Which GS on Liberty?

I cant remember which ones exactly, I think it may be the third or fourth GS from the forward elevators is under the overhang Jacuzzi. We like these because it gives your balcony more shade during certain times of the day and when the ship is at certain angles.

Some people do not like them for that same reason.

I cant remember which ones exactly, I think it may be the third or fourth GS from the forward elevators is under the overhang Jacuzzi. We like these because it gives your balcony more shade during certain times of the day and when the ship is at certain angles.

These are the staterooms whose outside balcony glass has a gold tint also.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a grand suite on the Liberty?

We like 1278 which we have stayed in, and also have 1286 booked

In between the two 1282 would also do.

Never had any issues.

We prefer starboard side, but I would imagine the ones on Port Side are just as good 1578, 1582 or 1586

Edit: 1252,1256 & 1552, 1556 are directly below the cantilevered tubs.

Enjoy the GS

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

These are the staterooms whose outside balcony glass has a gold tint also.

1264 and 1564.

Is the gold tint a good thing?

We were in a GS in 2014 but I cannot remember which one and it is not listed on the RCCL site. Is that information stored anywhere?

I would not like the gold tint, but that is just a personal preference.

Never had any issues.

We prefer starboard side, but I would imagine the ones on Port Side are just as good 1578, 1582 or 1586

Enjoy the GS

Happy Days!

Good to know we will be in 1282 in 4 days

Is the gold tint a good thing?

We were in a GS in 2014 but I cannot remember which one and it is not listed on the RCCL site. Is that information stored anywhere?

Some people do not like it. If you are sitting on your chair looking at the water its like looking through a tinted window and you do not get the real colour of the water.

For us it's a trade off for the shade. But then again we live in the Caribbean. I can see a snow bird wanting to see the beautiful blue Caribbean sea as much as possible when on his 7 day vacation.

I agree with Bob. The furthest forward are less likely to have noise problems. We have stayed in several GS's on Freedom and Voyager class ships, and I can tell you that noise from the pool and solarium above can be quite annoying. Why the pricier cabins are under that deck is a mystery to me!

What about 1598 and 1298. They are separated from the others a bit and are more mid ship. Those look like they are right under the pools, so noise may be a factor like you guys said.

Is there any vantage to being more mid-ship regarding movement of the boat?

Where is the concierge lounge on the Liberty? I have seen several locations when I am searching and it is not showing up on the deck plan on cruise critic.

What about 1598 and 1298. They are separated from the others a bit and are more mid ship. Those look like they are right under the pools, so noise may be a factor like you guys said.

Is there any vantage to being more mid-ship regarding movement of the boat?

Where is the concierge lounge on the Liberty? I have seen several locations when I am searching and it is not showing up on the deck plan on cruise critic.

We would take them, all you have above you are deck chairs, might have some noise when they are cleaning and stacking the loungers.

Mid ship has its benefits of less walking

CL is now Suite Lounge on Deck 14 Port side

Never had any issues.

Enjoy the GS

Happy Days!

We were in 1578 last month and had a great experience. It was somewhat close to midship and about equidistant from the forward and aft elevators/stairs. We did not find noise to be a factor at all.

Never had any issues.

Enjoy the GS

Happy Days!

we will be in 1278 on 5/29. Do you know where the reserved sun deck seating is located?

Either side of the Pool Bar, staggered seating from pool deck up to deck 12

That's what we thought since it was that way on Navigator. On Liberty it's on top of the Pool Bar! :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

We recently stayed in GS 1586 on the Roatan, Belize, Cozumel route. The room was very comfortable and the beds were perfect. Not sure what everyone is complaining about but I slept well. But then again, I don't have any issues sleeping!

I could not hear any noise from the pool area until I opened the balcony door and then it was only the bands playing.

A little bit of a walk to either elevator. Not an issue for me but could be for some.

This was an adjoining room and I didn't hear any noise from the couple next door. The door was about a half inch thicker than the wall on our side.

My only complaint would be the shower/tub combo. The tub is very deep and there isn't anything to really hold onto to get into and out of the shower/tub combo. I was worried that I would slip. The towel rack at the end of the shower/tub is impossible to use. I had to lean, and I mean really lean, to try to reach it and I was unsuccessful, pretty useless.

we will be in 1278 on 5/29. Do you know where the reserved sun deck seating is located?

I thought reserve sun deck sucked, its 2 decks above the pool, I complained to conceriege saying it was a terribly location he told us he could reserve a couple of seats for us wherever we wanted, we did not take him up on offer. On location of GS it didn't seem to matter much, there are no hump or extended balconies or aft's , but we really enjoyed our GS

We're just off the Liberty and had GS 1552.

It was not under the 'hump', 1 or 2 rooms away from the tubs. No noise whatsoever from above. I was worried about this as well, but nothing.:)

The reserved pool chairs are indeed above the pool bar, but no one ever used them that we saw...

The suite lounge was on 14, aft. Very nice and bright.