink onboard. 🍷 🍸 🍺 😊

I'm glad it worked out for you. From another source I just received an offer of two b2b Jazz Cruises for Jan-Feb 2017 -- whole-ship charters of Celebrity Summit. I don't know if cabins were sold before the charter was consummated, but it shows that charters happen even on much larger ships than Azamara.

Hope to meet and have a lovely chat over a drink onboard. [emoji485] [emoji483] [emoji481] [emoji4]

Absolutely have to make sure it happens [emoji106][emoji485][emoji485].

As soon as we got wind of the possible cancellation thanks to your post we had our TA block the cabin we had already booked just to make sure. We were on Ovation of the Seas but luckily had the Internet package, mainly because of the Diamond discount.

I'm glad it worked out for you. From another source I just received an offer of two b2b Jazz Cruises for Jan-Feb 2017 -- whole-ship charters of Celebrity Summit. I don't know if cabins were sold before the charter was consummated, but it shows that charters happen even on much larger ships than Azamara.

It's not uncommon for X to charter cruises. I don't know whether they sell cabins prior to a charter or not. If they do, I'm sure we'll be reading about it on the X forum.

Absolutely have to make sure it happens [emoji106][emoji485][emoji485].

As soon as we got wind of the possible cancellation thanks to your post we had our TA block the cabin we had already booked just to make sure. We were on Ovation of the Seas but luckily had the Internet package, mainly because of the Diamond discount.

That's funny...glad I posted it. I too looked at other cruise lines along with the ACC 9-6 sailing and checked to see if our cabin was available, even though I wasn't sure that would be an option. It was not but the one next door was and it was available on the 9-16 sailing. :D

About the drinks, are you buying or am I? 😉 😄

Edited by midwestchick

We were booked on a wonderful 10 itinerary on the Summit in January 2017 that went to some islands that aren't always included and it was canceled due to the Jazz charter. Lots of unhappy people on the roll call. We switched to the 14 day Eclipse but it was at a higher per day cost and is a repeat of our last Caribbean cruise. I'm having a hard time getting excited about the replacement cruise and it left a sour taste in my mouth for Celebrity. Which is too bad because we really enjoyed our cruise on the Eclipse in 2015.

Good news is that we are all sorted and retain our b2b by booking the earlier 6th September cruise in place of the chartered cruise. Thanks to Richard Twynam and the Azamara UK team it was all resolved quickly.

Glad to hear things worked out for you Riocca. I often hear great things about Mr Twynam and the UK team - so big time kudos to them.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise !

We were booked on a wonderful 10 itinerary on the Summit in January 2017 that went to some islands that aren't always included and it was canceled due to the Jazz charter. Lots of unhappy people on the roll call. We switched to the 14 day Eclipse but it was at a higher per day cost and is a repeat of our last Caribbean cruise. I'm having a hard time getting excited about the replacement cruise and it left a sour taste in my mouth for Celebrity. Which is too bad because we really enjoyed our cruise on the Eclipse in 2015.

Hi Beachseeker,

I hope this will make you feel better... We're just off 14 wonderful days on Eclipse in the Caribbean. We've sailed this itinerary about 8 times, and this sailing was one of the very best.

As for cruise lines changing schedules for charters ? Yes, it's happening more often, and with most cruise lines. It's certainly not only an Azamara item. I moderate many forums on here, and this type of conversation can be found on many forums. I totally understand the guest frustration, and we've been on the short end of the equation too. With that said, charter business is very lucrative, and I suspect that most every cruise line will continue to seek out this type of business in the future.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Beachseeker,

I hope this will make you feel better... We're just off 14 wonderful days on Eclipse in the Caribbean. We've sailed this itinerary about 8 times, and this sailing was one of the very best.

As for cruise lines changing schedules for charters ? Yes, it's happening more often, and with most cruise lines. It's certainly not only an Azamara item. I moderate many forums on here, and this type of conversation can be found on many forums. I totally understand the guest frustration, and we've been on the short end of the equation too. With that said, charter business is very lucrative, and I suspect that most every cruise line will continue to seek out this type of business in the future.

Andy, it is odd that most people think it is only their cruiseline . i always felt it was all cruiselines.

Andy, it is odd that most people think it is only their cruiseline . i always felt it was all cruiselines.

I really don't remember seeing it posted on other cruiseline forums. I have seen the complaints many times on this forum. I do read other forums when I'm considering sailing on one of their ships.

Hi Beachseeker,

Hi Host Andy, welcome back! I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation.

Hi Beachseeker,

Thanks, Andy. I'm sure our time on board Eclipse will be as good next January as it was in 2015. Just disappointed in the loss of the opportunity to visit some different ports. As much as we enjoy our time on the ships, especially on the Journey and Quest, itinerary and price drive our choice of a cruise.

In the circumstances the drinks are on Azamara [emoji41][/quote

I know....I was just funnin' you. [emoji6] [emoji39]

Don't worry totally got it, irony is a trait of the British sense of humour [emoji23]

Glad to hear things worked out for you Riocca. I often hear great things about Mr Twynam and the UK team - so big time kudos to them.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise !

Thanks Andy, glad to hear you had a great time on Eclipse it's our favourite big ship. I'm sure we will have a excellent cruise next year on Quest but have a few on Journey to enjoy first.

Hi Beachseeker,

I really wonder if it would be too difficult for cruise companies to give their itinerary out for charter first and have a cut off point when they can no longer charter and then release to the public.? In this way everyone would be served without the disappointment felt by it seems more and more people and cruise companies would still have their lucrative income , just a thought.